The Student Room Group

Degrees you could get with a bellow average intelligence?

What do you think those would be? Are there any?
Reply 1
Are you asking for yourself or as a general question?

(Below has just 1 l, not 2.)
Business degrees are pretty much spoon fed to you. You just need to regurgitate information and you can get a 2:1.
You can get a 3rd class degree with little to no effort. The quality of your degree reflects your efforts and commitment to it I think rather than "intelligence". Naturally intelligent people don't always get good degrees.
Reply 4
Mathematics at Oxford. Banter. :holmes:

Nah, obviously not. I've no idea.
Childhood studies at Aberystwyth. You only need three C's to get in.
It pretty much depends if you're willing to put the work in. If you're intelligent enough to know you have to work for your degree then I think you would be fine doing most degrees. It might take you more time working than the people who it comes naturally to it but as mentioned before the degree classifications are more representative of the effort gone into the degree than of natural intelligence.
Anything at London Metropolitan
Most of them.

Half the population is below average, and there's nothing particularly difficult about the work required to get a degree (assuming a pass is sufficient). 'Below average' doesn't have to mean stupid. Just takes a bit more effort/hard work.
Reply 9
Is there a link between intelligence and getting a degree...?
Original post by Limpopo
Is there a link between intelligence and getting a degree...?

Well, going back to OP, it depends on the degree. Especially a mathematics or engineering degree. No regular joe can get that. But in general I feel as long you perform to standard and do work and show up you will pass.
Original post by thatonethere
You can get a 3rd class degree with little to no effort.

One of the many things wrong with the Anglo-American university system.

In Germany you get kicked out of university if you consistently underperform, and you end up without a degree. Why? Higher education is free of charge in Germany, and there's a long line of people who want your spot on the program.
Anything at Harvard University.

If by Harvard University then you mean McDonalds then anything you want xx
Original post by Maharaniii
Well, going back to OP, it depends on the degree. Especially a mathematics or engineering degree. No regular joe can get that. But in general I feel as long you perform to standard and do work and show up you will pass.

I would tend to agree with you. I have no experience of University life as I never went, nor do i have a degree but it is clear that stuff such as Maths, Engineering and sciences do need extra work and are more challenging.
Thought someone would have said "any arts/humanities degree" by now, to be honest :colonhash:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Changing Skies
Thought someone would have said "any arts/humanities degree" by now, to be honest :colonhash:

Posted from TSR Mobile

STEM or go home.

Happy now?
Original post by ChaoticButterfly
STEM or go home.

Happy now?

Very :wink:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by PsychadelicScarf
Childhood studies at Aberystwyth. You only need three C's to get in.

Isn't that what Rolf Harris did?

Quick Reply

Latest