The Student Room Group

i feel too dumb to study law at university

i am going to study law next year and i feel too dumb. I keep getting 60% for my essays but higher marks for presentations, the lowest mark I have recieved for my essay was 54% (which is why I have this feeling). I don't know what to do...
Why do you feel you are too dumb for it? Could you provide more context and whats subject is those essay for?
I'm honestly the same and wondering if masters in psychology would even be a smart move. It does knock your confidence but think of it this way, at least you're getting merits. Keep going and don't underataimate yourself, you are smart enough and will hit your targets. Just by posting this, suggests you have standards and want to do better. You'll do great :smile:
Reply 3
Original post by Anonymous
i am going to study law next year and i feel too dumb. I keep getting 60% for my essays but higher marks for presentations, the lowest mark I have recieved for my essay was 54% (which is why I have this feeling). I don't know what to do...

Sounds more like an imposter syndrome and setting the bar far too high. You don't need a perfect score on everything to be a lawyer, every law student hasn't. You'd be shocked at uni to find out how stupid some students are.
Reply 4
Original post by Anonymous

Bro fkin trust me on this YOU ARE SMART ENOUGH dont let anyone tell you otherwise! You need to break the barrier of "oh im not good enough" stfu you are smart man you CAN DO anything you set your mind to! (sorry for the swearing just want you to believe in yourself, you are so much more intelligent than you think.)
let me tell you something. i got DEE for my a levels. it knocked my confidence so bad i didn't even want to risk going to uni.
enrolled onto a ba law course at my university college as the main uni couldn't accept my grades.
the following yr i used my first yr grade to enrol at the main uni (they finally let me on to do the llb course)
i changed course through clearing to do advertising instead - 3yrs later i graduated w a 1st and i'm currently in a decent paying job relating to my degree.

u can do it. if you have to work 2 or 10x harder than the average student, you will do it.
i failed all my school exams, spent years at college then eventually went uni this year. I'm not the smartest but made it
Reply 7
I'm a 3rd year law student and i get 60s and 80s on a good day some how but i have no idea what I'm doing, i can't even argue with people cause i hate speaking and make stupid life choices. im honesly tired of this degree theres so much reading. I feel like the only general knowledge i have is based on law and nothing else. I used to be so intersted in a lot of things now i just dont care. (Typing this while i have an assignment due in 2 hours)🙃
Reply 8
I'm a 3rd year law student and i get 60s and 80s on a good day some how but i have no idea what I'm doing, i can't even argue with people cause i hate speaking and make stupid life choices. im honesly tired of this degree theres so much reading. I feel like the only general knowledge i have is based on law and nothing else. I used to be so intersted in a lot of things now i just dont care. (Typing this while i have an assignment due in 2 hours)🙃

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending