The Student Room Group

TSR Turkish Society

Scroll to see replies

BsRRZddIIAIN3gq.jpg-large.jpeg

Typical Turk. NE DIYON LA...
Original post by ihateusernames
merhaba!

oo whats ur dissertation on? good luck

Looking if a particular family of proteins exist in subpopulations of immune cells which are resident in breast tissues and then comparing if the amount of those proteins are highter or lower in those subpopulations of immune cells infilitrating primary human breast tumours. I did some stuff on blood too, but it doesn't seem to fit in with the story of the dissertation so it was a bit of a waste of time :tongue:

Original post by cem101
thats right, I'm flawless.

also, what do you study? good luck on disso

Original post by hollywoodbudgie

Welcome to the best society on TSR where the thread becomes inactive for months and then suddenly bursts to life with angry debates and too many conversations about Turkish food. :wavey:

Feel free to introduce yourself.
It feels like I'm doing too much talking on this thread because my dissertation is due in on Wednesday and for some reason writing nonsense here relaxs me a bit :tongue:

My name is Bahar. I'm 19 years old. I live in Ankara. I study computer engineering in Ankara University. Thats all :biggrin:
Original post by KloroFloro
My name is Bahar. I'm 19 years old. I live in Ankara. I study computer engineering in Ankara University. Thats all :biggrin:

very nice name. good english too, hosgeldin.
Original post by cem101
very nice name. good english too, hosgeldin.

Thanks. Hoşbulduk :smile:
Il be honest im pretty nosey sp i will. I have twitter but its not a persnal account - was trying to promote my science blog. Its @unmaskinthebody. Dont use it anymore and the blogs crap lol got bored when i realised no one gives a **** haha at least it looked gd on my ps

Posted from TSR Mobile

It's so cool :tongue:

Original post by cem101
i just noticed i actually come up on google lol

Link? :tongue:

Original post by cem101
any muslims fasting?

Try to whenever i can :redface:

Looking if a particular family of proteins exist in subpopulations of immune cells which are resident in breast tissues and then comparing if the amount of those proteins are highter or lower in those subpopulations of immune cells infilitrating primary human breast tumours. I did some stuff on blood too, but it doesn't seem to fit in with the story of the dissertation so it was a bit of a waste of time :tongue:

wow :smile: what are your findings?
Original post by rosewater1

Link? :tongue:

Try to whenever i can :redface:

I won't link it as its a really bad pic of me :smile: but as i said my twitter and stuff is all open so no hiding :smile:

I've been fasting since I was 7. I just find it incredibly easy, I don't know how though.
Any turk got a place in city university london?

Posted from TSR Mobile

wow :smile: what are your findings?

That I need more people to be certain about my findings :tongue:
(potentially found a new way to activate certain immune cells in the body which are often suppressed or manipulated by cancer cells, but I don't really believe my results)

Original post by turkishlegacy

Posted from TSR Mobile

Not me, but congratulations for getting a place at such a good uni :smile:
😊 haha thanks

Posted from TSR Mobile

#TeamUCL
What are you studying cem
(edited 9 years ago)
(potentially found a new way to activate certain immune cells in the body which are often suppressed or manipulated by cancer cells, but I don't really believe my results)

Not me, but congratulations for getting a place at such a good uni :smile:

So cool so are you studying biomedical science or something else? And what uni u at? Finally another turk that doing sciencey stuff all the turks i know either work in a kebab shop or did business haha. Serious tho at my uni there was only me and another turk and a half turk

Posted from TSR Mobile
(edited 9 years ago)
So cool so are you studying biomedical science or something else? And what uni u at? Finally another turk that doing sciencey stuff all the turks i know either work in a kebab shop or did business haha. Serious tho at my uni there was only me and another turk and a half turk

Posted from TSR Mobile

I'm actually a graduate already :tongue: I'm doing my masters now but it's going to finish literally next week, meaning I need to start earning money :afraid:

Does City not have a Turkish Society? There was quite a few at QMUL (my old uni).

And there's nothing wrong with doing business. My older brother did it and he's pretty rich now.
Scientists, on the other hand, never earn much in this country.
What are you studying cem

Statistics, hoping to go into finance/accounting. would've been sensible to study Accounting & Finance but Ucl don't do it...........
I'm actually a graduate already :tongue: I'm doing my masters now but it's going to finish literally next week, meaning I need to start earning money :afraid:

Does City not have a Turkish Society? There was quite a few at QMUL (my old uni).

And there's nothing wrong with doing business. My older brother did it and he's pretty rich now.
Scientists, on the other hand, never earn much in this country.

Cool i thought ur dissertation seemed a bit advanced for bsc level.

I went st georges and nah just a handful if ppl. I randonly met a turk that worked at my uni too and her bf who was iranian but spoke turkish but that was it. Me and my only polish in the uni friend joked bout starting a polturk soc but ealised wed only have 5 members lol

And ye i agree nothing wrong with it i just feel like turkish parents dont encourage any other subject. And ye tge moneys crap for scientists

Posted from TSR Mobile
(edited 9 years ago)
does anyone recommend learning another language at uni? thinking of learning arabic and spanish or mandarin. maybe advance my german a bit too.

need to start networking as soon as i hit uni.
Original post by cem101
I won't link it as its a really bad pic of me :smile: but as i said my twitter and stuff is all open so no hiding :smile:

I've been fasting since I was 7. I just find it incredibly easy, I don't know how though.

Lucky you, i get really hungry when fasting here in the uk, and thirsty in turkey :smile:

So i take it we'll be hearing your name in the news some time soon? :biggrin:
Original post by cem101
does anyone recommend learning another language at uni? thinking of learning arabic and spanish or mandarin. maybe advance my german a bit too.

need to start networking as soon as i hit uni.

Well language societies do rather quickly turn into dating society :colone:

So i take it we'll be hearing your name in the news some time soon? :biggrin:

Not gonna happen with my poor data :tongue:

But everyone needs some ambition right? :wink:
Well language societies do rather quickly turn into dating society :colone:

sounds like there's a story there

Quick Reply

Latest