The Student Room Group
Students relaxing outside, University of Chester
University of Chester
Chester
Visit website

Accomodation

Heya,
I have completed the marks needed for Chester University. I am currently trying to figure out what utilities i will need to bring to the university with me in September. I was wondering if anyone who has experience on their first year at uni, with self catering would be so kind as to help me, and guide me?
Thank you so much :smile:
Original post by Julititta
Heya,
I have completed the marks needed for Chester University. I am currently trying to figure out what utilities i will need to bring to the university with me in September. I was wondering if anyone who has experience on their first year at uni, with self catering would be so kind as to help me, and guide me?

Pots, pans, bowels, plates and mugs containers etc not too too much if you applied for studio if you're sharing a kitchen there's more room soo bring a bit more ...

Depends if you're okay to share knives and forks with strangers you can just bring your own ?

Obi a laptop would be good, and as for duvets in studios I hear they provide them so you just need sets if shared kitchen self catered I think you would brining your own ?
Students relaxing outside, University of Chester
University of Chester
Chester
Visit website
Reply 2
Original post by Tee Louise
Pots, pans, bowels, plates and mugs containers etc not too too much if you applied for studio if you're sharing a kitchen there's more room soo bring a bit more ...

Depends if you're okay to share knives and forks with strangers you can just bring your own ?

Obi a laptop would be good, and as for duvets in studios I hear they provide them so you just need sets if shared kitchen self catered I think you would brining your own ?

That's fab! Thank you for that. Have to start making a check list^^ I don't mind sharing as long as they are clean:3
Yeah i think laptop is an important one, and i guess wait and see what the uni say :smile:
That's fab! Thank you for that. Have to start making a check list^^ I don't mind sharing as long as they are clean:3
Yeah i think laptop is an important one, and i guess wait and see what the uni say :smile:

Hygiene is everything, and urm didn't they send you a booklet with what to bring ? The send me one a little while back with a brief idea ?
Reply 4
Hygiene is everything, and urm didn't they send you a booklet with what to bring ? The send me one a little while back with a brief idea ?

That's true, but to be honest i'm also not going to go out of my way to make sure everything is 100% perfect, i'm messy, so i can handle a lil mess^^
Thing is, i just sent in my results today, coz the person who was meant to send them never did :/
That's true, but to be honest i'm also not going to go out of my way to make sure everything is 100% perfect, i'm messy, so i can handle a lil mess^^
Thing is, i just sent in my results today, coz the person who was meant to send them never did :/

Oh noo sorry about that hope they get back to you really soon ! So they can send you all the right stuff

I'm messy too, but I think in my own little room I will keep it tidy well some sort
Reply 6
Oh noo sorry about that hope they get back to you really soon ! So they can send you all the right stuff

I'm messy too, but I think in my own little room I will keep it tidy well some sort

I hope so too, and i think that they will :biggrin:
Hehe i think we all say that, but after fresher's week with all the partying i doubt it^^
Heya,

Hey, can't say much on what you are asking but I thought I would ask what subject you are going to be studying?
Reply 8
Original post by Kieran_Lamb
Hey, can't say much on what you are asking but I thought I would ask what subject you are going to be studying?

It's okay :smile: I'm going to do Criminology and Spanish:smile: u?
It's okay :smile: I'm going to do Criminology and Spanish:smile: u?

Wow thats awesome! What subjects did you take previously?
I am going to be studying business studies!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending