The Student Room Group

Will i still gt into cambridge with theses gcse grades

Scroll to see replies

Original post by farmgirl1990
Pretty easy for her as she is veggie

That's clearly not the point...
you have blown your chances with them B's, its strictly A's and A*'s for Oxbridge, and especially for Cambridge :smile: although you might be ok for land economy at Cambridge, but at Girton or St.Johns :tongue:
mmmm you got 2 Bs? I got some bad news.
Original post by Rahul.S
you have blown your chances with them B's, its strictly A's and A*'s for Oxbridge, and especially for Cambridge :smile: although you might be ok for land economy at Cambridge, but at Girton or St.Johns :tongue:

Are you a troll? XD
Original post by mrmahadsaid
Maths - A*
Further Maths - A*
English Lang - B
English Lit - B
Physics - A*
Biology - A*
History - A*
Geography - A*
History - A*
Religious Education - A* (did in year 9)

all about AS grades ie ums and admission tests and how you think. GCsE's are just like potential factors.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Are you seriously asking that question.. those results are amazing!:tongue:

thank you for sharing that... I must admit, i didn't understand anything that was happening. If this is a troll thing, wtf? if this is a joke, i don't get it :biggrin: i don't watch anime... So diverting back to purpose of thread, you can get into Cambridge with 10 C grades.
Maths - A*
Further Maths - A*
English Lang - B
English Lit - B
Physics - A*
Biology - A*
History - A*
Geography - A*
History - A*

Please tell me you're not one of those people who think that getting two B's means you've failed for oxbridge? It's so annoying when people do this.

If it was solely on your GCSE's there'd be absolutely no doubt that you'd get a place. However, it's not. You've got a competitive GCSE record, now make sure you get those A's at AS and A*'s at A2.
Maths - A*
Further Maths - A*
English Lang - B
English Lit - B
Physics - A*
Biology - A*
History - A*
Geography - A*
History - A*

You seriously worried about Cambridge with those grades?

Original post by Angelo12231
lol understood it wasn't for her, but turning down Cambridge is like saying no to a meal at KFC... IMO

You'd be surprised at the number of people who do decline Cambridge.

It's a lot of work going to Oxbridge and some people who have worked like dogs at school want to go to a uni where there's less pressure.
Reply 31
You won't get rejected on GCSEs if that is what you mean. Will you get in? Who can say? My mate got rejected with your GCSEs and A*A*A predicted grades after 2 interviews and great UMS. He was in the top 5% of rejected candidates for Economics. Nobody can tell you that will get in because they simply don't know.
thank you for sharing that... I must admit, i didn't understand anything that was happening. If this is a troll thing, wtf? if this is a joke, i don't get it :biggrin: i don't watch anime... So diverting back to purpose of thread, you can get into Cambridge with 10 C grades.

10 C grades, what have you been smoking :cig: A very exceptional student who has performed very well in A-levels potentially but even then, competition is fierce. But this kid has blown their chances with the B's :colone:

You asked me if I am a troll, the link should answer that.
(edited 9 years ago)
Original post by Rahul.S
10 C grades, what have you been smoking :cig: A very exceptional student who has performed very well in A-levels potentially but even then, competition is fierce. But this kid has blown their chances with the B's :colone:

You asked me if I am a troll, the link should answer that.

you do know i'm trolling...
They will look at your UMS marks for interview selection and ideally you want 90+
lol understood it wasn't for her, but turning down Cambridge is like saying no to a meal at KFC... IMO

There are plenty of sensible reasons for turning down Cambridge. Firstly, contrary to the popular belief, Cambridge is not the greatest institution that exists on this planet. There is a lot more to universities than league tables. For instance, your starting salary is likely to be significantly higher if you choose Imperial over Cambridge and even if you like league tables, there are universities that do better than Cambridge. On top of that, Cambridge is a pretty odd place to study and there are plenty of people who it simply doesn't suit.
the reuslts u got seems pretty amazing :smile: I'm sure most universities will be happy with them but the only difficult is that they're most likely to look at A level results so do you know which subjects you're going to do at a levels yet?
That's clearly not the point...

It was clearly a joke...
Original post by farmgirl1990
It was clearly a joke...

If you say so :rolleyes:
lol i know... i want to do medicine... basically hoping i dont get any Bs on results day... only one subject that im not too confident on... french :3

I know the feeling :frown:

Quick Reply

Latest