The Student Room Group

Which is the better show - Supernatural or The Vampire Diaries

Discuss and elaborate on your reasoning :biggrin:
Supernatural hands down the only good thing about tvd is damon and even he becomes annoying when hes eith elena! Supernatural is actually funny plus has a decent storyline. Tvd has stupid plot holes everwhere...

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Teddysmith123
Supernatural hands down the only good thing about tvd is damon and even he becomes annoying when hes eith elena! Supernatural is actually funny plus has a decent storyline. Tvd has stupid plot holes everwhere...

Posted from TSR Mobile

I like SPN as I am sure you can tell, but get annoyed by Sam's whininess all the time!

And I miss Kevin/Bobby/John etc.

I used to be really into TVD but since Klaus left - I'm more into the originals now and SPN ofc.
Original post by fnatic NateDestiel
I like SPN as I am sure you can tell, but get annoyed by Sam's whininess all the time!

And I miss Kevin/Bobby/John etc.

I used to be really into TVD but since Klaus left - I'm more into the originals now and SPN ofc.

Yh I prefer the originals too more than tvd tbh but supernatural trumpts them both

Posted from TSR Mobile
There is very little that is better than the first five seasons of Supernatural.

It's rare of any series to have a coherent story arc over five years where the stakes gradually get higher and the character motivation can change but still be consistent.

After season 5 it went down hill somewhat but it's still pretty good.
Yh I prefer the originals too more than tvd tbh but supernatural trumpts them both

Posted from TSR Mobile

The only main problem with SPN is that they kill off too many of the main characters.

However the episodes where Sam and Dean just hunt wendigos and **** like in S1 etc. I think are the best :smile:
Original post by Gwilym101
There is very little that is better than the first five seasons of Supernatural.

It's rare of any series to have a coherent story arc over five years where the stakes gradually get higher and the character motivation can change but still be consistent.

After season 5 it went down hill somewhat but it's still pretty good.

Only positive things after that time were more Castiel scenes, introduction of Crowley and the finales.

Every finale lived up to its rep, but the first 5 seasons were the best.
Reply 7
Supernatural of course :biggrin: One of my favourite shows.

I used to be obsessed with the Vampire Diaries when it first started and after reading the books. It gradually became boring for me and I stopped watching it. Not too into vampires though and I've never really connected with it in the same way.

In my opinion, I think the characters in SPN are a lot more in depth and the storyline as a whole is better planned out. Also, the bond between Sam and Dean is something else.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by corax
Also, the bond between Sam and Dean is something else.

Posted from TSR Mobile

And don't forget Destial as well :lol:

Never watched the Vampire Diaries as I'm not a woman so Supernatural
Original post by Jordooooom

I love dean and castiel :colondollar::colondollar: I think cass is so funny and I love his stupid adorable self!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by corax
Supernatural of course :biggrin: One of my favourite shows.

I used to be obsessed with the Vampire Diaries when it first started and after reading the books. It gradually became boring for me and I stopped watching it. Not too into vampires though and I've never really connected with it in the same way.

In my opinion, I think the characters in SPN are a lot more in depth and the storyline as a whole is better planned out. Also, the bond between Sam and Dean is something else.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Very true, that show deserves way more credit and respect that it gets.

Original post by Jordooooom

Destiel, when green meets blue - a perfect turquoise <3

lmao
Original post by fnatic NateDestiel
The only main problem with SPN is that they kill off too many of the main characters.

However the episodes where Sam and Dean just hunt wendigos and **** like in S1 etc. I think are the best :smile:

Yh but I think at least when they kill characters its semi permanent but in tvd a character dies then comes back the next episode

Posted from TSR Mobile
Where's the TVD love? :frown: Haven't seen Supernatural though,so i can't compare. But TVD is awesome,or at least it was. The whole love triangle got repetitive and boring
Original post by itsRochana
Where's the TVD love? :frown: Haven't seen Supernatural though,so i can't compare. But TVD is awesome,or at least it was. The whole love triangle got repetitive and boring

Yh exactly the love triangle ruined the show!!! It would be a lot better without elena in my opinion

Posted from TSR Mobile
Yh exactly the love triangle ruined the show!!! It would be a lot better without elena in my opinion

Posted from TSR Mobile

She annoys me soooo much, can't stand her lol
Reply 15
Supernatural.

download (4).jpg

No elaboration needed.
Both shows stink. I guess pretty people make any show watchable.
Supernatural all the way , although it did scare me when i was younger :L
Original post by Marky Mark
Both shows stink. I guess pretty people make any show watchable.

Lol yh thats true but I think supernatural especially the first 5 seasons are really gd

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest