The Student Room Group
University of Leicester
University of Leicester
Leicester
Visit website

travelling in leicester? someone answer my queries

Advice to a londoner
here we use oyster cards for bus and train

so how do i get around leicester from the railway station to and around university and leicester university

i cannot find information on this anywhere

do you pay on bus with money? or do you have an already bought tiicket

where do you buy that ticket from
where do you buy annual passes from
how about students buses
info on that please?

etc
(edited 9 years ago)
Original post by Xenax123
Advice to a londoner

so how do i get around leicester from the railway station to and around de montfort university and leicester university

how about students buses
info on that please?

etc

You can walk from the train station to the universities, it's a 10-15 minute walk, less than that depending on how fast you walk. There's always taxis available inside and just outside the station there is a taxi firm (it's next to the Parcel Yard pub) if you want to be lazy and buses too. I know there's a bus service from the student village in Oadby to the university, I'm not sure where you get the bus passes from but if you want one I'm assuming it will be online somewhere. Otherwise just buy a ticket when you get on the bus :smile: hopefully that's helped you :smile:
University of Leicester
University of Leicester
Leicester
Visit website
Reply 2
Original post by marianewton
You can walk from the train station to the universities, it's a 10-15 minute walk, less than that depending on how fast you walk. There's always taxis available inside and just outside the station there is a taxi firm (it's next to the Parcel Yard pub) if you want to be lazy and buses too. I know there's a bus service from the student village in Oadby to the university, I'm not sure where you get the bus passes from but if you want one I'm assuming it will be online somewhere. Otherwise just buy a ticket when you get on the bus :smile: hopefully that's helped you :smile:

how how much is a bus journey
how do buses actually work because i heard there are multiple service provider
how how much is a bus journey
how do buses actually work because i heard there are multiple service provider

I have no idea about pricing, it varies with bus companies I think, but a return ticket from Oadby to Leicester can't be more than a fiver, I'll be a fresher in September but I'm from just outside Leicester and I've always used trains to get into Leicester, so I'm not too sure about bus prices. About how the buses work, I'm not too sure what you mean, I just get on the bus that takes me where I want to go :smile:
Arriva are the primary bus service provider in Leicester. If you are going to be a regular bus user then you might want to consider either a termly (wider Midlands area only) or annual (option of local Leicester or wider Midlands) pass.

For more info:
http://www.arrivabus.co.uk/student-saver-tickets-in-midlands/
Advice to a londoner

so how do i get around leicester from the railway station to and around university and leicester university

how about students buses
info on that please?

etc

- The railway station is approx. a 15 minute walk from the uni campus. It's sort of a midpoint between the campus and city centre. University Road is pretty much opposite the station and you just walk straight down there to campus
- You pay on the buses with money or a valid pass - it's not like London where now all the buses are cashless
- You can buy the 4 weekly or annual passes from the Arriva website. The university has a dedicated bus service that takes you to and from halls and campus - it's the 80 and 80A buses and they also go into town. In addition, the bus pass enables you to travel on any Arriva bus in Leicester so you can hop on one into town too
- As far as I'm aware a day ticket costs £4.20. Here's the Arriva website - it looks like they've stopped doing annual passes, though. Hope I helped:

https://tickets.arrivabus.co.uk/midlands/leicester/#142
Original post by Pavzky

- As far as I'm aware a day ticket costs £4.20. Here's the Arriva website - it looks like they've stopped doing annual passes, though.

The Leicester Local Student Saver is now available from Arriva for 2014/15; £360 for the year or £130 per term.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending