The Student Room Group
Students on campus at Queen Mary, University of London
Queen Mary, University Of London
London

Qmul waiting list for september 2014 accommodation

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
Original post by Zee1989
No. Stratford One is just one of the properties under UniteStudents.

UniteStudents has a number of properties including Stratford One, Pacific Court and Rahere Court...

Check their website out: http://www.unite-students.com/pp1344860811061/London ....This link shows you the list of their properties

Again, if you want to live very close to the QMUL, make sure to look at the postal code of the property you like, and check how far it is from QMUL using the trip planner website I gave you

For UniteStudents, you can book a room and pay a deposit of 250 pounds but you have two weeks to get your refund back. So lets say for example, you book it today and pay the deposit, if within the next two weeks you haven't gotten your results back, call Unite to cancel it - they do not take your deposit from your credit card or whatever method of payment you provide, unless you do not cancel it within the two weeks. I think it might be the same for Scapeliving but I am not entirely sure - check their website.

I suggest that you reserve a room as soon as possible, as their rooms sell very fast. If within two weeks.. (or actually lets say 10 - 12days, just to be safe), you haven't heard anything about your results, just call Unite to cancel.

Do you have any idea as to when you should expect to receive your results? Or no?

Yeah my results will come out on 14th of August and I am interesting at Space as it is very close to qmul. Is Space is within 2 weeks as well for get deposite back?

Are you living at Space? And are you first year student? Thanks for your help :smile:
Students on campus at Queen Mary, University of London
Queen Mary, University Of London
London
Reply 21
Original post by psd96
Yeah my results will come out on 14th of August and I am interesting at Space as it is very close to qmul. Is Space is within 2 weeks as well for get deposite back?

Are you living at Space? And are you first year student? Thanks for your help :smile:

I am not sure about Scape actually (might be the same but call them and ask).

If it the same, since your results comes on the 14th, just don't bother booking right now - its too far. Call them: +44(0)20 7952 2850 or Email [email protected] to confirm

But ya, no problem at all. I am a Postgrad student at QMUL. I will be living at Pacific Court (UniteStudents).. I am an International Student also, so I am excited but nervous at the same time to go to London in September-- get excited also:smile:

I wish you goodluck in your search and I hope you get a great mark on your A-Level:smile: --- I'll still say "See you at QMUL" because I am rooting for you to pass and get accepted..

Heading to bed now though. You can send a message here and tell me how everything goes with your search if you wish or need help with accommodation!

Have a great night (or great day, depending on where you live)... Take care :smile:
(edited 9 years ago)
I also got wait listed today - anyone else applying to claredale?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 23
Original post by arguendo

Posted from TSR Mobile

What is claredale?
Original post by psd96
What is claredale?

Claredale house - it's a private halls suggested as alternative accommodation by QMUL.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 25
Original post by psd96
I am an international student and I am a waitilist as well. When did you applied for accommodation? :smile:

Applied on the same day I accepted my offer, 10th of July. What about you? :smile:
Original post by soyki
When did you apply to the accommodation? Mine was 30th of June :/

I can't remember, sometime within 2 weeks of it opening.
Reply 27
Original post by ABF3
Applied on the same day I accepted my offer, 10th of July. What about you? :smile:

About early June but still... :frown:
I am Electronic and Electrical Engineering. Are you first year student?
Reply 28
Original post by psd96
About early June but still... :frown:
I am Electronic and Electrical Engineering. Are you first year student?

Yep. First year! QMUL sent me information about Stratford One yesterday and gave me a promotional code for it. Think I might just take up that. What about you?
I'm an international student and I didn't get accommodation, either (QMUL was my insurance).

I really don't know what to do now and I really don't want to take a gap year as I've already had two.

It seems like living outside campus is so much more expensive and you get way less for your money :frown:

I'd hate having to commute to uni every day..

Anyone stuck in the same boat? Want to find a place together? My budget is around 500-600 per month I guess.
Original post by Alexandwhich
I'm an international student and I didn't get accommodation, either (QMUL was my insurance).

I really don't know what to do now and I really don't want to take a gap year as I've already had two.

It seems like living outside campus is so much more expensive and you get way less for your money :frown:

I'd hate having to commute to uni every day..

Anyone stuck in the same boat? Want to find a place together? My budget is around 500-600 per month I guess.

Don't panic too much! I got a great giant room in a flat share only 10 mins walk from the uni. It's 550 per month so not that bad in comparison to QM accommodation. I found it just using the QM accommodation group on Facebook, it's nothing to take a gap year for! :smile:
Reply 31
Original post by i-love-coffee
Don't panic too much! I got a great giant room in a flat share only 10 mins walk from the uni. It's 550 per month so not that bad in comparison to QM accommodation. I found it just using the QM accommodation group on Facebook, it's nothing to take a gap year for! :smile:

Is it possible for you to send me a link website of accommodation that you mention. Also are you first year student at QMUL? Thank you :smile:
Original post by psd96
Is it possible for you to send me a link website of accommodation that you mention. Also are you first year student at QMUL? Thank you :smile:

Yeah I'm going to be a first year, but I live just outside London so I didn't think I'd get accepted for halls. I found a flatshare instead because there was no way I was living at home! It turned out I did get accepted for halls, but I rejected it because I'd already signed for the flatshare! :-)

The page is here: https://www.facebook.com/groups/121491351282473/?fref=ts

It's good cause it means you can share with other QM students :smile:
Reply 33
Yeah I'm going to be a first year, but I live just outside London so I didn't think I'd get accepted for halls. I found a flatshare instead because there was no way I was living at home! It turned out I did get accepted for halls, but I rejected it because I'd already signed for the flatshare! :-)

The page is here: https://www.facebook.com/groups/121491351282473/?fref=ts

It's good cause it means you can share with other QM students :smile:

I see. That mean you are British person right? Thank you for that! I'm a waiting list for accommodation at the moment and waiting for Alevel result which come up next week. Which course will you study at QMUL? Also are you man or woman?
Original post by psd96
I see. That mean you are British person right? Thank you for that! I'm a waiting list for accommodation at the moment and waiting for Alevel result which come up next week. Which course will you study at QMUL? Also are you man or woman?

Yeah i'm British. I'm studying Politics. A woman haha.. why?
Reply 35
Yeah i'm British. I'm studying Politics. A woman haha.. why?

No, just asked as I prefer to share a flat with woman than men :smile: nice to meet you by the way!
Reply 36

Posted from TSR Mobile

I was interested in applying only to be told that I'll be on the waiting list as there are no more rooms available.
Original post by DiVin
I was interested in applying only to be told that I'll be on the waiting list as there are no more rooms available.

At claredale? I guess I got really lucky then and must have got one of the last rooms :s

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 38
At claredale? I guess I got really lucky then and must have got one of the last rooms :s

Posted from TSR Mobile

Lucky is an understatement :smile: - my concern in finding accommodation really comes down to the finances which are very limited. But Claredale seems like a very nice place I hope you enjoy your time there.
Original post by DiVin
Lucky is an understatement :smile: - my concern in finding accommodation really comes down to the finances which are very limited. But Claredale seems like a very nice place I hope you enjoy your time there.

Completely understand, I was the same - I can't afford any other private halls! Was Cass full too?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending