The Student Room Group
University of Birmingham
University of Birmingham
Birmingham

University of Birmingham 2014 Applicants

Scroll to see replies

Btw anyone know how many people per flat?

Posted from TSR Mobile
University of Birmingham
University of Birmingham
Birmingham
Original post by ItsJustMe17
Btw anyone know how many people per flat?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Depends on where you are. I'm in Mason and it's flats of 6 but apparently some other halls have corridor layouts or bigger flats.
ahhh finally all sorted, got my law offer woo. now need to sort out freshers plans. totally confused as to which to buy and what site to buy it from exactly? ps would i be right in guessing most people will be going to freshers not knowing anyone...
Original post by GabrieleR
hey I'm in ashcroft too, block 1, how do you know if you've gotten a single or mixed sex flat?

Hey and it says on the 'Flat Gender' bit :smile:

Yeah their flats are quite nice actually. Don't mind mason either as it's quite new, just pricey lol. Hopefully the girls are all nice lol.
Posted from TSR Mobile

Aha yeah same and Mason costs a fortune - I wouldn't be able to afford it!

Btw has everybody registered as a student? I haven't done it yet, when do we need to do it by? I'll try and do it tomorrow if I'm not too hungover... :tongue:
Original post by nemi022
ahhh finally all sorted, got my law offer woo. now need to sort out freshers plans. totally confused as to which to buy and at site to buy it from exactly? ps would i be right in guessing most people will be going to freshers not knowing anyone...

Hi, I'm going through adjustment from Eng.Lit and german to Law and German so probably this time tomorrow I will also be doing law. :smile: I was just going to go through the Guild of Students website as it's probably the most legit
Original post by corax

Aha yeah same and Mason costs a fortune - I wouldn't be able to afford it!

Btw has everybody registered as a student? I haven't done it yet, when do we need to do it by? I'll try and do it tomorrow if I'm not too hungover... :tongue:

I haven't registered yet either :P also when to buy freshers tickets and whatnot? Like I'm so confused

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by bushome54
Depends on where you are. I'm in Mason and it's flats of 6 but apparently some other halls have corridor layouts or bigger flats.

I'm in Mason too, sounds good.

Posted from TSR Mobile
I haven't registered yet either :P also when to buy freshers tickets and whatnot? Like I'm so confused

Posted from TSR Mobile

I'm going to buy mine tomorrow maybe.. I don't want them to sell out and end up with nothing :frown: I hate how we have to pay a pre-payment to secure our room :/
I got offered tennis court (not ensuite) which was my 3rd choice. I got a single sex flat as well which is a bit annoying but it seems quite a few people are in the same situation. I got in though so can't complain really!
Anyone else in TC08-47?
Original post by corax
I got mine about an hour ago :smile:

Oh ay! :tongue: and woo, that's great! What was your offer? :biggrin:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Unconditional but I was aiming for AAB. Happy days, we're uni students :smile:
Reply 1770
Original post by corax

Aha yeah same and Masonhow costs a fortune - I wouldn't be able to afford it!

How do you register as a student?
Iv got a congratulations email and then nothing after that...
Original post by M-Dog
How do you register as a student?
Iv got a congratulations email and then nothing after that...

You'll get an email asking you to do so :smile: You'll also get one about accommodation.

Original post by SamTheMan95
Unconditional but I was aiming for AAB. Happy days, we're uni students

Fab :smile: and true!
(edited 9 years ago)
Original post by bushome54
Hi, I'm going through adjustment from Eng.Lit and german to Law and German so probably this time tomorrow I will also be doing law. :smile: I was just going to go through the Guild of Students website as it's probably the most legit

Ah right thanks I'll have a look at the site and hopefully get eveything sorted by next week , and woo hi fellow law person 😊
Reply 1773
Original post by corax
You'll get an email asking you to do so :smile: You'll also get one about accommodation.

Fab :smile: and true!

Why does everyone get it at different times? My track updated at 7.40ish with a uob offer... It's been a while
Original post by corax
I'm going to buy mine tomorrow maybe.. I don't want them to sell out and end up with nothing :frown: I hate how we have to pay a pre-payment to secure our room :/

Yeah I dont know when ill buy it yet, want to do some research i think first LOL. Ikr! Do we have to pay it in full upfront? or can we pay it in instalments?
Yeah I dont know when ill buy it yet, want to do some research i think first LOL. Ikr! Do we have to pay it in full upfront? or can we pay it in instalments?

Idk :/ I haven't looked at the payment bit yet. It'd be better in instalments.

Original post by M-Dog
Why does everyone get it at different times? My track updated at 7.40ish with a uob offer... It's been a while

No idea, I suppose there's a lot of students to get through

Posted from TSR Mobile
Anybody doing Political Science at UoB? So nervous as I don't know anybody!
Yay 😊, no I haven't yet, Birmingham was my insurance choice so i had to apply for it yesterday 😖 where did you get?
Reply 1778
Original post by AvaLouise
Anybody doing Political Science at UoB? So nervous as I don't know anybody!

Original post by GabrieleR
I am! IR with political science :smile: have you gotten your accommodation yet?

I am doing Policy, Politics and Economics at uob. I will be joining you for the core Politics modules :wink:
Anyone doing economics this year?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending