The Student Room Group

This discussion is now closed.

Check out other Related discussions

Mental Health Support Society Mk XIV

Scroll to see replies

decided I am just gonna flat out ask my GP for a change of meds or to stop them altogether, they aren't helping my mood anymore at all and looking up the side effects online I am now just convinced they are actually just making me other things worse (my vision/balance/vertigo/headaches, all can be ****ing side effects of it so wtf)

I guess all meds will be similar or something but seriously this is just useless, been on max dose of Venlafaxine for nearly two years now and I am pretty sure my mood improving for a while had nothing to do with it now, so just need to stop with them.

found my diazepam as well so gonna take one of them later, my girlfriends brother is visiting and am basically ****ting myself that he won't like me or something :/

also my GP said I could take them everyday and I basically only take them when I am really anxious about something, maybe if I just ask him if I can take them more often and just stop the Venlafaxine? I don't think meds are gonna solve my depression if they all do the same thing as the ones I've had and that anyway.

need to call LIFT as well for my therapy with them, hoping to get that and also my social worker is gonna see about me getting therapy through them which would be someone who would do home visits (which helps cause with my anxiety going out all the way to the hospital they work at would be a nightmare as is like 3 buses!) and they work with people with aspbergers so hopefully would like understand that as well, kinda hoping the two combined might help me anyway.

don't really know why I chose to write this at 6am but hey-ho :/
today sucks :sad:
Original post by Odd socks

Join the club, at least you've had relationships :/ guys put up with me for about 3 weeks before they get fed up and dump me

Posted from TSR Mobile

Socks you will find someone who doesn't get fed up :hugs:

Original post by Star-girl
Each to their own. :tongue:

Haha, I think part of it is just what you are used to. My parents have sugar and milk in their tea so I always have.
Original post by Team_McDreamy

Whats up? :frown:

I'm so annoying, I have to go out for 3 which is in 5 and a half hours and i'm still stressing that i'm going to be late. I don't even need to think of getting ready or anything for at least another couple of hours and i'm just stressing.

I hate my mind sometimes.
Original post by samba
Good evening that was, cheers guys :smile:

Indeed! :biggrin:

Original post by WelshBluebird

Haha, I think part of it is just what you are used to. My parents have sugar and milk in their tea so I always have.

That's true. Mine do as well, though. I used to when I was a kid and then I suddenly disliked it one day.

:hugs: What's up?
I feel like doing something useful today! This is a rare feeling that comes in fleeting glimpses. :ahee:
Reply 527
Indeed! :biggrin:

That's true. Mine do as well, though. I used to when I was a kid and then I suddenly disliked it one day.

Haha you managed to be up too! Good job.
Blergh
Original post by samba
Haha you managed to be up too! Good job.

You too! I am used to getting by on very little sleep (not necessarily well though). :tongue:

We outlasted everyone else and got up the earliest. :colone:

Original post by lauraaaaa
Blergh

:hugs: How are you feeling?
Original post by SweetNothing
Whats up? :frown:

:hugs: What's up?

just tired of waiting for the day where i don't wake up and automatically feel crappy tbh. days like today make me wonder whether i'll ever be happy again.
You too! I am used to getting by on very little sleep (not necessarily well though). :tongue:

We outlasted everyone else and got up the earliest. :colone:

:hugs: How are you feeling?

Even worse, got a *******ing from my parents for coming home alone even though I was stone cold sober and rang for a taxi so I knew it was legit :frown:
just tired of waiting for the day where i don't wake up and automatically feel crappy tbh. days like today make me wonder whether i'll ever be happy again.

When you wake up feeling crappy, try and do something small that is useful or enjoyable. Also write down 5 things that you are grateful for. Over time it helps to make you think more positively.

Original post by lauraaaaa
Even worse, got a *******ing from my parents for coming home alone even though I was stone cold sober and rang for a taxi so I knew it was legit :frown:

Aww. :jumphug:
There is a MOOC that I would recommend you guys. It has been helping me to think more positively and understand my emotions better:

https://www.openlearning.com/courses/Success
Original post by Jean-Luc Picard
just trying to offer some supportive words and stuff is all :smile: I know it helps me to have people reassure me and stuff!

:hugs: thanks :smile:
thank God, my meds for my social anxiety are working cos I had no idea what I'd do come uni, all those classes full of people, my commitment to societies, the library, I don't know how I'd cope!

But I alo have my psychosis at hand. Still can hear voices, don't know how it'll effect me at uni yet.

does anyone else suffer from psychosis?
When you wake up feeling crappy, try and do something small that is useful or enjoyable. Also write down 5 things that you are grateful for. Over time it helps to make you think more positively.

i already write a list of positive things about the day before i go to bed :smile: tbh most of the time its hard to get out of bed when i feel like this so i suppose i have accomplished something by being up and dressed
i already write a list of positive things about the day before i go to bed :smile: tbh most of the time its hard to get out of bed when i feel like this so i suppose i have accomplished something by being up and dressed

OK. :smile: Exactly! You have beaten the feelings and gotten up. :biggrin:
Hey how is everyone? I'm currently on a section 3 in hospital so it's going well :P Best advice I've been given so far is before doing anything to yourself draw up a pros and cons list and be honest with yourself when you write it, I've been finding it kinda helpful so far :smile:
I am thinking of admitting myself in if I get really bad again

Posted from TSR Mobile

Latest