The Student Room Group

This discussion is now closed.

Check out other Related discussions

Mental Health Support Society Mk XIV

Scroll to see replies

Original post by TheWorldEndsWithMe
Haven't been in the MHSS for a while and y'all started a new thread!

Going to my Cambridge doctor right mow to see if I can get a letter that I can include with ny appeal against the decision they made about my mitigating circumstances. Got a letter from my GP back in NI but the uni doctors seem to be taken more seriously by the mitigation panel or something. So I'm literally just going in to say 'is there anything you can write that will strengthen my case?' :/

Spoiler

Still haven't replied to my friend after last night. I don't like confrontation but I feel like an awful person if I just ignore her :/

And on top of that my mums been texting me asking about when my exam is and what time it starts and I didn't manage to tell her I'm not going to it, so now at the time when it should have finished she'll text or worse call to ask how it went and I'll have to lie and act like I went to it :cry:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Odd socks
Can't believe they're charging me £30 to get a letter for mitigating circumstances :/

Posted from TSR Mobile

That is disgusting. Got so mad when I read this. How can they be so utterly heartless! :mob: :shakecane:

You'd think they would be happy to just help you... but no. :colonhash:
Original post by furryface12
Ahh :frown: Seems strange that there was nothing in them then... Is the other doctor still there/might you be able to see them instead sometime before it's too late?

Posted from TSR Mobile

I know :frown: The other doctor left so I have no joy there :frown: I have a note from my GP in Belfast though so hopefully that will be enough. He's left a note saying that if further clarification was required they are free to request information from him, so fingers crossed.

Original post by Star-girl

Spoiler

I'm so sorry about that :frown: I'm hoping that because I'm providing proof of treatment this time that it will be enough.
Reply 684

I had a good sleep for the first time in 10 days! :woo: I feel so much better now. :^_^: I got up and ate breakfast. :biggrin:

Had literally the worst night ever :sad: Went to bed about 9pm feeling crappy and down, sent a delirious text at 3am so I know I was awake, then fitful lying in bed till 5am. Got up, had a shower and coffee, decided to try to sleep again for a bit. Just managed to close my eyes and the phone went, then the cat annoyed me till about 10 when I got up feeling far from rested :/

I'm so sorry about that :frown: I'm hoping that because I'm providing proof of treatment this time that it will be enough.

Good luck with your appeal. :hugs:

Spoiler

Original post by samba
Had literally the worst night ever :sad: Went to bed about 9pm feeling crappy and down, sent a delirious text at 3am so I know I was awake, then fitful lying in bed till 5am. Got up, had a shower and coffee, decided to try to sleep again for a bit. Just managed to close my eyes and the phone went, then the cat annoyed me till about 10 when I got up feeling far from rested :/

Awww man that sucks. :frown: I hope you can get some rest today. :hugs:
Reply 687
He wasn't able to give me anything :frown: there was nothing in my notes there about depression (even though me and the other doctor discussed it at length) so there was nothing he could do :frown:

Let me know :smile: I'll be around the ARU end of town until 6ish (gotta get a train then). Would be nice to hang out if we're feeling up to it. Don't worry about it if you're not feeling particularly social :smile:

Will do :smile: Currently feeling a bit crappy (see above), but could potentially do an early dinner/something and give you a lift to the train station. Right now I'm not feeling it though :p:
Reply 688
Awww man that sucks. :frown: I hope you can get some rest today. :hugs:

Not to worry, I'm used to lack of sleep :h:
Original post by samba
Not to worry, I'm used to lack of sleep :h:

:console:
New specks. :gasp: I can seeeeee again... :woo:
Original post by samba

Spoiler

Reply 692

Spoiler

Spoiler

Original post by samba
Will do :smile: Currently feeling a bit crappy (see above), but could potentially do an early dinner/something and give you a lift to the train station. Right now I'm not feeling it though :p:

I've actually bumped into a couple of friebds and we're hanging out. You're welcome to join us later if you feel up to it, but at least I'm not alone any more. :smile:
I hope you feel better really soon.

Appeal couldn't be processed today but I've been given an email to talk to an appeals advisor, so that's okay.
(edited 9 years ago)
Reply 694
I've actually bumped into a couple of friebds and we're hanging out. You're welcome to join us later if you feel up to it, but at least I'm not alone any more. :smile:
I hope you feel better really soon.

Appeal couldn't be processed today but I've been given an email to talk to an appeals advisor, so that's okay.

Ah that makes me feel less guilty then :biggrin:

Good luck with the appeal!
Original post by samba

Spoiler

Spoiler

I know :frown: The other doctor left so I have no joy there :frown: I have a note from my GP in Belfast though so hopefully that will be enough. He's left a note saying that if further clarification was required they are free to request information from him, so fingers crossed.

Hopefully that'll be enough then, so at least you have something even if it's not as good as you were hoping :s-smilie: Good luck! :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Dont feel sad as such, just so empty it hurts. :sad: Bit weird. :erm: Does anyone else get that? :frown:
Original post by samba

:hugs: it'll get better. I know it.
Hi everyone *waves* - I'm hoping no one minds me randomnly intruding but I was looking for a forum about mental health and university so hopefully have come to the right place!

I'm Kim, 23, and starting at uni this September (eek!). I've been diagnosed with GAD, OCD, specific phobia (emetophobia), trichotillomania and in the past have suffered from SH (now 10 weeks in recovery!) and depression.

I'm INCREDIBLY anxious about moving for uni. I'm moving in with my boyfriend, thankfully we're only moving just over an hour away from where I've always lived, but my GAD and OCD has meant I've been incredibly debilitated at times.

I just wondered if anyone had any tips for me starting uni, perhaps if anyone fancied a natter as well who's in a similar position? I'm really keen to give myself a good start for September so happy to have a chat with anyone who fancies it.

Thanks and again, apologies if this isn't the right thing to post! x

Latest