Scroll to see replies

Reply 1000
jar curry :sick:
Original post by samba

I agree. Bleurgh :yucky:
Original post by samba

i'll admit i do use jar curry, cos i'm lazy...
Reply 1003
Original post by .snowflake.
i'll admit i do use jar curry, cos i'm lazy...

I just don't eat it unless I can go out somewhere and get a proper one!
Reply 1004
Original post by samba
spoilered for sucky brevity and inadequate response :p:

Spoiler

Thank you :hugs:. Not an inadequate response at all - I need all the hugs I can get!

Original post by Jean-Luc Picard
okay so chatted with my mum, she convinced me to give the Access course a try cause apparently the college have really good learning support (she used to work there) so gonna sort out another interview with them for that. it's the easiest one to get to travel wise & if I get support I think I can just about cope with that, just gotta try to stay positive about stuff and remember that I will get support this time. also called student finance to check I can still get funding for a degree and they said I should still have 3 years funding as I only technically completed 1 full year of Uni in the past, though I can get more funding years if I get a note from my GP about the times I had to drop out so that's okay as well.

feel a lot more relaxed about it all now I think after talking it over with my mum.

Sounds good :top:!

Original post by lauraaaaa

Spoiler

hope you’re doing okay :smile:

Please don't be hard on yourself :jumphug:.
It was pissing it down here after my psychiatrist appointment and I was waiting for the bus getting soaked in just shorts and tshirt. Then some guy comes up and offered to share his umbrella. We even had a nice conversation. Made me happy that I don't look so weird as to scare people off and reminded me that some people are just plain nice. :biggrin:

Wife wants to go to a bar tonight to meet with people from her course. Incredibly nervous. It went well last time, I actually spoke to one guy for over an hour it was amazing but I still worry like **** beforehand. Still, I'm never gonna get better at social interaction unless I throw myself in, however scary it is.
Original post by iloveteddy14
It doesn't matter how low I feel every day my mum just dismisses it as short depression. How can it be short term depression when you have had it for three years

I am in a low state of mind at the moment I don't flipping care about job seeking for gods sake it's the last of worries, stop assuming that it's only reason I am depressed for gods sake. I have lost every thing, I have to face having no job, coming out of Uni and no friends. I don't choose to think about these things they are there 24/7. I never have days break from it

Anyway once I have got a job I will still be depressed nothing cheers some1 up whose empty.
Posted from TSR Mobile

Sometimes parents don't want to face facts and admit that there's anything wrong with their kid, often because they care about you so much. Have you spoken to your GP? If you're severely depressed then a job might not be helpful, but you could apply for benefits whilst you concentrate on feeling better.
Reply 1007
Original post by superwolf
:hugs: I think you need to talk to your uni, make sure they know your situation and can help you with whatever you decide to do. You might be able to study part-time, with extra support, or it might be that deferring is the right thing for you to do at the moment.

Whatever you do try not to be so harsh on yourself, there are so many awesome things about you and I know that you'll do us all proud. :h:

I've decided I'm going to email them this weekend but I'm not sure if deferring is even an option and, if it is, how I'll tell my family about it. I never really loved my secondary work experience, especially compared to primary. I think I could do it and be ok doing it but I don't think it is for me. My plan would be to defer and get experience in the other stuff I'm interested in, then either stick with my course or withdraw and reapply to other stuff.

I think I'll also go to my old uni and speak to a careers advisor there.

If I can't defer, I don't know what to do :erm:.

I've thought about it all so much that I feel panicky and nervous. I just don't want to let my family down. Although I'm an indecisive person, I usually have a plan and it's freaking me out that I don't know what I'm doing.

I'm sorry for the length. Thank you for replying :hugs:. How are you doing?
(edited 9 years ago)
Original post by samba

The ptacks paste is actually really nice, i do love proper indian food but i cant make it myself unfortunately

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by purple-duck
I guess your boyfriend could be right there :redface: Though up to you if you come clean or not :s-smilie: :smile: I'd hope your dad would understand why you'd lie though? Even if it might upset him a small bit. (maybe)
*passes Porridge some steps* or I wish I could :frown: Hope you get out soon, being stuck isn't fun :s-smilie: Shouldn't blame yourself! you're ill - and meds sound kinda scary - though I think they could help you possibly, too :smile:

Ah okay - haha :redface: Fair enough :colondollar: :biggrin:

Yeah exactly :s-smilie: Definitely need motivation, and mine seems to come and go a lot/generally be low :s-smilie: Don't be sorry! You're right though :redface: If I get a routine then generally that can help, but then also takes effort to keep a routine together/it always seems to fall apart eventually.

Yeah, we had that for our halls :smile: This year we have our own house, so I think people can stay whenever - but yeah I think most halls/most Uni's do that. Not at all! I'm at Warwick :redface:
I hope you make a decision okay :redface: No problem at all! It's nice to chat :smile: Haven't been too personal :nah: and that's okay! :eek: :hugs:

Haha :colondollar: I need to install it on my laptop (well, sims 1) :biggrin:

:hi: Not great :s-smilie: :frown:
How are you? :dance: :smile: Haven't seen you around in a while :redface:

:jumphug: :hugs: Around if you need a chat, though I'm sorry if I fall asleep, too :redface: (Quite tired :colondollar:)

Haha :colondollar: Oh I'm sorry :frown: A citroen C1? Parents', but they put me on insurance occasionally :redface: Oh great! :biggrin: Glad it was all simple-ish/do-able :smile: Oh please don't worry :console: Anything in particular or just generally everything? :colondollar:

Yeah I think the whole system's sort of stupid :s-smilie: I mean if a family has 4 children, but earns 60k (10k per family member) then one of them going off to Uni gets substantially less than a family with 1 kid, on 45k (15k per member) Maybe that's a bad example/thing, but just seems odd the way it works out. Though at the same time I think it's really important that people from low income families get enough support - it's just that everyone else should, too :redface:
That's good :smile: I was shocked with warwick for the annual price difference for accommodation - the cheapest is 2400, most expensive almost 6 grand! :eek: (30 week and 39 week let respectively, but still)

:lol: Haha, I might well ask for help on here next term or something :colondollar: :tongue: My auntie cooked some chilli, so had that instead - pasta bol bake survived for another day :tongue: oo have fun! :teeth:

:lol: I was just scared writing mine - I still haven't really got a proper signature sorted - just write down my name/make it more swirly currently :tongue:
Oh I'm sorry :frown: What happened?

Well done :hugs:

Yay :h: :biggrin:

Haha :colondollar: Take a look out for them next time you go :biggrin: try and convince them you're stealing 2l bottles of coke :teehee:

That's weird :confused: Oh, fair enough :colondollar: Glad it's calmed down - if it does get worse then do stay safe/maybe try and see a GP there :redface: :hugs:

I think they'll probably be nice :s-smilie: Just scary/they'll judge me because I'm a sad student stuck in his messy room on the computer :sad:

I really hope you have a great time :smile:

Spoiler

:sad: Yeah I suppose there is that - though I often end up (possibly like you :tongue:) ignoring the movie as I happily computer/do whatever else at home, then look up and get so confused/have to rewind :tongue: or constantly pause it while I do something :colondollar:

Yays :biggrin:

You can do it! :redface: But do keep us up to date with things - and of course carry on posting/whatever you like :biggrin:

:teehee: May have chuckled a bit at this :colondollar: Am I allowed to use this to feel better about my first date? That even if it didn't work out at all in the end (:sad:) - at least I didn't headbutt a lamp post get a nosebleed :tongue: :lol:

Okey :redface: Just keep it in mind maybe :redface: Do feel free to post here whenever/whatever though, of course! :biggrin: :smile:

:sad: I'm afraid I don't know enough to suggest much else then :s-smilie: But I'm sorry it didn't work well for you :/ :console: Could you see your school counsellor to talk about things without CAMHS? or did they sort of pass you on to CAMHS? :dontknow:

I don't suffer from panic attacks, but just thought I'd say that I'm really sorry you've had a bad one recently/still bleh-ing with it :s-smilie: :hugs:
You haven't lost all that progress at all - I'm sure you've still learnt techniques/stuff to help along the way - and it's not as if you've forgotten that stuff - this is just a hiccup/and beyond your control? :redface: :hugs:

I hope that that makes sense :s-smilie: You've still (from the sounds of things/your previous posts) made a big move forward with your panic attacks/depression from where they had been!

Oh wow! ages then :eek: I only really started like last May (2013) properly, though also a bit on an app before then/since 2011 maybe :colondollar: Not much at all though :tongue:

:lol: :smile: :hugs:
Have you had resits/exams yet? or they coming soon? Hope it all goes well/that you're alright!

Hi there :redface:
I think it's difficult sometimes because can often feel lonely even if you have friends closeby (at least I've sometimes found that :s-smilie:) - are you carrying on with school/college next year - with this same new-ish group of friends? I think that sometimes a) people can be stupid/forgetful/unthoughtful when organising things, particularly if you're new to a group? and b) people are rubbish at responding to things sometimes :colondollar: I realise that that maybe doesn't help :s-smilie: but depending on the situation/stuff.
I think I saw in your reply to TLG that you do some music things? Do you think you'd enjoy singing in a choir/joining some sort of music group at your college? :smile:

That's really sweet of you :redface: They're lucky to have such a nice and kind sis! :yes:
I'm sorry you're not having a good evening :s-smilie: Sending hugs :hugs:

:hugs:

:frown: :jumphug: :hugs:

:lol: That is so awesome! :tongue: I know my friend sometimes farmed/fished for her Dad :tongue: I think she enjoyed it, but still found it amusing :colondollar: We converted her to lotro though :colone: :biggrin: (:horse:)

I told my dad. He was disappointed but just told me to take them, in a nice way. He didn't get angry at all, just disappointed. Thank you so much. :smile: Your steps and some good news I got today is helping me out of the hole. I'm still in it but i see light!

Next year I'm.... Moving in with my boyfriend!!! :biggrin: I'm the type of person that has very low hopes with things but I have hope. :biggrin: I truly have hope. :biggrin: We went out looking at sofas today, it was so fun.
He and our friend will both be in 2nd year next year and we're all going to get a house/flat together. :biggrin: And friends he meets at uni possibly. I'm just so excited, we thought it'd be 4 years till we move in together, but no! next year. I've never been so excited.
We're all chipping in with bills and things we need to buy like furniture. I feel so happy. Earlier I was feeling very rubbish, but now I'm like super excited. My dad is happy for me. Finally good things are happening. :biggrin:

I'm defiantly taking my meds tomorrow, I told my boyfriend and dad I would. I really will take them. I'm scared, thats all. I'm in the same situation, if i get a routine I'm ok, but its hard to keep up with it. And if i break my routine its hard to get it back. I hope you are feeling good today and everyday. :smile:

That's lovely. :smile: I was looking at Warwick when I was going to go to uni, but I've decided for now I don't want to go, but maybe down the road I may change my mind. It looks like a lovely uni. :smile: Thank you. :smile: I like chatting with you. :smile: :hugs:

Cool. :biggrin: Have you seen the sims 4 trailer? It looks so cool. But its soo expensive. :frown: I got sims 3 when it was on sale on steam. I do like the look of sims 4, but the price. :frown: I get addicted to sims and then I want all the expansion packs. :frown: Lol. :tongue:

What are you up to? :smile:
Feeling really **** but momma poncho has saved the day buy paying for dominos to be sent to my flat and ill pay her back :smile:
Gotta see the dr on wednesday, not sure if asking for an antidepressant being added back into the mix would be worth a shot or not :dontknow:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by luno

Sounds good :top:!

thanks :smile: hope you are doing okay? I think I saw you did a long post earlier but I haven't read it yet :hugs:
I have true for the past few years to get help for my depression been to see shrink various times, awaiting for counselling and been on on meds, followed the usual advice (eat right exercise, distract) but it doesn't help wit the issues I am facing the sad low depressed mood it just masks the feeling. I have a voluntary job and after a while I hate it. I am trying my best to get a job but it's making me unwell with the stress of it but if I don't then it's catch 22. I have tried to talking to my parents on how and they are like it's normal to feel like this when your unemployed it will go away. I have been trying to get jobs for three years for gods sake. I can't take this anymore in a low place. Knn

Posted from TSR Mobile
My mum got my letter. She says she's not disappointed and doesn't seem angry. I'm so relieved I've started crying :colondollar:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Odd socks
My mum got my letter. She says she's not disappointed and doesn't seem angry. I'm so relieved I've started crying :colondollar:

Posted from TSR Mobile

That's awesome. So glad to hear it went well for you. :smile:

Original post by PandaWho
Feeling really **** but momma poncho has saved the day buy paying for dominos to be sent to my flat and ill pay her back :smile:
Gotta see the dr on wednesday, not sure if asking for an antidepressant being added back into the mix would be worth a shot or not :dontknow:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Yay pizza!

If quetiapine isn't helping your depression then it's probably a good idea to ask for an antidepressant alongside it.
Listening to Disney songs. Its been a good day. :smile:
Original post by Sabertooth
That's awesome. So glad to hear it went well for you. :smile:

Yay pizza!

If quetiapine isn't helping your depression then it's probably a good idea to ask for an antidepressant alongside it.

Pizza is good :smile:

And nope it doesnt seem to be helping at all, but its helped the paranoia side :yep:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Odd socks

Posted from TSR Mobile

Seee! Glad its all ok hun :jumphug:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Man, I need to pack enough gear to take for resits - train tomorrow - just started getting stuff together, got a lot of stuff but still got to pack it and eliminate any **** I can do without or buy when I get up there. And I haven't even had a confirmation that I have a room booked yet. Craziness. Anyone want to join me and help me out? I also want to fall asleep but have to get up at a reasonable time tomorrow to make the train too.

I do have some good news if people read this though, if I can remember it all.
Original post by PandaWho
Pizza is good :smile:

And nope it doesnt seem to be helping at all, but its helped the paranoia side :yep:

Posted from TSR Mobile

It's not actually licensed to treat depression on its own but rather is recommended as an adjunctive treatment alongside an antidepressant. Glad to hear it's helped your paranoia.

Latest