The Student Room Group

The Everton FC Thread

Scroll to see replies

Original post by samir12
Winning EL qualifies you to CL now so Martinez may have that in mind.

Good point, I guess we'll see what team Martinez picks for the first EL game. I still think youth will be used though, as we've got a fair batch of young lads who are ready to try and make the step up I think.
Original post by davetripper
Good point, I guess we'll see what team Martinez picks for the first EL game. I still think youth will be used though, as we've got a fair batch of young lads who are ready to try and make the step up I think.

He probably will use youth for the early EL games. Against stronger opposition he'll field stronger sides. Teams in the competition will start taking the EL seriously now so fielding youth all the time won't be so wise. Will be interesting how Martinez will balance between EL and top 4 considering they both qualify you for CL.
(edited 9 years ago)
Atsu has signed on loan till end of the season.
Eto'o coming, happy with that tbh, still need a proven bpl cb in their 20's, jags and sylvain just getting too old to consistently play well, otherwize stones needs to start at cb
Eto'o to Everton? Lukaku would be well pleased with that (not)
Eto'o signed. Two year deal. Decent.
Get a cb and that's us done.
Original post by Roberto's dream
Get a cb and that's us done.

Not a necessity, really. Throw Stones and Duffy in the side.
Chelsea game was mad wasn't it?
Original post by Stylo92
Chelsea game was mad wasn't it?

Yep, alas we came out on the losing side. I'm surprised a defender wasn't sought today, this is probably Distin's final season or last where he is 1st choice.
Glad Howard wasn't sent off for handling outside & once Eto scored he was given the ball to put back for restart. Can we start outscoring other teams to win?!
Original post by rad_student
Yep, alas we came out on the losing side. I'm surprised a defender wasn't sought today, this is probably Distin's final season or last where he is 1st choice.
Glad Howard wasn't sent off for handling outside & once Eto scored he was given the ball to put back for restart. Can we start outscoring other teams to win?!

Couple things of note:

Ref was shocking, for both sides. Howard and Costa both should have walked.

Jagielka and Distin put in one of the worst CB performances I have ever seen live. I might have liked another CB coming in but we have Stones, Alcaraz (hmm) and Browning so I'm not overly fussed.

Howard was pants as well.

But we weren't outplayed, in fact we bettered most of their stats. On another day that would have been a comfortable win imo, just a shame about the diabolical defending.
Original post by Stylo92

But we weren't outplayed, in fact we bettered most of their stats. On another day that would have been a comfortable win imo, just a shame about the diabolical defending.

The defending's been quite bad recently :tongue:
Original post by IdeasForLife
The defending's been quite bad recently :tongue:

You're being kind there.
Original post by Stylo92
You're being kind there.

Ikr, 10 goals in 3 games :lol:
Without this horrible defending, we can beat anyone, I mean seriously our attack is just boss, frightening going forward but big mistake not getting a cb, bobby will regret that, jags and distin just aren't good enough anymore for us, jags shouldn't even be captain tbh, stones has to come in for wba
You guys had a lucky escape with regards to Rolando. Towards the end of that transfer window a possible €10m bid was being thrown around from you lot! Not only is that a very generous price for him as he's probably not even worth half that, he would have only added to your defensive crisis rather than fixed it! You're lucky this one never escalated into a deal being complete. I personally would have loved him to leave our club though, instead he is training with our "B" team, the poor guy.
In a meeting today, on marketing, and someone talked about Z cards, cards folded in a certain way. An older person thought the person had said Z Cars, so a discussion about this 60s tv programme took place. Younger members of the meeting looked blank, until I told them the theme tune was the music Everton come out to on matchday.
I don't understand the slating Distin that's going on. Jagielka has been torrid, but I feel Distin gets thrown in with him because they've always been a pair in our minds. I think Stones in for Jags and we should be alright, I still wouldn't trust Alcaraz. Maybe if we drop Jags for a bit it might give him the kick up the arse he needs to push on, he was sloppy for England at the World Cup as well. Our attack is boss though.
Badly Everton-ist, this forum.

Quick Reply

Latest