The Student Room Group

diary of a first year medic

hi everyone! my name is s and i'll be starting medical school in under a week.

i'll be using this thread to post checklists and progress reports to keep track of how i'm doing in medical school. i kinda wanna make a progress report at the end of each month so it'll be nice to look at how far i've come over the months (:

𝚊𝚋𝚘𝚞𝚝 𝚖𝚎

Spoiler

𝚙𝚛𝚎𝚟𝚒𝚘𝚞𝚜 𝚊𝚌𝚊𝚍𝚎𝚖𝚒𝚌 𝚑𝚒𝚜𝚝𝚘𝚛𝚢

Spoiler

i can't think of anything else i want to add... thank you for reading this far (: i hope you enjoy my blog!

Scroll to see replies

𝚙𝚛𝚎 𝚖𝚎𝚍-𝚜𝚌𝚑𝚘𝚘𝚕 𝚌𝚑𝚎𝚌𝚔𝚕𝚒𝚜𝚝
reflection notion
using evidence to support your work module

𝚖𝚒𝚜𝚌
go shopping and buy clothes that i'm missing

(this'll be for tomorrow (: )
Here already :yep:
Hi, did you do any a level recap or anything to prepare for med school? Is it necessary?
Original post by WTSBLG
Here already :yep:

hey hey hey :hugs:
ooh exciting!! :heart:
Reply 6
This idea looks great, i may also consider doing the same thing.
Congrats on getting in, Which medical school are you going to??
Original post by _Mia101
ooh exciting!! :heart:

:hugs:

Original post by Agek
This idea looks great, i may also consider doing the same thing.

tag me if you do (:

Original post by MiriGyu
Congrats on getting in, Which medical school are you going to??

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
(edited 1 year ago)
ive gone shopping and bought socks and stuff like that but i still need a purse because mines broken :/ i might go out again later today

i'm going to clean the house then get to the module
whoah will be following this! Nooo, I loved coochie man! :biggrin:
Original post by CatInTheCorner
whoah will be following this! Nooo, I loved coochie man! :biggrin:

thank you so much :hugs: i hope you're doing well (:
Original post by Anonymous
Hi, did you do any a level recap or anything to prepare for med school? Is it necessary?

sorry i didn't see this!

i haven't gone over anything and neither have most of my friends who are on a gap year. i think we should be fine without recapping but i guess there's only one way to find out... will you be starting this year too after a gap year?
When med school actually becomes medically:colonhash:
I'm doing ok, thanks XX 💓
Original post by _Rusty_
When med school actually becomes medically:colonhash:

have you started proper lectures? what content do you start with
Yep since last week

An overview of everything

-anatomy
-dissections
-integumentary system
-nervous system
-embryology
-Cells
-professionalism
-IPC
-Clinical Reasoning

wbu?
Original post by _Rusty_
Yep since last week

An overview of everything

-anatomy
-dissections
-integumentary system
-nervous system
-embryology
-Cells
-professionalism
-IPC
-Clinical Reasoning

wbu?

wwoahhh you've done all that already? how are you feeling

idk yet. haven't even gotten my timetable
new pfp let's see how long this one lasts...

gonna switch to my laptop and post a daily update

𝚍𝚊𝚒𝚕𝚢 𝚞𝚙𝚍𝚊𝚝𝚎: 𝟷𝟹/𝟶𝟿/𝟸𝟶𝟸𝟸

i went shopping to get some bits i was missing like more pairs of socks and short-sleeved t shirts to layer under clothes. also went to superdrug to buy a new eyeliner and came across this really cool hair removal product. you wear it like a glove and scrub whatever area of your body you want to remove hair from and it takes it off. it doesn't hurt at all and it really does remove the hair. i think it was around 2 quid but superdrug had a 2 for 1 deal so i got 2 packs. they come with 3 mits each. only downside is is that it takes ages and my back was aching after just removing hair below the knee. i recommend it if you aren't too hairy but if you are (like me lol) shaving/waxing is a much better alternative.

i then went back home and chilled for a few hours before going out with my parents. we went asda and they bought me a bunch of food (like tinned stuff, oil, pasta etc). i bought 2 books, both about crime because i love true crime lol. i wanna try set a goal to read in uni. since i'll have my own room, i can focus better on reading hopefully. i'm kinda worried everything won't fit in my car because i'm taking a lot but i'm trying to be optimistic :cry:. i ate at kfc but i wasn't too hungry so i just had some popcorn chicken. even though i didn't do most of my checklist, i still feel like i was productive today

𝚘𝚟𝚎𝚛𝚊𝚕𝚕 𝚖𝚘𝚘𝚍: 𝟹/𝟷𝟶 𝚙𝚛𝚘𝚍𝚞𝚌𝚝𝚒𝚟𝚒𝚝𝚢: 𝟽/𝟷𝟶 𝚠𝚊𝚝𝚎𝚛 𝚍𝚛𝚊𝚗𝚔: <𝟷𝙻 (i need to drink more lol)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending