The Student Room Group

This discussion is now closed.

Check out other Related discussions

Mental Health Support Society Mk XIV

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Odd socks
Feel like ****. My mum chose right as I was leaving the house to catch my bus to start crying and say she'd "hoped we could talk about 'things' this week while I was here". But she never mentioned this at all at any other time; I'm not a mind reader! Apparently her asking 'so you're basically being held back a year?' last night was her bringing up the subject in a way that's conductive to me opening up about stuff :/ my family always manage to upset me every time I spend even the briefest time with them :cry:

Hugs.
Mothers can be terrible. And crying at you is manipulative as hell and not okay.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by lauraaaaa
Time to go get judgy looks in the doctors waiting room off all the old people thinking I'm pregnant...woo -.-

hugs. I aaaaaaaaaaaallllways get judgy looks. I'm usually there for my brain. How the receptionist doesn't recognise me, idek.
Original post by WelshBluebird
If I wasn't going to try to sleep soon I'd try to gatecrash your scrabble haha.

I know but it does make it more difficult :frown:. Also the fact I'm so shy and nervous when it comes to new people really doesn't help. But thank you :smile: :hugs:

Na you don't :smile:

Spoiler

You could have come and chatted for a bit and not played! :smile:

Yeah join the club :s-smilie: You'll find someone one day though!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by hellokittymad
:grouphugs:

--------------------------------------------------------------

i need to stop thinking

Can't promise to offer any advice cos I'm so exhausted but feel free to pm me if you need someone to listen :smile:
Original post by .snowflake.
hugs. I aaaaaaaaaaaallllways get judgy looks. I'm usually there for my brain. How the receptionist doesn't recognise me, idek.

Ended up waiting there for twenty five minutes after my appointment time and the appointment took less than a minute :redface: I bottled it about talking about my anxiety and stuff, but I've generally been feeling pretty good recently so I don't feel it's something I need to enter into rn! Had the super nice doctor as well :')
Can't promise to offer any advice cos I'm so exhausted but feel free to pm me if you need someone to listen :smile:

thanks Laura (:
I was just slightly stupid, I admitted to pretending to be gay for a number of years to get friends and i'm actually not, i'm straight but i had a very lonely few years where i was desprate for friends and now i'm resenting that being honest thing about the fact i'm straight and in meltdown. my mind wont be quiet they won't stop talking they keep telling me i'm gay. i'm not i'm straight but it's scaring me and confusing me.
thanks Laura (:
I was just slightly stupid, I admitted to pretending to be gay for a number of years to get friends and i'm actually not, i'm straight but i had a very lonely few years where i was desprate for friends and now i'm resenting that being honest thing about the fact i'm straight and in meltdown. my mind wont be quiet they won't stop talking they keep telling me i'm gay. i'm not i'm straight but it's scaring me and confusing me.

So you told people you were gay to make friends, you've told them the truth, and now they think your in denial? Sorry my brain isn't working very well, just making sure I've understood!
So you told people you were gay to make friends, you've told them the truth, and now they think your in denial? Sorry my brain isn't working very well, just making sure I've understood!

yep pretty much. mum still thinks i am even though i told her the truth yesterday or maybe it was the day before, i just want the thoughts to go
yep pretty much. mum still thinks i am even though i told her the truth yesterday or maybe it was the day before, i just want the thoughts to go

Right! Hm, I don't really know what to suggest if I'm honest :/ maybe when you get a boyfriend or whatever then they'll realise? I'm not sure :/
worried I am literally housebound now...just too much to go out anywhere other than my mums/drs even...get incredibly anxious doing anything else that means going outside, too depressed to be able to make friends locally or anything, just dunno what to do anymore, everything feels a bit pointless.
Girls stuff
got the worst period pain ever and nothing is helping, I feel so ill :cry2:
Girls stuff

Spoiler

:jumphug:

Original post by senz72
Oh shish. All this talk of relationships.
Nearly in my twenties and have never been kissed. Don't think it ever will. :frown:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Mate, I'm almost 26 and never been kissed. It'll happen for us both one day, dw :h:
Original post by The_Lonely_Goatherd
:jumphug:

Mate, I'm almost 26 and never been kissed. It'll happen for us both one day, dw :h:

Just sat in bed bawling my eyes out :lol:
Just sat in bed bawling my eyes out :lol:

Spoiler

Spoiler

I've been in the bath but it hasn't done much! I can't find the hot water bottle and we don't have any feminax :frown:

Yeah that's what I thought, it seemed really unfair of her to do it right as I literally had to leave or I'd miss my bus. Made me feel awful :frown:

Posted from TSR Mobile
I've been in the bath but it hasn't done much! I can't find the hot water bottle and we don't have any feminax :frown:

Original post by Odd socks
Yeah that's what I thought, it seemed really unfair of her to do it right as I literally had to leave or I'd miss my bus. Made me feel awful :frown:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Big hugs to both :grouphugs:

Totally not on TSR at work. At all :ninja:

Naughty naughty, get back to work :wink: :lol:

:hugs:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Made one scary phonecall, will take the dog a walk and try and do another one before I talk myself out of it :smile:

Spoiler

Posted from TSR Mobile
I don't believe I'm in control of my life. All the best and worst things in life have happened to me through little or no input of my own, and were likely inevitable. Is this simply a way of thinking that makes me more comfortable with absolving myself of responsibility or is this truly how life works?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Latest