The Student Room Group

This discussion is now closed.

Check out other Related discussions

Mental Health Support Society Mk XIV

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Sabertooth
Sorry, saw your post but was busy and forgot to reply until now :colondollar:

Aw that's a shame. I know there are some websites which stock American things in the UK but shipping is always a ton.

Yeah I guess kool aid is kinda similar to squash, it comes as a powder though.

There are so many incredible things you can get in the US but not in the UK. :woo: I particularly like:
loads of flavors of pop tarts
Reese's peanut butter cereal
Apple jacks cereal
Banana split / double stuffed oreos
Huge seedless watermelons
loads of flavors of Jello (jelly)
Welch's grape jelly (jam)
Root beer
Vanilla dr pepper
Grape Fanta
Snapple/Arizona iced tea
Peanut butter M&Ms
Sour patch kids (unlike the UK ones, the US ones are actually sour)
Wild berry / sour skittles (ditto sour patch kids)
Willy Wonka nerds
A place near me that has like 20 different syrups for coffee (watermelon coffee is pretty amazing!)
Lots of restaurants/fast food places do free soda refills.

Hmm, there's loads of stuff I missed out, that's just what comes to mind. :smile: Oh I just remembered one thing from the UK that I really miss: banana milkshake in McDonald's! :drool: They have vanilla here instead.

My local Tesco sells all these :smile: (at a ridiculously inflated cost however!). I particularly like the peanut butter m&ms.

They also had cinnamon jacks as well as apple jacks. Those were disgusting :s-smilie:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by james1211
My local Tesco sells all these :smile: (at a ridiculously inflated cost however!). I particularly like the peanut butter m&ms.

They also had cinnamon jacks as well as apple jacks. Those were disgusting :s-smilie:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Wow really? That's pretty cool :smile: The supermarket I go to has a British section and a 300ml bottle of Ribena concentrate is $9!!

I've not tried cinnamon jacks but I do love cinnamon....

Life was easier when I was single. I just don't know where I stand with this girl. One minute she's asking me to hang out every day and telling me to just wait in her flat while she's at college, the next she's telling me she wants to take things slow and I need to back off when it's her that's pushed things forwards :s-smilie: so confused right now

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Odd socks
Life was easier when I was single. I just don't know where I stand with this girl. One minute she's asking me to hang out every day and telling me to just wait in her flat while she's at college, the next she's telling me she wants to take things slow and I need to back off when it's her that's pushed things forwards :s-smilie: so confused right now

Posted from TSR Mobile

Oh hun, do you feel able to say this too her?
Thats not fair on you!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by PandaWho
Oh hun, do you feel able to say this too her?
Thats not fair on you!

Posted from TSR Mobile

Nah I can't say anything, I just agreed that if she wants to take things slower then that's fine.. She's been through traumatic stuff in previous relationships so I can understand why she's worried about opening up to someone, she admitted she doesn't want to get hurt again. I'm just worried it's going to end with me getting hurt instead.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Nah I can't say anything, I just agreed that if she wants to take things slower then that's fine.. She's been through traumatic stuff in previous relationships so I can understand why she's worried about opening up to someone, she admitted she doesn't want to get hurt again. I'm just worried it's going to end with me getting hurt instead.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Maybe you both need to go slow, and keep talking to each other and make sure your BOTH happy :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
ED

Spoiler

Life was easier when I was single.

Likewise. It's worth it in the end though, when you've settled your differences. No relationship is perfect.

Original post by Sabertooth
Wow really? That's pretty cool :smile: The supermarket I go to has a British section and a 300ml bottle of Ribena concentrate is $9!!

I've not tried cinnamon jacks but I do love cinnamon....

That's crazy expensive! To be fair a box of lucky charms here is over £5 (over $8 in yank).
Maybe you both need to go slow, and keep talking to each other and make sure your BOTH happy :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Yeah, I guess i got caught up in being so happy to spend time with her I let it go a bit fast :/

Likewise. It's worth it in the end though, when you've settled your differences. No relationship is perfect.

That's crazy expensive! To be fair a box of lucky charms here is over £5 (over $8 in yank).

I just have this feeling that this is going to end with me getting hurt. Dunno, a feeling of foreboding I guess.
Ridiculous what's happening in glasgow

Posted from TSR Mobile
Damn why does it keep going anon :angry:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Anonymous
I just have this feeling that this is going to end with me getting hurt. Dunno, a feeling of foreboding I guess.

Stick at it for a bit. It took a month and a half for me to feel happy in my relationship and we continue to work on things that make it hard for each other, one of them being clingyness. Things take time, don't be too impatient! You haven't got to look too far ahead, just take it day by day and don't concern yourself with whether things will work in the long term too much. Best of luck :smile:
Tonight should have been a happy proud evening surrounded by friends. But instead its been lonely and stressful :frown:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Aw how come?
normal stuff requires so much effort lately. I need my brain to take a break
Original post by Hachik0
Aw how come?

I should have received my 5 year service award for girlguiding (been an adult leader/volunteer for 5 years)

Posted from TSR Mobile
living is too hard.
Ugh. So my recent surgery has just started to heal and lose the pain, and now it feels like someone has yanked my jaw off and is driving a foot long masonry drill into my left ear :'( excruciating. Can't even take any more codeine or ill become addicted.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by ScaryScience
living is too hard.

:hugs:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Stick at it for a bit. It took a month and a half for me to feel happy in my relationship and we continue to work on things that make it hard for each other, one of them being clingyness. Things take time, don't be too impatient! You haven't got to look too far ahead, just take it day by day and don't concern yourself with whether things will work in the long term too much. Best of luck :smile:

I just wish I knew what I was doing :/ I hate not knowing what to do in situations. The only reason I want to know where I stand is because I went out with a guy in 1st year, he was older and basically just used me, he told me all the lies about how he actually liked me and that we'd visit each other over the summer while we weren't at uni and then as soon as I went home for the summer he stopped talking to me and didn't reply if I text him. It's obvious in hindsight that I was just some disposable thing to fill the time to him and I don't want to be that again :/ sorry for the ramble :frown:

Posted from TSR Mobile
:'(

Latest