The Student Room Group

This discussion is now closed.

Check out other Related discussions

Mental Health Support Society Mk XIV

Scroll to see replies

Original post by tasha96
I know this didn't have bad intentions lovely, but statements like that aren't always helpful for either person. :no: Ties an awful lot of guilt in. :hugs: :hugs: :hugs:

sorry, im terrible of giving advice.

i was only trying to help.
Original post by guitaristemily
sorry, im terrible of giving advice.

i was only trying to help.

No not at all hun! :frown: I was just pointing out that it might not be helpful for either of you. :hugs:
Original post by tasha96
No not at all hun! :frown: I was just pointing out that it might not be helpful for either of you. :hugs:

i shouldnt of done it, i shouldnt of said anything.

i fell like an idiot now.
I'm such a total screw up. I don't deserve this.

Posted from TSR Mobile
TLG Update:In Portsmouth now! Sister has gone to a friend's bday so I get TSR time! :biggrin:

Original post by tradingmyheartforyours
I accept it that I'm a horrible person...

:nah: Not at all, hun! Don't think that :frown:

Original post by PandaWho
Letters shouldn't be in maths :nope:

Posted from TSR Mobile

PRSOM :tongue:
Original post by guitaristemily
i shouldnt of done it, i shouldnt of said anything.

i fell like an idiot now.

Nothing to feel like an idiot for!

Original post by senz72

Posted from TSR Mobile

Not true :hugs:
There's a wolf in my flat! :eek:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by ScaryScience

Not true :hugs:

I know they mean well but those Barclay's lifeskills advert are describing everything I would do and making me feel like ****.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by senz72

Posted from TSR Mobile

Bet your not! Whats happened?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Hello all! It's been a really long time since I've posted in here but things are getting bad again so I thought I'd ask for some advice. I've got a lot to ask so any responses are much appreciated :smile:

Basically my anxiety is getting bad again. It started about two years ago, and I had a few CBT sessions. My counsellor suggested that I may have depression in addition to my anxiety problems, which I agreed with as I was in a really bad place. I told my mum about it and she went into complete denial, and took me out of CBT. I didn't want to do it but I wasn't brave enough to stand up for myself. (I was 16 at the time so she had the authority really)
Fast forward two years and I'm feeling like I'm drowning again. Something needs to be done. So, few questions:

1) if I go back to the doctor and get referred to some kind of service, will there be correspondence via post? It's easier if my family don't know about this for the time being, and if I have suspicious post I'm going to get awkward questions.

2) I'm also applying to uni this year. Would a diagnosis of anything be beneficial/recommended? I'm not sure what support, if any, I could get. Obviously I might not get a diagnosis, but I think it's worth finding out.

Thanks for reading the essay :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by senz72
I know they mean well but those Barclay's lifeskills advert are describing everything I would do and making me feel like ****.

Posted from TSR Mobile

im afraid I don't think ive seen those adverts so im not sure I can comment on that. what I do know, though, is that youre far far more capable than you give yourself credit for :hugs:
Original post by sheridanamber
Hello all! It's been a really long time since I've posted in here but things are getting bad again so I thought I'd ask for some advice. I've got a lot to ask so any responses are much appreciated :smile:

Basically my anxiety is getting bad again. It started about two years ago, and I had a few CBT sessions. My counsellor suggested that I may have depression in addition to my anxiety problems, which I agreed with as I was in a really bad place. I told my mum about it and she went into complete denial, and took me out of CBT. I didn't want to do it but I wasn't brave enough to stand up for myself. (I was 16 at the time so she had the authority really)
Fast forward two years and I'm feeling like I'm drowning again. Something needs to be done. So, few questions:

1) if I go back to the doctor and get referred to some kind of service, will there be correspondence via post? It's easier if my family don't know about this for the time being, and if I have suspicious post I'm going to get awkward questions.

2) I'm also applying to uni this year. Would a diagnosis of anything be beneficial/recommended? I'm not sure what support, if any, I could get. Obviously I might not get a diagnosis, but I think it's worth finding out.

Posted from TSR Mobile

1) Nope, not necessarily at all. You might not even have correspondence but if you do, you can ask for it to be emailed to you.
2) I would say that it might be recommended, but not necessary at all. Others on here might disagree and say that 'they can prepare for you and put things in place' but really nothing happens until you actually get there, in my experience. Certainly at my uni, anyway, regardless of whether you have a diagnosis or not, you go through the same process in order to get proper support as everyone else.
feel like **** right now :sigh:
Original post by The_Lonely_Goatherd
TLG Update:In Portsmouth now! Sister has gone to a friend's bday so I get TSR time! :biggrin:
PRSOM :tongue:

:ninja: haha

Original post by senz72

Posted from TSR Mobile

iv seen a couple of them adverts, and i think there a waste of time. iv met MANY young people who are very similar to what they describe, but they get jobs and everything.

remember your at uni, youv done amazing to get to uni, youv got life expreience FROM uni, please dont let it get to you.
Original post by sheridanamber

Posted from TSR Mobile

Sorry to hear you're feeling unwell again :frown: I'm pretty sure you could ask your GP surgery not to mail anything to your home. You can ask them about it at reception or by phoning up, I'd have thought :yes:

As for uni stuff, it does vary from uni to uni but it's good to get hold of a DSA form early, as the application approval and then assessment and then assessment approving can take a little bit of time and the longer you delay applying, the longer it may take for you to get help. There are lots of ways in which your uni could try and help you, depending on what your diagnosis ends up being and what assistance you might feel you may need :smile:
Original post by ScaryScience

Spoiler

Spoiler

TSR, Y U NO LEMME REP MHSS PEEPS? :emo:

I swear, pretty much all of you are on PRSOM :colonhash:
"Oh- you look nice in THAT picture. You're much skinnier then."

:sigh:

People can be *****.
Original post by tasha96
"Oh- you look nice in THAT picture. You're much skinnier then."

:sigh:

People can be *****.