The Student Room Group

This discussion is now closed.

Check out other Related discussions

Mental Health Support Society Mk XIV

Scroll to see replies

Original post by tasha96
Thanks lovely. :hugs: :smile:
Is there anything I can do? Would chatting help? :hugs: I know being around people (physical is better, I know, but its a wee bit late in the day to hop on a train! :lovehug: ) even if its just to chat about everyday stuff? :hugs: No pressure either way- but I'm here if you want. :smile: :hugs:

Thanks, you're too nice to me. :hugs: Might poke you at some point but feeling too ill right now
Original post by Team_McDreamy
you too :hugs: do you feel flu-yy? sometimes colds can affect your ears and balance and make you feel sick when you move

weirdly enough I've been feeling flu-y for about two weeks now. about 10/12 days ago I was convinced I had the flu, but then it sort of passed :s-smilie: so annoying cause I don't know whats physical and whats psychological :frown:
Original post by tasha96
I WILL go out, it WILL be fine, I WILL stay safe, I WILL come back. CAN I DO THIS??? Probably not, but I'll give it a go anyway. :tongue:

This girl right here folks is on a mission!! You go conquer the day :biggrin: :hugs:
Reply 5682
so I just got trolled or somebody said something which is making m question the integrity of my reasons for being on ESA/in CBT

can anybody please give me some notion of the credibility of OP's claims

Spoiler

Original post by ZaynahM
What did you get at AS? I got AABB with my best/most-relevant at 82% average

aaac at AS. Not sure what the averages were but probs worse than yours.

Just give it your best shot and if you get in, great! If you don't, don't worry - no one wants to go to Cambridge anyway :tongue:

:ninja: :colone: :ninja:

Original post by tasha96
Voice hearers- does anybody know/have any theories about why having one headphone/earplug in can help? It's been confusing me for a while now. :colondollar:

Yeah I don't really get how that can work either :colondollar: I need both plugs in, tbh :o:
Original post by Riku
so I just got trolled or somebody said something which is making m question the integrity of my reasons for being on ESA/in CBT

Spoiler

To be honest, apart from the bit about mental illness being self inflicted, I agree with what that person said :/

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Riku

Spoiler

To be honest Riku I think that person's fairly accurate in terms of how you come across online, apart from that I'd not go so far as to say your illness is self-inflicted (total minefield if you start going down that route :tongue:). I've noticed you tend to ignore posts that don't go along with your world view, and clutch at any that do, which can't be giving you a very balanced picture of the world.

I don't see what that's got to do with benefits/CBT though - if anything it strengthens the idea that you need extra help. :dontknow:
Reply 5686
Original post by Odd socks
To be honest, apart from the bit about mental illness being self inflicted, I agree with what that person said :/

Posted from TSR Mobile

Original post by superwolf
To be honest Riku I think that person's fairly accurate in terms of how you come across online, apart from that I'd not go so far as to say your illness is self-inflicted (total minefield if you start going down that route :tongue:). I've noticed you tend to ignore posts that don't go along with your world view, and clutch at any that do, which can't be giving you a very balanced picture of the world.

I don't see what that's got to do with benefits/CBT though - if anything it strengthens the idea that you need extra help. :dontknow:

I see.
Original post by Riku
I see.

I would also agree with them, but as superwolf said that doesn't mean at all that your illness is self-inflicted, CBT is still just as likely to help you, you're still probably eligible for ESA and as none of us (I don't think) know you in real life and/or are actually doctors then it may or may not be true, that's just how you come across on here :smile: :hugs:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 5688
Original post by furryface12
I would also agree with them, but as superwolf said that doesn't mean at all that your illness is self-inflicted, CBT is still just as likely to help you, you're still probably eligible for ESA and as none of us (I don't think) know you in real life and/or are actually doctors then it may or may not be true, that's just how you come across on here :smile: :hugs:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Thanks…I just want to know exactly how I am coming across that on here :s-smilie:
i feel like im going to break, i have so much stress and i cant cope for much longer
Original post by Riku
Thanks…I just want to know exactly how I am coming across that on here :s-smilie:

I'm really not very good at describing things or people or whatever so I'm probably not the best person to say- I'll probably only end up unintentionally offending you- but basically what Wolfie said. You're not always like that, especially not on this thread, but when I see you posting on other threads it quite often comes across that way :redface:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by guitaristemily
i feel like im going to break, i have so much stress and i cant cope for much longer

:hugs: :frown:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 5692
I'm really not very good at describing things or people or whatever so I'm probably not the best person to say- I'll probably only end up unintentionally offending you- but basically what Wolfie said. You're not always like that, especially not on this thread, but when I see you posting on other threads it quite often comes across that way :redface:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Hmm ok…I need to figure this out with Wolfie then. Cheers :hugs: are you ok btw? x
Original post by ScaryScience

weirdly enough I've been feeling flu-y for about two weeks now. about 10/12 days ago I was convinced I had the flu, but then it sort of passed :s-smilie: so annoying cause I don't know whats physical and whats psychological :frown:

well, if you start getting an earache, maybe pop down to your GP cause you might have an ear infection :smile: hope you feel better soon!
Original post by Riku
Hmm ok…I need to figure this out with Wolfie then. Cheers :hugs: are you ok btw? x

Probably best, she's much better at expressing things than me! :redface: I'm alright thanks, been very up and down but been on a very slow/tired up (or at least not down!) today so far which I can deal with :smile: Just saw the thread you were on about by the way, I do think they were being a little harsh...

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 5696
Probably best, she's much better at expressing things than me! :redface: I'm alright thanks, been very up and down but been on a very slow/tired up (or at least not down!) today so far which I can deal with :smile: Just saw the thread you were on about by the way, I do think they were being a little harsh...

Posted from TSR Mobile

It's good to hear you're on the up! :biggrin: :hugs:

Spoiler

Original post by Team_McDreamy
well, if you start getting an earache, maybe pop down to your GP cause you might have an ear infection :smile: hope you feel better soon!

ok, thanks hun. how you doing now?
Original post by Riku
It's good to hear you're on the up! :biggrin: :hugs:

Spoiler

Spoiler

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 5699
Friend has invited me on a pub crawl, declined because it's too short notice and pub crawls aren't really my thing. Now feel like there's something very wrong for me for not jumping on the chance to get pissed (never makes me feel better). Should not even be seeking validation or reassurance here but I think this proves the point that I struggle to believe it's OK to not be bench/drink/manly etc. :s-smilie:

Latest