The Student Room Group

This discussion is now closed.

Check out other Related discussions

Mental Health Support Society Mk XIV

Scroll to see replies

Original post by furryface12
Not sure, might have done but I wiped it out and more blood's appeared, it kind of hurts as well so who knows! :redface:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Can you get to A&E may be bleeding inside the ear :s-smilie:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Just realised that there's a load of blood on my pillow and in my ear, no idea what I've done:s-smilie:

Posted from TSR Mobile

you've probably just scratched your ear canal in your sleep and its bled a bit, but just to be sure could you maybe pop down to a walk in centre or A&E and get it checked out? bloods not supposed to come out of there! :redface:
Original post by PandaWho
Can you get to A&E may be bleeding inside the ear :s-smilie:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Original post by Team_McDreamy
you've probably just scratched your ear canal in your sleep and its bled a bit, but just to be sure could you maybe pop down to a walk in centre or A&E and get it checked out? bloods not supposed to come out of there! :redface:

Don't know how I can get there as we've got guests here so parents can't take me, plus they're moving the walk-in centre/some of the other services between hospitals this weekend and I kind of had enough of A&E last weekend anyway :colondollar: I need to book a doctors appointment anyway so could try and go there tomorrow?
Don't know how I can get there as we've got guests here so parents can't take me, plus they're moving the walk-in centre/some of the other services between hospitals this weekend and I kind of had enough of A&E last weekend anyway :colondollar: I need to book a doctors appointment anyway so could try and go there tomorrow?

Try get an emergancy one tomorrow i guess?
Think it needs looking at as as McDreamy said, pretty sure blood aint menna come from there :nah:

Posted from TSR Mobile
How's everyone doing? :hugs:
Original post by PandaWho
Try get an emergancy one tomorrow i guess?
Think it needs looking at as as McDreamy said, pretty sure blood aint menna come from there :nah:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Yeah I will, they're normally pretty quick so should be able to go tomorrow/tuesday hopefully :smile: The only time it's happened before that I can remember is when I'd just had an operation when I was six or seven, so it's definitely not normal :redface:
I'd say your tutor generally, but don't be surprised if they're about as much use as a chocolate fireguard.
Original post by IDukem

Hey, I can't remember if we have spoken in like...ever? :colondollar:
Hey anyway :h:

Well I've only been here for a couple of days so probably not :tongue:
anyone know who to speak to about mental health issues at uni?
Original post by .snowflake.
I'd say your tutor generally, but don't be surprised if they're about as much use as a chocolate fireguard.

Oh were you replying to me?

yes I thought so too.. I don't know though they just seem too formal. I need to be able to talk freely not be so formal..
(edited 9 years ago)
Original post by hannahchan

yes I thought so too.. I don't know though they just seem too formal. I need to be able to talk freely not be so formal..

You could start with the disability office (if you have proof of your mental health condition - if not, best to acquire some!). They can inform your tutor if necessary :yes:
anyone know who to speak to about mental health issues at uni?

They generally have counsellors or someone with that role, otherwise your tutor probably
Original post by The_Lonely_Goatherd
You could start with the disability office (if you have proof of your mental health condition - if not, best to acquire some!). They can inform your tutor if necessary :yes:

Yeah I already have connections with the disability office but not mental health wise.
Original post by Gingerbread101
They generally have counsellors or someone with that role, otherwise your tutor probably

Yeah they do.. but it says something like "if you feel you need a counselling".. as if counselling should be a last resort?
Yeah they do.. but it says something like "if you feel you need a counselling".. as if counselling should be a last resort?

Generally counselling is the way most people go, it's a less 'extreme' approach than medication etc... Counsellors aren't there as a last resort, it's for anyone who thinks they could need one, whether it's for a massive issue or not :smile:

whether or not you go down the counselling route, you should still go and see your tutor about it - thats what they're there for. plus you might be surprised and find out that they're a lot more relaxed and informal about it, trust me you won't be the first student they've had who's had a mental illness (except if they're brand new, ofc :tongue:)
today has consisted in not being able to leave my bed, and sobbing at regular intervals. I think its time I accept this is my life and there is nothing that is gonna extinguish this pain. nothing I try ever works.
Original post by ScaryScience
today has consisted in not being able to leave my bed, and sobbing at regular intervals. I think its time I accept this is my life and there is nothing that is gonna extinguish this pain. nothing I try ever works.

sounds a lot like my day, except i haven't had the sobbing. Just complete and utter apathy

*Hugs* I hope something does help relieve things soon

:hugs: :console: I hope you find something soon

Latest