The Student Room Group

A* in ICT

Right, okay, so I was under the impression you could get an A* in ALL courses that are considered an A-Level.

However, my ICT teachers are telling me that the Applied ICT with Edexcel that we do don't award A*s. We do 6 units.

It says on one document on the Edexcel website that you can. On the mark scheme it doesn't give cash-in grades at A*s for ANY of their subjects.

I'm so confused. Can anyone help?

tldr; can you get an A* in Applied ICT with Edexcel?
Are you in AS?

Maybe they meant you can't get A* at AS, which is true for most subjects as far as I know.
(edited 9 years ago)
Original post by BitWindy
Are you still in AS?

Maybe they meant you can't get A* at AS, which is true for most subjects as far as I know.

I've just started A2 in September, and they gave me a target grade of A overall because "you can't get an A* in this course" apparently :confused:
These sources (1,2) would suggest your teachers are mistaken.
Original post by BitWindy
These sources (1,2) would suggest your teachers are mistaken.

That's what I thought!

We're doing Applied ICT Single Award, and they say that you can only get an A* in Double Award, but it says on the first source that 'for example, a six unit a-level an A* would be 480 out of 600 (or whatever it says)' and our ICT is 6 units, so :confused:
Reply 5
Original post by betweentheclocks
Right, okay, so I was under the impression you could get an A* in ALL courses that are considered an A-Level.

However, my ICT teachers are telling me that the Applied ICT with Edexcel that we do don't award A*s. We do 6 units.

It says on one document on the Edexcel website that you can. On the mark scheme it doesn't give cash-in grades at A*s for ANY of their subjects.

I'm so confused. Can anyone help?

tldr; can you get an A* in Applied ICT with Edexcel?

Don't worry molly, our teacher doesn't know what she is talking about :smile: you're gonna beast it.
Original post by YesKidda
Don't worry, our teacher doesn't know what she is talking about :smile: you're gonna beast it.

Haha thanks 😂 wish I knew who this was though 😁
Reply 7
Original post by betweentheclocks
Haha thanks ������ wish I knew who this was though ������

You do, it's Shaw :smile:
Original post by YesKidda
You do, it's Shaw :smile:

Ahh hey Shaw!!
Out of interest, what is applied A level like? Is it easier?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest