The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

please someone help me I'm panicking so much

I sent off my application on Friday and I included my Grade 7 Speech and Drama Silver Award grade in the examinations part. I asked my drama teacher whether the qualification was a PCertLam and she said yes, but I was having a clean out and I found the certificate and it's not (it's a QFC award)

omg what should I do? will I get automatically rejected?
Original post by radhikagulati
please someone help me I'm panicking so much

I sent off my application on Friday and I included my Grade 7 Speech and Drama Silver Award grade in the examinations part. I asked my drama teacher whether the qualification was a PCertLam and she said yes, but I was having a clean out and I found the certificate and it's not (it's a QFC award)

omg what should I do? will I get automatically rejected?

it's probably fine, to be honest.

it won't matter as much as your actual a levels/as levels, and to be honest, if it's so major (like, if you were applying for theatre studies or something), then just ring them up.

but chill, they probably won't notice.

Original post by JackTeh96
Bude8!!! Do you still remember me?? How's going?? Are you all set for Pembroke Cambridge??

actually, if we're doing remembering, I wonder if anyone remembers me? I was here getting blocked every two weeks at the start of year 12/end of year 11 (I think).

Final question: does anyone know anyone who is doing Chinese studies? I feel desperately alone.
Original post by Guills on wheels

it won't matter as much as your actual a levels/as levels, and to be honest, if it's so major (like, if you were applying for theatre studies or something), then just ring them up.

It's for medicine so it's not important- I just don't want to be rejected over a silly little thing :/

Do I need to call UCAS and the universities I applied to?
[QUOTE="radhikagulati;50770619"]

It's for medicine so it's not important- I just don't want to be rejected over a silly little thing :/

Do I need to call UCAS and the universities I applied to?

no.

how many ucas points is it worth?
I mean, call them if you feel the need to, not now, but later, because it's so late.

if it's anything serious the application will get sent back to you. loads of people in my school messed up a small bit of the application regarding the student loan and it just got bounced back no problem.

with at least 1000 applications per uni (I generalise, some have more, some less) then to be honest, they probably won't pull you up on that, espesh for medicine.
[QUOTE="wheels;50770643" Guills="Guills" on="on"]

no.

how many ucas points is it worth?

55 points x
qfa

cocked up the quoting on the last one, sorry
55's a fair bit. well done!

(f**k me, I could do with 55 points)

ask your teacher on monday, they'll advise. check track too, or a your admissions tutor, or anyone who knows anything about your application really, and they'll either know if it's been sent back, or if not, what to do.

55 points x

where are you applying to?
where are you applying to?

Oxford, UCL, Birmingham and Queen's Belfast (and Warwick for chemistry).

How about you?

Thanks for the help with my ucas fiasco :smile: I was just scared that if they find out I put the wrong awarding body they would think I'm not honest/detail orientated/etc
Oxford, UCL, Birmingham and Queen's Belfast (and Warwick for chemistry).

How about you?

Thanks for the help with my ucas fiasco :smile: I was just scared that if they find out I put the wrong awarding body they would think I'm not honest/detail orientated/etc

nah, they are human too, oddly enough :')

SOAS (school of oriental and african studies, is awesome)
Nottingham (but it's a bit dull)
Leeds
Sheffield (not great, hopefully won't have to go there)
and Durham (defo defo defo not).

I'm quite certain with my preferences :')

but it makes sense though, because I'm applying for Chinese Studies, and there's only 12 places in the uk that do it :')

actually, if we're doing remembering, I wonder if anyone remembers me? I was here getting blocked every two weeks at the start of year 12/end of year 11 (I think).

Final question: does anyone know anyone who is doing Chinese studies? I feel desperately alone.

Sorry I don't know you .., but you can introduce yourself!!!
Why do you want to do Chinese studies?
Reply 2552
Ok... can anyone help me out?
At my school we got our LPUK (generated based on GCSEs basically) predicted grades. Mine are BBB which is alright ^^. I'm thinking of my uni choices being ABB, 3 BBBs and a points/BBC. Problem is my Spanish AS was an E because I messed up and I was told I was getting higher/doing better than I actually was doing. I'm worried my teachers won't predict me a C... let alone a B. I'm going to retake but they doubt my ability to be able to get up to a B (which actually feels really discouraging). I think I could get predicted an A in English but that Spanish grade is haunting me...
Any advice??
Sorry I don't know you .., but you can introduce yourself!!!
Why do you want to do Chinese studies?

my name's Gil, I'm from london and my favourite colour at the moment is pewter. my girlfriend's just gone up to cambridge and I really f*cking miss her.

I'm in my 7th year of studying the chinese language :smile: and I just kinda want to see how long I can go with it. plus, it's really properly interesting, and I just really like chinese history and learning a different language. I just kinda feel I can throw myself at chinese in a way I can't with my other two subjects (history of art and maths).

I did physics AS. I got a B, but...

never again.
I think the revision might kill me.:K: I'm aiming for all my notes done by the end of the month, so I have more than enough time to really revise.
my name's Gil, I'm from london and my favourite colour at the moment is pewter. my girlfriend's just gone up to cambridge and I really f*cking miss her.

I'm in my 7th year of studying the chinese language :smile: and I just kinda want to see how long I can go with it. plus, it's really properly interesting, and I just really like chinese history and learning a different language. I just kinda feel I can throw myself at chinese in a way I can't with my other two subjects (history of art and maths).

I did physics AS. I got a B, but...

never again.

Oh wow!! What's your gf studying in Cambridge at the moment?
Chinese language is really fun, especially ancient Chinese. Are you applying this year? Where are you applying?

I did AS chinese, but I can't be bothered to do A2 chinese because I was told that the percentage of A* is so low that it is literally impossible to get it....
Btw, I am also in London! ahah
Oh wow!! What's your gf studying in Cambridge at the moment?
Chinese language is really fun, especially ancient Chinese. Are you applying this year? Where are you applying?

I did AS chinese, but I can't be bothered to do A2 chinese because I was told that the percentage of A* is so low that it is literally impossible to get it....
Btw, I am also in London! ahah

Theology, but in the process of changing to English.

Yeah, definitely applying this year, to SOAS, Nottingham, Durham, Sheffield and Leeds. Only really want to go to SOAS though, and defo not Durham. They're based half on whether they're good unis, and half on how near to Cambridge they are… Grades weren't good enough (got ABB at AS, doing Mandarin Pre-U) for cambs.

If you did Edexcel Chinese… we did pre-u for precisely that reason; apparently the A2 exams are designed for native speakers :/

yeah, I learn simplified script but chinese history is my absolute fave. love 20th century politics too though.

Oh yeah? where abouts? I live in Holloway :smile:

Other than that, music (listening, and occasionally writing about) is my love.
oh, and the two red rubies are for a previous, more argumentative year 11/12 version of me :')

I'm good now :')
Theology, but in the process of changing to English.

Yeah, definitely applying this year, to SOAS, Nottingham, Durham, Sheffield and Leeds. Only really want to go to SOAS though, and defo not Durham. They're based half on whether they're good unis, and half on how near to Cambridge they are… Grades weren't good enough (got ABB at AS, doing Mandarin Pre-U) for cambs.

If you did Edexcel Chinese… we did pre-u for precisely that reason; apparently the A2 exams are designed for native speakers :/

yeah, I learn simplified script but chinese history is my absolute fave. love 20th century politics too though.

Oh yeah? where abouts? I live in Holloway :smile:

Other than that, music (listening, and occasionally writing about) is my love.

Yeah edexcel chinese a2 is hard.... even if I am fluent, I am not confident to get A*....
Chinese history is really complicated!!!! So many small countries to remember....
In south london (southwark)
Original post by TheNoobishKnight
Oooops sorry, I missed your message because of too many quotes lol.

State school for the win!
You are right. I also am interesting in BioChem.

But I still want to try and go into medicine as I would much rather do that IMO but if I can't I will fall back on this. But then I would have to take a gap year and if I don't get the grades, it could be a waste of year.

I could apply for BioChem this year, but I haven't even started my application. I already told my teachers I wasn't going to be applying for uni this year too. I doubt I would also be able to do a good Personal statement in this time period.

But it would be stupid to not apply as if I don't get AAA, then I could start Biochem straight away(as long as I meet the grade requirements, I want to go to a pretty good uni too), I would then have wasted a year for nothing.

Seems like I need advice on this lol.

I haven't discounted doing post grad medicine, but for the minuted Biochem is for me! Good luck!

Just bare in mind most of the top places for Biochem want at least AAB. A great similar course is Cellular and Molecular medicine at Bristol if you are looking for a 5th choice for a Medical Application, with ABB requirements for most state schools.

Latest