The Student Room Group

British constitution VS US (protection)

Hi everyone,

Just started university and still finding the best way to take notes... long story short I can’t read back my hand writing and will need to type lecture notes.

Anyway, I’m typing out all the notes I have taken and have come across something I am confused about.

Am I write in saying the US constitution protects the people and the British constitution, unwritten it may be is aimed at protecting the government and not the people?

Thank you in advance, also any advice on ways to take notes at uni? What has worked best for you?
Reply 1
Original post by Lily502
Just started university and still finding the best way to take notes

Your uni should be able to give loads of advice on different note-taking techniques.

Original post by Lily502
I can’t read back my hand writing

You can't read your own writing? When did you discover this?

Can others read your writing?

Can you read other people's writing>?

Just what is the problem here?

Original post by Lily502
Am I write right in saying the US constitution protects the people and the British constitution, unwritten it may be is aimed at protecting the government and not the people?

The UK has no written constitution so cannot be compared to that of the USA.

Original post by Lily502
Any advice on ways to take notes at uni?

Ask your lecturers for advice on techniques.

Original post by Lily502
What has worked best for you?

That has no bearing on what works best for you.
Reply 2
I am dyslexic hence the spelling error... and this is also the reason why my hand writing if often terrible. I can actually read.

I have already asked lecturers. I asked the forum to see what others found helpful just to get more of a better idea.

And I know the British Constitution is unwritten I was merely asking is that in the interest of the government or the people.
Reply 3
British constitution sets out how the country is run, separation of powers, human rights etc so it does protect the people.
Reply 4
Original post by Jingers
British constitution sets out how the country is run, separation of powers, human rights etc so it does protect the people.

Thank you for the reply!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending