The Student Room Group

This discussion is now closed.

Check out other Related discussions

Mental Health Support Society Mk XIV

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Odd socks
Can't stop worrying about bugs :s-smilie: anyone know what sort of bugs eat clothes? I'm scared

Posted from TSR Mobile

From what i remember it was just moths? They're slow buggers, easy to get rid of :d

Is it bad that i like having a spider in my room to deal with pesky flies and the like? :0
Original post by Jean-Luc Picard
um, I normally just dunk biscuits in it :redface:

:hand:

:tongue:

:hugs:
Original post by The_Lonely_Goatherd
Tea is good for the soul, mind you! :yep:

Thanks hun :colondollar:

Sorry, I've honestly no idea :frown:

You don't have to apologise silly!

Original post by Meaty_man
From what i remember it was just moths? They're slow buggers, easy to get rid of :d

Is it bad that i like having a spider in my room to deal with pesky flies and the like? :0

I hope it's just moths then, though I don't like them Id rather that than wiggly creatures. My flatmate said it looked like a tiny worm :confused:

Nah I think that too, I like having one spider around to take care of flies. As long as it doesn't come too near my personal space haha :tongue:

Posted from TSR Mobile
ZOMG, just found a volunteer post with my local Mind branch that I'd be perfect for! :ahee:

"We are seeking volunteers with personal experience of mental health problems to work together to deliver wellbeing sessions to young people in schools, colleges, youth centres and other settings in X Borough. We are seeking people with good communication skills who understand the pressures and stresses facing young people and are willing to talk from their own experience in an appropriate way.
We will provide a fully accredited training and support package which will equip you with all of the knowledge, skills and confidence you will need."

:colone:
Haven't slept yet :emo:
Original post by Odd socks
Can't stop worrying about bugs :s-smilie: anyone know what sort of bugs eat clothes? I'm scared

Moths, you can buy a bit of lavender to get rid of them.

Original post by Anonymous
And yes, I live at home, but cannot afford to move out.

Are you sure it is depression or not only caused by some thins, you don't have yet? (Own flat, girlfriend, etc....) Or is it both? I think therapy (and it is perfectly normal, if you need some time to find the right therapist. From counselling(which is not psychotherapy) I would not expect very much, is it is actual depression. Maybe you can also read around, which kind of therapy you prefer. There are different methods.)

Tonight is Friday, and I have a test I want to study, but then I just want to go out and get drunk in a club, and I want them to section me because most of them "say it's wrong and abnormal".

You want them to section you, because you like clubbing more than studying (pretty normal, but often not possible)? :confused:

And another thing is that therapists tell me advice, but then they would say to their colleagues the exact opposite. I just think they pick and choose who they want to treat based on who has a "cute" or "sexy" personality....I guess it's just how our society is, but I don't have to like it....

Yeah, sadly it is part of it, but honestly just search someone else...

ZOMG, just found a volunteer post with my local Mind branch that I'd be perfect for! :ahee:

"We are seeking volunteers with personal experience of mental health problems to work together to deliver wellbeing sessions to young people in schools, colleges, youth centres and other settings in X Borough. We are seeking people with good communication skills who understand the pressures and stresses facing young people and are willing to talk from their own experience in an appropriate way.
We will provide a fully accredited training and support package which will equip you with all of the knowledge, skills and confidence you will need."

Sounds awesome! And like a clever thing to do.
I'm not Asian, no. But then I can't be me and be/do who I want to be. they just like to single me out.

And yes, I live at home, but cannot afford to move out. But then I hate therapy because it's too selective, and most of them don't really have a clue how modern society works. Tonight is Friday, and I have a test I want to study, but then I just want to go out and get drunk in a club, and I want them to section me because most of them "say it's wrong and abnormal".

Sorry for some reason in my sleep-deprived haze, these posts have only just come up for me :facepalm:

Sorry you feel like you can't be yourself - that must be really hard :frown: It does sound like you've had rotten luck with therapists. Rest assured there ARE good ones out there who won't be as silly as the ones you've had! :smile:
Today is boat day :biggrin: Just waiting for my daddy to come and pick me up so we can go and see her and hand over the cash.

Cannot actually wait to be able to use her! Found a perfect mooring too with electricity and everything so should be able to get her to where I want her to be really soon.

Eeek! So excited.

Had a bit of a rough week this week with school. Didn't feel like I did much and I'm not really attaching to my mentor the way I'm supposed to. I think my department is just a bit weird.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by ParadoxSocks
Today is boat day :biggrin: Just waiting for my daddy to come and pick me up so we can go and see her and hand over the cash.

Cannot actually wait to be able to use her! Found a perfect mooring too with electricity and everything so should be able to get her to where I want her to be really soon.

Eeek! So excited.

Had a bit of a rough week this week with school. Didn't feel like I did much and I'm not really attaching to my mentor the way I'm supposed to. I think my department is just a bit weird.

Posted from TSR Mobile

awesome :biggrin: hopefully you have a lot of fun with it!

hopefully next week goes better for you at the school as well!
Just FYI, I've added a diagram of how my brain works and the different voices I hear, to the OP of my AMA thread. Just in case anyone's interested :o:

That sounds amazing. I would love to do that!
Original post by ScaryScience
That sounds amazing. I would love to do that!

Check your local Mind and see if they're doing something similar :yep:
Check your local Mind and see if they're doing something similar :yep:

I couldn't handle it at the moment, especially as I'm already volunteering for Nightline :/
I couldn't handle it at the moment, especially as I'm already volunteering for Nightline :/

Oh wow! I had no idea you were doing that. (You probs did tell me but you know what my sieve brain is like :colondollar: ) That's amazing to be doing that :hugs:
Oh wow! I had no idea you were doing that. (You probs did tell me but you know what my sieve brain is like :colondollar: ) That's amazing to be doing that :hugs:

No its totally fine, I don't think I did tbh :hugs: Am starting officially on Wednesday. Not sure how/if I will cope though. It's a 12 hour shift 8pm-8am :sigh: Kept forgetting to say, really sorry you had a bad night, you must be exhausted :console: Hope you have a good day today, though, and feel ok :hugs:
No its totally fine, I don't think I did tbh :hugs: Am starting officially on Wednesday. Not sure how/if I will cope though. It's a 12 hour shift 8pm-8am :sigh: Kept forgetting to say, really sorry you had a bad night, you must be exhausted :console: Hope you have a good day today, though, and feel ok :hugs:

Oooh exciting! Don't pressurise yourself too much hun - if it becomes too much, your own health has to take priority :hugs: I think you'll do a great job of being empathetic and sympathetic and a good listener though :love:

Thanks hun, am quite tired :colondollar: Tasha is on her way to see me though, so am bouncing off the walls with excitement :biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin:
Oooh exciting! Don't pressurise yourself too much hun - if it becomes too much, your own health has to take priority :hugs: I think you'll do a great job of being empathetic and sympathetic and a good listener though :love:

Thanks hun, am quite tired :colondollar: Tasha is on her way to see me though, so am bouncing off the walls with excitement :biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin:

Thanks hun. Dunno if I've got it in me any more :erm: am in my own bubble these days :emo:
ah yes, have an amaaaaaazing time, as I know you will. Tell her to pop over to see me on her way back :lol: :tongue: :hugs:
Thanks hun. Dunno if I've got it in me any more :erm: am in my own bubble these days :emo:
ah yes, have an amaaaaaazing time, as I know you will. Tell her to pop over to see me on her way back :lol: :tongue: :hugs:

I have faith in you lovely but equally I don't want you to feel stuck and like you can't back out if you need to. See how it goes and if it can't continue for whatever reason, that's OK! :hugs:

:teehee: Will do. Will take a selfie and PM you the pic on Facebook :awesome:
I have faith in you lovely but equally I don't want you to feel stuck and like you can't back out if you need to. See how it goes and if it can't continue for whatever reason, that's OK! :hugs:

:teehee: Will do. Will take a selfie and PM you the pic on Facebook :awesome:

Thanks for the support hun. Just feel so drained :frown: we will see :yes:
omg yessss do it do it do it. so excited for you :hugs: :smile:
im so tired. physically and emotionally exhausted. :sigh: trying not to cry. meant to be meeting a 'friend' later. haven't seen her in at least 6 months. she messaged me on facebook and basically told me she didn't want to have anything to do with me because I didn't reply to 2 of her texts because I was too busy trying to stay alive. not looking forward to it tbh. aaaand its sort of like a meet up with others who are meeting for the first time so that's a bit :erm: just wanna cry over the whole thing. too worn down for this tbh

Latest