The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Bude8
That's the plan :smile: I'm guessing Cambridge will be your firm but what about your insurance?

Bristol for définite.

I'd have to choose between them as firms tbh, if I were to receive a Cambridge offer. Because Bristol is a year in industry while abroad, but Cambridge doesn't guarantee any abroad.

But I'd probably have to firm Cambridge just cos of the name and all.
Original post by L'Evil Fish
Bristol for définite.

I'd have to choose between them as firms tbh, if I were to receive a Cambridge offer. Because Bristol is a year in industry while abroad, but Cambridge doesn't guarantee any abroad.

Hmm, I don't know about you but if I were given the opportunity to study at Cambridge I'd take it, just because... Unless you like Bristol a lot more than Cambridge, I can't see why not :lol:
Original post by Bude8
Hmm, I don't know about you but if I were given the opportunity to study at Cambridge I'd take it, just because... Unless you like Bristol a lot more than Cambridge, I can't see why not :lol:

Yeah I'd probably have to just cos
Original post by Bude8
The only reason I applied is because my parents wanted me to. I have no interest in London at all, nor do I like it. I have an offer from my (essentially) first choice already so, which came 3rd this year for Chemical Engineering in the UK... 2nd and 1st were probably Imperial and Cambridge though :lol:

Oh fair :smile:
If I won the lottery I'd withdraw my Cambridge application and apply for ICL instead

Posted from TSR Mobile
Hey guys, how're you all doing?:tongue:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Half term tomorrow :biggrin:
Reply 2726
Original post by Bude8

Same:awesome:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Undisclosed 15
If it was me, I would just work harder at A2 to ensure you get an A, rather than utilise precious time on C2. Having said that, if your weakness was logs or differentiation, A2 will improve you at these topics so it might be worth retaking C2

Posted from TSR Mobile

My issue is more that as it stands I'm about 5 UMS off a B, so I have basically no room for error in A2. My main weakness was trig, which I suppose there is quite a bit of in A2...

Original post by furryface12
I retook C2 and it really added no pressure whatsoever- I did a couple of practice papers and that was it, you'll have built on it all in the later modules so there really won't be much revision to be done! In the end I wouldn't have got an A in maths had I not retaken it, so it was definitely worthwhile for me and I think it probably would be for most people! :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Oh okay cool - did having to re-learn geometric series etc not take up much time then?
Original post by Bude8

2 weeks offfff
2 weeks offfff

Two weeks!
Only have one :unimpressed:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Leechayy
Two weeks!
Only have one :unimpressed:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Wahaaaaaay

Unlucky
Reply 2731
Original post by Elm Tree
If you guys lived in London would you go to a university inside or outside of London?

Outside 100%
Original post by Georgiecat
My issue is more that as it stands I'm about 5 UMS off a B, so I have basically no room for error in A2. My main weakness was trig, which I suppose there is quite a bit of in A2...

Oh okay cool - did having to re-learn geometric series etc not take up much time then?

Nope, I did a few extra questions on them (I'd borrowed a textbook from school) I think but other than that I got back into them pretty quickly, probably more so than i had in the first place if I'm honest :tongue:

2 weeks offfff

Two?!
Nope, I did a few extra questions on them (I'd borrowed a textbook from school) I think but other than that I got back into them pretty quickly, probably more so than i had in the first place if I'm honest :tongue:

Two?!

Yeboi

Two weeks of no work basically

Well one day I'll do all my hw
Yeboi

Two weeks of no work basically

Well one day I'll do all my hw

You'll be able to get it all done in a day? Used to take me much longer than that! What subjects are you doing now, physics chem and FM or something else as well?
You'll be able to get it all done in a day? Used to take me much longer than that! What subjects are you doing now, physics chem and FM or something else as well?

Physics, chem fm and self teaching French. She gave me three essays to do for french because I haven't done anything...

So yeah, shouldn't take too long

Few hours max
Wahaaaaaay

Unlucky

:colonhash:
Guess my holiday's mainly C3 and NM coursework after all :dontknow:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Physics, chem fm and self teaching French. She gave me three essays to do for french because I haven't done anything...

So yeah, shouldn't take too long

Few hours max

Fair enough, it would still take me a long time! The essays especially :redface:
Just have Cambridge firm and Bath insurance if you get in

Living the dream

had a friend who was like that.

Firm: Cambridge HSPS
Insurance: LSE (whatever their PPE equivalent is)

Bristol for définite.

you don't HAVE to take Cambridge just for the name. I mean, from what I've heard from my girlfriend, she's envying people who go to sheffield right now...
Original post by Guills on wheels
had a friend who was like that.

Firm: Cambridge HSPS
Insurance: LSE (whatever their PPE equivalent is)

you don't HAVE to take Cambridge just for the name. I mean, from what I've heard from my girlfriend, she's envying people who go to sheffield right now...

Yeah but I will. It's not a bad thing

Latest