The Student Room Group

Civil service fast stream 2014/2015

Scroll to see replies

Reply 560
Just completed the E-tray. Emails section was probably harder than the written section, so don't know how that has affected me, but the written section was really fun! It felt just like a real scenario at work and I almost forgot it was a test until I looked at the timer... Mostly as I had the the same copy/paste issue.

Remember, if you can't copy from Word to the email, copy to the notepad first and then you can copy it!

Now I can relax and wait. No pressure.
Reply 561
Hi everyone. I also completed the e-tray today. I agree that it was kind of 'fun' - ok, it's not the right word exactly..!

Like many others, I had never done an assessment of that kind, so it was certainly interesting. I did have a HUGE panic in the middle of the email response section, where my browser froze for a full two minutes (I had only answered maybe half of the questions) and I thought it would auto-submit my answers but then PHEW it just came back to life!

I did find it harder than the practice though, and the whole thing was really slow to load which is quite frustrating when you're against the clock and the document won't load.

Glad it's over! Now a loooong wait to look forward to.... :rolleyes:
(edited 9 years ago)
Original post by kat.lev
Hi everyone. I also completed the e-tray today. I agree that it was kind of 'fun' - ok, it's not the right word exactly..!

Like many others, I had never done an assessment of that kind, so it was certainly interesting. I did have a HUGE panic in the middle of the email response section, where my browser froze for a full two minutes (I had only answered maybe half of the questions) and I thought it would auto-submit my answers but then PHEW it just came back to life!

I did find it harder than the practice though, and the whole thing was really slow to load which is quite frustrating when you're against the clock and the document won't load.

Glad it's over! Now a loooong wait to look forward too.... :rolleyes:

Thanks you came back! Everyone is in the identical situation, as you’re. It’s sad that your computer caught up in the middle, but it’s not a problem if you have submitted replies to all the emails and I am positive that you have responded them precisely.

Gear up for the next stage!
Guys and girls I need some help! I'm applying for the generalist stream and my numerical results were under top 65%. I used the cubiks practice tests which were quite easy but the self assessment numerical tests were much harder.

I went through the GCSE bitesize site to learn percentage techniques but couldn't apply them appropriately in the tests. Can someone recommend me some good resources to help with the maths and get into the top bracket before I do the real tests?

Thanks
Original post by jamal_azizi
Guys and girls I need some help! I'm applying for the generalist stream and my numerical results were under top 65%. I used the cubiks practice tests which were quite easy but the self assessment numerical tests were much harder.

I went through the GCSE bitesize site to learn percentage techniques but couldn't apply them appropriately in the tests. Can someone recommend me some good resources to help with the maths and get into the top bracket before I do the real tests?

Thanks

Try assessment day!

Posted from TSR Mobile

Thanks

http://www.assessmentday.co.uk

Posted from TSR Mobile
Does anyone know what the minimum scores u need for verbal/numerical/questionnaire/e-tray?
Does anyone know what the minimum scores u need for verbal/numerical/questionnaire/e-tray?

They don't tell what's the minimum score they set to proceed to the next stage. I strongly advise you to prepare for online selection tests in a way that have to attempt those 100% correctly.

Posted from TSR Mobile

It varies on the scheme sadly :sadnod:
Thanks Shabaz. Do u think the free ones are good enough or should I buy the practice material?
Original post by Slowbro93
It varies on the scheme sadly :sadnod:

Minimum score for generalist?
Reply 571
From last year's thread:

(Original post by MartinScorsese)
The consensus on pass marks for the online tests:
GFS: Average (Numerical/Verbal) High (Competency)
EFS: High (N/V) Very Low (C)
TiB: Average (N/V) Low (C)

I don't think the scores required in the online tests were that high for GFS, it was the competency test that required a good score, over 60-5% I think. Keep practising and good luck!

PS - I should add that these figures are based on people who failed posting their scores for comparison.
(edited 9 years ago)
Thanks Shabaz. Do u think the free ones are good enough or should I buy the practice material?

Depends upon you. I preferred only free ones and these were good enough.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 573
can anyone tell me whether the eTray for the GFS is similar to that used by Deloitte?

still waiting on numerical/verbal results though.....
Original post by chjw51
can anyone tell me whether the eTray for the GFS is similar to that used by Deloitte?

still waiting on numerical/verbal results though.....

In Fast Stream's e-tray they give you four choices and you have to reply with most and least suitable ones. Deloitte follow the same pattern as both the tests are set by cubiks.

Try this practice test:

http://www.cubiksonline.com/Cubiks/Etray3/Instructions/ShowInstructionsForEtray
(edited 9 years ago)
Has anyone heard their result from the e-tray?
Original post by madl24903
Has anyone heard their result from the e-tray?

I am waiting for these (e-tray results) anxiously. Did you get yours?
Original post by Shahbaz Ahmad
I am waiting for these (e-tray results) anxiously. Did you get yours?

Not yet. Did my e-tray yesterday for commercial and finance. Having not heard one business day after, I think I've survived the sudden chop!
Original post by madl24903
Not yet. Did my e-tray yesterday for commercial and finance. Having not heard one business day after, I think I've survived the sudden chop!

I am under GFS and D&T schemes. So, I shall have o wait more than you shall do as Commercial and Finance Fast Stream closed on 30/09/2014. Wish you best of luck with your results.
Reply 579
To those who already had their EAC: was it more or less challenging than you had expected it to be? I am freaking out a bit as I know I won't be able to revise all of the micro and macro and 'best area' in time for my AC so can either focus on SAQs or the favorite bit of economics... Any advice would be hugely appreciated (even general remarks can calm me down :smile:).

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending