The Student Room Group

This discussion is now closed.

Check out other Related discussions

Mental Health Support Society Mk XIV

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Noodlzzz
How did it go? :hugs:

Not very well. Hospital is on the cards. I'm seeing him again on Wednesday and he will decide then what to do. He said I had hardly any insight and that I was really unwell which I completely disagree with. He wouldn't even let me go home by myself he called my girlfriend to come and collect me.
Original post by senz72
Changed module at uni as I was finding the previous one too difficult (failed the pre-requisite at my first attempt.)

Have got a seminar for it and work to do despite not being in those lectures for obvious reasons. How screwed am I?

Don't panic, email the module co-ordinator and the person who is taking the seminar and explain your situation. Tell them that you've recent transferred to the module and therefore haven't been able to go to all the lectures. That way they'll know that there is a proper reason why you won't be able to do all the work, and they might also be able to send you some resources that can help you catch up :hugs:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by bullettheory
Not very well. Hospital is on the cards. I'm seeing him again on Wednesday and he will decide then what to do. He said I had hardly any insight and that I was really unwell which I completely disagree with. He wouldn't even let me go home by myself he called my girlfriend to come and collect me.

:jumphug:
hopefully hospital is put off, but if your psych thinks it will help then hes doing whats best for you
:lovehug:
Original post by Team_McDreamy
one of the most frustrating things about getting ill is the amount of resulting appointments and time you have to give over to it - i have an exam in less than a week, and yet am going back and forwards between the doctors and students services and my halls several times this week :frown: am losing at least 5 hours of studying time :frown:

That's so true :hugs: At one point it was normal for me to miss 3 days of college a week for appointments, didn't help that the place I went to was really out of the way so I spent more time travelling there than actually being there.
Anyone got any knowledge on whether Rescue remedy works? I tried the chewing gum today, it says "The Bach Flower Remedies are a safe and natural method of healing. They gently restore the balance between mind and body by casting out negative emotions, such as, fear, worry, hatred and indecision which interfere with the equilibrium of the being as a whole."

I haven't felt any positive effect from it whatsoever. How are they allowed to market this crap? It's blatant misselling.
Original post by Anonymous #2
That's so true :hugs: At one point it was normal for me to miss 3 days of college a week for appointments, didn't help that the place I went to was really out of the way so I spent more time travelling there than actually being there.

yeah, the combined GP/hospital that we go to here is at least 30 minutes walk away, so its an hour round trip, and the initial appointment I'm going for is an hour long :frown:
Original post by james1211
Anyone got any knowledge on whether Rescue remedy works? I tried the chewing gum today, it says "The Bach Flower Remedies are a safe and natural method of healing. They gently restore the balance between mind and body by casting out negative emotions, such as, fear, worry, hatred and indecision which interfere with the equilibrium of the being as a whole."

I haven't felt any positive effect from it whatsoever. How are they allowed to market this crap? It's blatant misselling.

remember that its marketed for people with occasional anxiety and worry, not people with clinical conditions. also a lot of people find it useful purely because they want it to work - the placebo effect. i used it during my A level exams because by that point i was having regular panic attacks and it was sort of a comfort blanket - much like my propanolol is now.
The small compliments can make all the difference, two of my lecturers told me that I'm a good student and appreciate how much I care :moon:
Original post by bullettheory

hugs. hope you're better soon chick.

Bleh. Feel rough.
remember that its marketed for people with occasional anxiety and worry, not people with clinical conditions. also a lot of people find it useful purely because they want it to work - the placebo effect. i used it during my A level exams because by that point i was having regular panic attacks and it was sort of a comfort blanket - much like my propanolol is now.

Maybe it's time to go see the doctor again to try a different POM :/

I tried it and it did nothing. The one I had tasted vile as well.

How are you doing? :')
thanks hun :redface: just terrified that they'll think I'm completely normal and send me away :frown: I've waited so long for this referral. and tbh i am struggling a lot with my body image atm, so i feel like there is a problem - but my head just won't accept it and won't let me say anything :frown:

I would be absolutely certain that they won't think or do that. It's a very common way to feel though, I felt exactly the same before I had my appointments, I was sure they'd just say I was fine and to 'go back if it gets any worse' or something. But they didn't say that, at all, and they won't say that to you.

If you can, try to tell them those fears - I told my GP how scared I was that I'd get turned down for help because I wasn't 'bad enough' or that if I gained anything at all then they'd just assume I was fine, and she was really reassuring about it and explained why they would think so. So do try to talk to them about it, they're there to help you and they will recognise that you're struggling. x
Original post by lauraaaaa
I tried it and it did nothing. The one I had tasted vile as well.

How are you doing? :')

Stuff like that should be illegal, it's false advertising. Or it should be made to state it works only through placebo.

Ehh, alright. Final year sucks :redface:

Too much workload. You?

In my opinion it's *******s, even if there was a medicinal quality to the plant, the way they dilute it down so much you're lucky if there's even a few molecules of the plant in there

Posted from TSR Mobile
Recipe for cheering up an unhappy wolfie:
- 2 bananas
- 2 shots espresso
- milk
- dark muscovado sugar
- a dash of vanilla extract

I call it the banoffee iced coffee. :proud:
Stuff like that should be illegal, it's false advertising. Or it should be made to state it works only through placebo.

Ehh, alright. Final year sucks :redface:

Too much workload. You?

They make money out of it so I guess it'll always be there! I hate my course at uni if I'm being honest :lol: so much to do
yeah, the combined GP/hospital that we go to here is at least 30 minutes walk away, so its an hour round trip, and the initial appointment I'm going for is an hour long :frown:

9/10 times it's a pain but after a difficult appointment it can be nice to have a stroll home. Hope the appointment goes ok :smile:
Original post by Odd socks
In my opinion it's *******s, even if there was a medicinal quality to the plant, the way they dilute it down so much you're lucky if there's even a few molecules of the plant in there

Posted from TSR Mobile

I don't really know what it is, is it a plant extract? A few molecules doesn't sound enough to work...

From now on unless it has some active ingredient listed in mg i'm not going to bother with it. As clearly this has no active ingredient in it, just "4 drops of RESCUE" as the label says. That could be dandelion and burdock for all we care!

Original post by superwolf
- 2 bananas
- 2 shots espresso
- milk
- dark muscovado sugar

This sounds incredible! How do make do tell please!! :excited:

Original post by lauraaaaa
They make money out of it so I guess it'll always be there! I hate my course at uni if I'm being honest :lol: so much to do

Oh no i thought you were excited about it? Remember it's only first year, you should be enjoying it not working! :tongue:
- 2 bananas
- 2 shots espresso
- milk
- dark muscovado sugar

:love: :love:
- 2 bananas
- 2 shots espresso
- milk
- dark muscovado sugar

Hope you're a bit happier now, that sounds like an amazing drink :smile:
This sounds incredible! How do make do tell please!! :excited:

Make a double espresso. Dissolve as much sugar as you feel you can get away with into it. Blend up the bananas with the milk (how much milk depending on how strong/weak you want it). Add vanilla extract and mix all. Drink straight from the jug. :ninja:

Original post by IDukem
:love: :love:

:lovehug:

Original post by Valvopus
Hope you're a bit happier now, that sounds like an amazing drink :smile:

I'm not gonna lie, it tastes fantastic. :coma:

Latest