The Student Room Group

This discussion is now closed.

Check out other Related discussions

Mental Health Support Society Mk XIV

Scroll to see replies

Original post by IDukem
Okay I'm going to give you the benefit of doubt and you may not know this, but I am taking a huge risk by talking to you.

Unfortunately, you caused a bad impression...a really bad one and then resumed it by not following the rules. You said sorry, I'm a forgiving person and so I accept it. I don't like pushing people away - especially those with mental issues like yourself. But whether it's unintentional or intentional, it doesn't matter, you've hurt people in this thread and now you're paying the price aka everyone is hostile to you and want you gone.

Like said, people makes mistakes and it happens. So I forgive you IF you follow the rules and keep out of arguing. It seems that when people don't have the same point of view as you, you get very angry. Now I could be very wrong and you could actually be a nice person, but that's my perception of you on this thread. The only way to get people to help you is to try and be nice or at least be civil back.

I wish you the best of luck cause everyone deserves to be happy, but my tip is to think about what you say before actually saying it cause you may accidentally crush someone's/several peoples feelings.

This has happened my whole life. Most of the time I don't even know what I've done wrong. I'm just being myself and everyone hates me for it. I get hostility and judgment wherever I go. Even in public people give me dirty looks and I don't know why. I don't even have to do anything and people automatically ostracise me.
Original post by superwolf
:hugs: :hugs: :hugs: Could you ask her to make you a cup of tea or something? Might make her feel useful and less likely to get annoyed (could be she doesn't like not being able to do anything to help). :smile:

Might do, that's a good idea thanks :hugs: Just don't know what to do, everything's scary and wrong :frown:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Asexual Demigod
And like I just said, they'll just lock me up again, shove pills down my neck (or forcibly inject me if I refuse) and treat me with disdain.

Take it from someone who's been there- they'll only do things if its in your best interests (as hard as it is to see at the time) to do it. And you're coming across as quite hostile again- I am trying to help.
Original post by furryface12
Might do, that's a good idea thanks :hugs: Just don't know what to do, everything's scary and wrong :frown:

Posted from TSR Mobile

:console: Got a comforting movie or something you could watch?
Original post by Odd socks
It's so difficult! Any tips on how to interpret the gibberish that is CNS? :puppyeyes:

Posted from TSR Mobile

you're studying the physiology, right? i break it down into chunks and learn each chunk as a flow diagram. for example, I'm currently learning the CSF circulation in the brain, and my lecturer has given me a giant paragraph of detail about it - but I'm learning it as
choroid plexus ependymal cells --> ventricles --> apertures --> subarachnoid space --> arachnoid granulations --> superior sagittal sinus
so its much simpler to manage!
or the lateral corticospinal tracts -
motor cortex --> lateral internal capsule --> crus cerebri --> decussates in ventral pyramids --> spinal cord --> distal muscles --> postural set
i hope i'm making any sense here :tongue:
Original post by Team_McDreamy
you're studying the physiology, right? i break it down into chunks and learn each chunk as a flow diagram. for example, I'm currently learning the CSF circulation in the brain, and my lecturer has given me a giant paragraph of detail about it - but I'm learning it as
choroid plexus ependymal cells --> ventricles --> apertures --> subarachnoid space --> arachnoid granulations --> superior sagittal sinus
so its much simpler to manage!
or the lateral corticospinal tracts -
motor cortex --> lateral internal capsule --> crus cerebri --> decussates in ventral pyramids --> spinal cord --> distal muscles --> postural set
i hope i'm making any sense here :tongue:

Tell me more about these arachnoid granulations! :teeth:

It sounds like a really cool name. :redface:
Original post by furryface12

Posted from TSR Mobile

Big hugs lovely. :hugs: Can you coory up with a film or a good book? :console:
Original post by james1211
Hmm do I do work for my Tuesday deadline or attend a stress workshop?

Posted from TSR Mobile

What's the workshop about? :ninja: And is it a long workshop? :ninja:
Original post by Asexual Demigod
This has happened my whole life. Most of the time I don't even know what I've done wrong. I'm just being myself and everyone hates me for it. I get hostility and judgment wherever I go. Even in public people give me dirty looks and I don't know why. I don't even have to do anything and people automatically ostracise me.

I have to go a lecture, so I'll have to be quick (I'm sorry for this). But the hostility can be a result of you saying things before actually thinking! Now I know that some mental health disorders can cause you to this so it may not be entirely your fault. I know this is a broken record, but a trip to the GP or therapist etc, could be very beneficial for you right now.

Like I said I'm forgiving, but if this happens a third time, then I'll have no choice but to wash my hands.

I wish you luck and now I have a two hour lecture >.<
:console: Got a comforting movie or something you could watch?

I might do, think I'll eat something then say I'mm going to bed for a bit and curl up and do that or listen to music or something. Laptop isn't working though which is just annoying :redface:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Should I request a perma ban from this forum?

I feel like I'm addicted to the instant gratification it offers. I should be out in the real world bettering myself and making friends.

You've all been good to me on here but I don't real life friendships will come of it.

Should I just stop coming on here and focus on my hobbies, making friends at the autism centre in town and volunteering?
Original post by nohomo
Should I request a perma ban from this forum?

I feel like I'm addicted to the instant gratification it offers. I should be out in the real world bettering myself and making friends.

You've all been good to me on here but I don't real life friendships will come of it.

Should I just stop coming on here and focus on my hobbies, making friends at the autism centre in town and volunteering?

If you genuinely think not coming on here will improve your social life in the real world, then sure. But if you cut yourself off online, and don't make the effort in real life either, you might find yourself feeling pretty lonely. :s-smilie:
If you genuinely think not coming on here will improve your social life in the real world, then sure. But if you cut yourself off online, and don't make the effort in real life either, you might find yourself feeling pretty lonely. :s-smilie:

That was a concern I had :s-smilie:

It's difficult
Tell me more about these arachnoid granulations! :teeth:

It sounds like a really cool name. :redface:

hehe, really cool name for not that cool a structure :tongue: they're just little connections between a layer of the brain meninges (coverings) that allow the CSF to pass from the subarachnoid space into a large vein to drain away. the arachnoid mater (the second layer of the meninges) is just called that because it has little projections and so it can be thought of as 'spidery' - and the subarachnoid space is the space between the second and third layers of the meninges :smile: you can see the granulations as little holes in the internal surface of the skull
Original post by nohomo
That was a concern I had :s-smilie:

It's difficult

Well you can request a week's ban as a tester, or just try using willpower?
hehe, really cool name for not that cool a structure :tongue: they're just little connections between a layer of the brain meninges (coverings) that allow the CSF to pass from the subarachnoid space into a large vein to drain away. the arachnoid mater (the second layer of the meninges) is just called that because it has little projections and so it can be thought of as 'spidery' - and the subarachnoid space is the space between the second and third layers of the meninges :smile: you can see the granulations as little holes in the internal surface of the skull

There's too much spider in there, far too close to my brain for my liking... :afraid: :tongue: :hugs:
How important is the deadline? And do they run the workshop multiple times, or is it a one-off?

It's my dissertation proposal and I've not started :colondollar: I think the workshop runs again but the notice board thing for the dates is gone so I don't know when!

Posted from TSR Mobile

*imagines scuttling brain bits* :tongue:

Good explanation by the way. :smile:
Original post by james1211
It's my dissertation proposal and I've not started :colondollar: I think the workshop runs again but the notice board thing for the dates is gone so I don't know when!

Posted from TSR Mobile

You could email the people running the workshops and ask when the next one is? Or contact the disability support office if you don't know who to email. :smile:
Original post by tasha96
There's too much spider in there, far too close to my brain for my liking... :afraid: :tongue: :hugs:

hahaaa tbh the brain is fascinating but it hurts my brain to think about it too much :tongue:

*imagines scuttling brain bits* :tongue:

Good explanation by the way. :smile:

yeah, there are three layers/maters - dura, arachnoid, pia. the dura is really fibrous AKA the tough mother. the arachnoid has the little projections AKA spidery mother. and the pia is really delicate AKA the soft mother. i love how they all relate back to latin :smile:

and thank you :colondollar: i wasn't sure how much detail to put in there cause I'm not sure whether you're as much of a science nerd as me :tongue:

Latest