Was feeling unsafe so called up a friend and we went swimming. Phew

2nd day no alcohol

Now waiting at bus stop with a load of drunk leery men :frown:
Original post by Cinnie
Was feeling unsafe so called up a friend and we went swimming. Phew

2nd day no alcohol

Now waiting at bus stop with a load of drunk leery men :frown:

:frown: :hugs:
At least you managed to something good :smile:.
Think I'll try to go swimming this weekend.
Original post by nohomo
:frown:

How long have you been sober?

Since June, so 4 months.

I was so much happier when I drank, and I actually didn't feel like crap afterwards.
I just came back to my normal depressed level.
Original post by senz72
Since June, so 4 months.

I was so much happier when I drank, and I actually didn't feel like crap afterwards.
I just came back to my normal depressed level.

Nice one with the four months! :smile:

If nothing else it should help your long term health obviously and help with weight.

It's difficult for me to judge how not drinking is affecting me as my new maximum dose of antidepressant could still be kicking in and my life has become less stressful. But I feel better.

There was a certain low that I feel alcohol might've contributed to with me and obviously I lost a lot of time drunk or passed out/blacked out that could maybe have been spent improving my future or doing something more fulfilling.

Don't know what to recommend for you other than the usual medication changes, exercise,
hobbies, omega 3, good diet...

I'm really not a role model obviously but the stuff above has made me feel better at times and there seems to be research supporting those suggestions as you'll know. Sorry if those suggestions like exercise don't fit your current motivation and time constraints.

But although my life isn't outwardly one to aspire to now I do feel pretty good and I think that could be down to my med combination and being alcohol free and regular light exercise. Still have sad times like going to bed yesterday afternoon from 1-4pm and just doing nothing at times.

Don't mean to be an annoyingly keen bean :tongue:

Just trying to help/be there dawg
It's weird how when you;re at school/college/Uni and you talk to loads of people and get along well with them. Yet when you try and talk to them on Facebook or whatever, they seem really disinterested. Forever wondering where I stand.

Meeeeh.
anyone around for a chat?
Original post by IDukem
It's weird how when you;re at school/college/Uni and you talk to loads of people and get along well with them. Yet when you try and talk to them on Facebook or whatever, they seem really disinterested. Forever wondering where I stand.

Meeeeh.

I wouldn't take it personally, I don't like talking to people on Facebook unless I know them well, otherwise I feel really awkward :dontknow:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Odd socks
I wouldn't take it personally, I don't like talking to people on Facebook unless I know them well, otherwise I feel really awkward :dontknow:

Posted from TSR Mobile

I mean the chat section. I'm not annoyed or anything like that, just confused. I usually chat on Facebook chat as if it's face-2-face...or something similar anyway.

I'm receiving mixed signals in real life to be fair, so I'm even more confused :redface:
has anyone conquered generalised anxiety disorder ?
Original post by guitaristemily
anyone around for a chat?

i'm about munchkin. Mood is through the floor, so i'm not the most talkative of people atm.
Not feeling very safe :cry:
Original post by Mazzini
Not feeling very safe :cry:

Home now. Come and chat lovely. :hugs:
Original post by games211
has anyone conquered generalised anxiety disorder ?

Not conquered, but gained some control over it; therapy and meds.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Not sure if it's the sugar from the orange juice but I'm feeling creepily positive :biggrin: Just going to run with it and see how much I can get done.
Sat in the library trying to get work done, and my low mood is just creeping further and further in again -.-
Saw something I didn't want to see today :/ I just want to sleep until certain things are over...
feeling pretty **** recently, but got so much to do. urgh
Original post by james1211
If you're sure you wouldn't mind, that would be really helpful thanks! I'd not heard about DSA until now, when i went to change my student finance household income. Applying for things like that scares me, cause i always assume they'll think i'm lying or something :frown:

Couldn't send it in a PM so I've uploaded a version without my details on it for you :smile:
Original post by Deyesy
Couldn't send it in a PM so I've uploaded a version without my details on it for you :smile:

That's really useful mate, thanks loads! Even if I don't end up going down the DSA route I think it's sensible to show a letter to my uni to make them aware just in case.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Still havent made it to the post box. :sigh:

Latest