The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Stressing about schoolwork so I come onto TSR for a break, I'm greeted by maths, and not even nice maths.
What are people up to this half term? :smile:
Original post by Little Tail Chaser

Revision/homework ........ Well just procrastinating from doing any of it really

Posted from TSR Mobile

Off on holiday- no h/w for me!

Posted from TSR Mobile

I'm going to finish A Storm of Swords or be eaten by my friend (she read the entire series in 6 weeks while I was still in the part of the series that I found boring, being a show-watcher) :tongue:
Original post by MangoFreak
I'm going to finish A Storm of Swords or be eaten by my friend (she read the entire series in 6 weeks while I was still in the part of the series that I found boring, being a show-watcher) :tongue:

How can you read the books

I started before summer, got half way through the first... Still half way through the first lol
Reply 2826
Half term hurray :biggrin:
Original post by L'Evil Fish
How can you read the books

I started before summer, got half way through the first... Still half way through the first lol

The books are way better than the show, and the show is ****ing amazing, so you can see how much I love the books.

It took me like a year to finish the first book, I think because I was reading it with the intent of seeing how it compared to the show rather than with the intent of reading a good book (plus the first season was quite faithful to the book so there wasn't a huge deal of interesting stuff happening for me). Then it took me another 6 months to get through the first half of the second book, before my friend started reading the books (she hadn't seen the show yet) and finished them. At that point I was like, "**** it I'll start reading more I've been sad that I don't read as much anymore anyway" and soon realised that the books are incredible.
The books are way better than the show, and the show is ****ing amazing, so you can see how much I love the books.

It took me like a year to finish the first book, I think because I was reading it with the intent of seeing how it compared to the show rather than with the intent of reading a good book (plus the first season was quite faithful to the book so there wasn't a huge deal of interesting stuff happening for me). Then it took me another 6 months to get through the first half of the second book, before my friend started reading the books (she hadn't seen the show yet) and finished them. At that point I was like, "**** it I'll start reading more I've been sad that I don't read as much anymore anyway" and soon realised that the books are incredible.

I just can't read now I've watched it lol
Seeing perfect pitch in action still amazes me...
I just can't read now I've watched it lol

Well that's what I'm saying, once you're through the first book the rest of the series is awesome.
Quickly being reminded of why I dislike school breaks :colonhash: It's so lonely...
Well that's what I'm saying, once you're through the first book the rest of the series is awesome.

But I can't do it :cry2:
Quickly being reminded of why I dislike school breaks :colonhash: It's so lonely...

I've been off for a week already. Had some sort of depressive breakdown for few days but then I thought **** sadness. Party tomorrow... Should stop any lonely feels. Might try meet up with a friend next week or something

Maybe you should do something with someone?
hmmmm which chapter from C3 should I start revising first ??? Think I'm going to with chapter 1 or 8 ( aka the easy ones )
But I can't do it :cry2:

I've been off for a week already. Had some sort of depressive breakdown for few days but then I thought **** sadness. Party tomorrow... Should stop any lonely feels. Might try meet up with a friend next week or something

Maybe you should do something with someone?

I'm just annoyed that my friends are playing the new Civilisation without me (I can't afford it) :tongue: I actually went to the cinema with people yesterday :lol: My friend has a birthday party on Monday too.

I can hardly complain; I have a friend who fell off her motorcycle and had to be alone in hospital for 3 weeks - she's out of hospital now, but she doesn't start school again until after half term.

I'm just playing Smite by myself :mmm:
Original post by sarahiscool
hmmmm which chapter from C3 should I start revising first ??? Think I'm going to with chapter 1 or 8 ( aka the easy ones )

Hardest ones first
University Offers - Help?

Q1) If you meet a university entry requirement and your personal statement is very good, you would norm be offered a place right?

Q2) How many grades below a university entry requirement would a uni consider you for a conditional offer? - with the assumption you have a strong reference + Personal statement?

Q3) Can other universities see where else you have applied to OR is that information not available to Uni's?

Q4) If you go into Clearing will universities only consider grades or would they consider your personal statement/reference at that stage? Are remaining places offered
to candidates based on first come first serve assuming you meet the entry requirements?
(edited 9 years ago)
Original post by XxKingSniprxX

Q1) If you meet a university entry requirement and your personal statement is very good - Offered a place right?

Q2) How many grades below a university entry requirement would a uni consider you for a conditional offer?

Q3) Can other universities see where else you have applied to OR is that information not available to Uni's?

Unis cannot see where else you have applied
Original post by XxKingSniprxX

Q1) If you meet a university entry requirement and your personal statement is very good, you would norm be offered a place right?

Q2) How many grades below a university entry requirement would a uni consider you for a conditional offer? - with the assumption you have a strong reference + Personal statement?

Q4) If you go into Clearing will universities only consider grades or would they consider your personal statement/reference at that stage? Are remaining places offered
to candidates based on first come first serve assuming you meet the entry requirements?

Q1. Yes
Q2. Depends on the uni, if they see your grades are below entry requirements they may reject you right off the bat. There are some exceptional cases though.
Q3. No
Q4. I still don't really know what clearing is
Original post by Bude8
Q1. Yes
Q2. Depends on the uni, if they see your grades are below entry requirements they may reject you right off the bat. There are some exceptional cases though.
Q3. No
Q4. I still don't really know what clearing is

Clearing is basically

When you miss your firm and insurance

And so you have no uni place

But unis still have spaces to fill

So you can apply to them basically

Latest