The Student Room Group

Written work

I'm applying to Oxford and I've downloaded the written work cover sheet. In the representative from school section, it asks for the rep's signature, the date and a stamp. Is that the school stamp they're asking for? Is it absolutely necessary the stamp must be present?
Original post by Ashtwe
I'm applying to Oxford and I've downloaded the written work cover sheet. In the representative from school section, it asks for the rep's signature, the date and a stamp. Is that the school stamp they're asking for? Is it absolutely necessary the stamp must be present?

Hi, I also need to fill in a cover sheet, I don't know the answer to your question sorry!
But do you know who has to fill in that bit? I thought the teacher who had set you the essay would fill it in but it says "school representative" which seems like it should be someone higher up?
Reply 2
Original post by emily_12345
Hi, I also need to fill in a cover sheet, I don't know the answer to your question sorry!
But do you know who has to fill in that bit? I thought the teacher who had set you the essay would fill it in but it says "school representative" which seems like it should be someone higher up?

Hmm...It's probably the teacher who set the essay. That's who I'm asking anyhow, because nobody other than her knows of my application. If you're unsure, I guess you could contact the uni directly, but I'm asking my teacher to sign. It doesn't make sense, asking the teacher to do the first bit of the cover sheet then asking the rep to sign:smile:
Reply 3
Which course are you applying for anyways? English?
Original post by Ashtwe
Which course are you applying for anyways? English?

Thanks for your reply, I'll probably just get my subject teacher to fill it in :smile:

Modern languages, so I need to send an essay in German and one in English, how about you?
Reply 5
Thanks for your reply, I'll probably just get my subject teacher to fill it in :smile:

Modern languages, so I need to send an essay in German and one in English, how about you?

English Language and Literature. Currently preparing(if Elat can be prepared for) for the ELAT exam:smile:
Original post by Ashtwe
English Language and Literature. Currently preparing(if Elat can be prepared for) for the ELAT exam:smile:

I bet that's fun, haha

I'm preparing for the MLAT, it's come around so quickly!
Reply 7
I bet that's fun, haha
I'm preparing for the MLAT, it's come around so quickly!

I know!! When I saw the date in April I thought to myself "That's ages away!" Now it seems like I haven't done half the things I was supposed to and am rushing through, full speed ahead!
Reply 8
I've got a couple of doubts about the essays we send to Oxford:
1. Does the word limit of 2000 include the question as well? If not, I'm safe.
2. In the Cover sheet, the title of the written work would be the question right?
For example: "In his book 'The Mayor Casterbridge', Hardy gives a true account of a man's emotions. Discuss.
Would this be my title?
3. 'What assistance was the applicant given?' Do they mean by the teacher?
4. Can the essay be written on a ruled sheet of paper or are plain sheets compulsory? Also, should it be handwritten?

Please reply ASAP
(edited 9 years ago)
Reply 9
I've written an essay for my application to Oxford and it's been marked by my teacher as well. Now, I need to scan the handwritten work and send it right?
Please reply ASAP.
(edited 9 years ago)
Reply 10
This is going to sound silly, but I submitted an open application to Oxford. On the cover sheet for my written work, do I write the name of the college which has received my application or do I write 'open'?
Original post by Ashtwe
I've written an essay for my application to Oxford and it's been marked by my teacher as well. Now, I need to scan the handwritten work and send it right?
Please reply ASAP.

Jep!
Make sure to attach the cover sheet, too :smile:
Original post by Ashtwe
This is going to sound silly, but I submitted an open application to Oxford. On the cover sheet for my written work, do I write the name of the college which has received my application or do I write 'open'?

I wrote the name of the college I was allocated to. This makes sense since the college won't know that you made an open application.
Original post by Ashtwe
I've got a couple of doubts about the essays we send to Oxford:
1. Does the word limit of 2000 include the question as well? If not, I'm safe.
2. In the Cover sheet, the title of the written work would be the question right?
For example: "In his book 'The Mayor Casterbridge', Hardy gives a true account of a man's emotions. Discuss.
Would this be my title?
3. 'What assistance was the applicant given?' Do they mean by the teacher?
4. Can the essay be written on a ruled sheet of paper or are plain sheets compulsory? Also, should it be handwritten?

Please reply ASAP

1. Doesn't include title
2. Correct
3. Teacher, Tutor, Internet Help
4. Any paper is fine, hand written or typed

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending