The Student Room Group

Grade Boundaries Maths Higher Edexcel

Does anyone know the grade boundaries for GCSE MATHS HIGHER ..... How many marks do I need to get a C grade ?

Exams on the 5th november 2014

Would appreciate your help thank you .
u - >9%
d- 10%
c -30%
b - 50%
a- 70%
a*- 85%
(edited 9 years ago)
Original post by Yasmeen11
Does anyone know the grade boundaries for GCSE MATHS HIGHER ..... How many marks do I need to get a C grade ?

Exams on the 5th november 2014

Would appreciate your help thank you .

The grade boundaries are different for every exam and are worked out after the papers are marked and analysed.
Those shown above are a decent estimation of roughly what they are likely to be.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Won't be able to know until much later on in the year but you can have a look at previous grade boundaries to see where the rough boundary is. The most recent grade boundary were:
A*: 164 - 200,
A: 133 - 163,
B: 95 - 132,
C: 57 - 94,
D: 28 - 56,
E: 13 - 27,
U: 0 - 12

All the grade boundaries can be found on the Edexcel website.
Reply 4
Im doing this exam as well and am in yr 12 really stressing out what do you think the topics in the first paper could be??
Reply 5
Original post by rohan taneja
Im doing this exam as well and am in yr 12 really stressing out what do you think the topics in the first paper could be??

Topics like :
- Factor and Primes
-Indices
-Ratio
-standard form
-Factorising
-Expanding brackets
-Translation,reflection,rotation,Enlargement

These topic do come up on the non cal higher tier as well as other subject that would be easy to solve without using calculator ....
Hope this helps and good luck with the exam :smile:
Reply 6
Thanks Really hoping for a B do you think the boundaries will be high or low?

Original post by Yasmeen11
Topics like :
- Factor and Primes
-Indices
-Ratio
-standard form
-Factorising
-Expanding brackets
-Translation,reflection,rotation,Enlargement

These topic do come up on the non cal higher tier as well as other subject that would be easy to solve without using calculator ....
Hope this helps and good luck with the exam :smile:
Reply 7
Original post by rohan taneja
Thanks Really hoping for a B do you think the boundaries will be high or low?

Grade boundaries change every year so I don't really know, better chance of passing if it is low ....

Do you know any websites that do past papers for higher tier ?
Reply 8
yeah mathsgenie.com
x
Reply 9
You shouldn't be aiming for a C. You should aim for an A*. If you get a C for GCSE Higher math, you will get a big shock come A levels. I got an A* for IGCSE Higher level math and I an having a bit of a struggle with Scottish Higher level math(AS Level equivalent).
Original post by gwagon
You shouldn't be aiming for a C. You should aim for an A*. If you get a C for GCSE Higher math, you will get a big shock come A levels. I got an A* for IGCSE Higher level math and I an having a bit of a struggle with Scottish Higher level math(AS Level equivalent).

Maths is hard and I do not think that you are in the position of telling people what they should be aiming for. A 'C' is still a pass and that is all that counts. You do not need to pick maths for A levels it is not always compulsory. Everyone knows that an IGCSE has lower grade boundaries compared to edexcel. Quite frankly, nobody cares what you achieved in maths so stop blowing your own horn!
Reply 11
Original post by 11jojo11
Maths is hard and I do not think that you are in the position of telling people what they should be aiming for. A 'C' is still a pass and that is all that counts.

Wow...you have very low expectations of yourself, don't you?
I wanna know what is our passing grade boundaries are edexcel igcse??
Grade boundaries for the recent exams will be published at the same time as results
Previous boundaries can be found on the Edexcel web site
Reply 14
What topics are going to come up on the new gcse exam ?
Original post by Hhsilva
What topics are going to come up on the new gcse exam ?

Everything you have learned in maths lessons will appear on the exams.
You'll find a list of topics, revision videos and practice questions on the www.mathsgenie.co.uk web site

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending