The Student Room Group

Economics applicants 2015

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Mike_123
I know this was sarcastic but the latter part of your sentence holds some truth.

The UMS aren't perfect, but I'm pretty sure they're good enough
Original post by as421
Yep Y12 - I've got 3 experiences so far under my belt and hopefully another 2 or 3 more within the next year
I've been offered an interview for an outreach scheme but if that doesn't work out i might weigh out my options and see where it takes me (basically if all else fails economics it is) 😁

Posted from TSR Mobile

Ah ok seems like you've got it sorted

Posted from TSR Mobile
Can anyone tell me when I can expect to be told whether or not I'm getting an interview for Econ at King's Cambridge?
Original post by liamc1997
Can anyone tell me when I can expect to be told whether or not I'm getting an interview for Econ at King's Cambridge?

I applied to jesus and they said that they send interview letters in the 2nd and 3rd weeks of November and I'm guessing that they're all similar in their reply times, so you might hear tomorrow mate! haha
Original post by liamc1997

On their application information page it says "[h="2"]Invitation to interviews in Cambridge
(information for 15-30 Nov)"[/h]
so I'm guessing that is the range of dates you should expect to hear about getting an interview or not.
Original post by Follett
Charlton season ticket

Posted from TSR Mobile

Good lad, that's a good investment
Original post by sarah.97
What was your stats? & how did you qualify?

For what?
What was your stats? & how did you qualify?

7A* 4 A at gcse.
AAAAB at as in maths economics biology business chemistry
Predicted A*A*A in maths economics biology
I just received an email from the admissions department offering me an academic scholarship on the basis that I firm them and also I have to get A*AA instead of the AAA they originally offered me

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Dylank
Good lad, that's a good investment

Couldn't agree more

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by jchap9776
I applied to jesus and they said that they send interview letters in the 2nd and 3rd weeks of November and I'm guessing that they're all similar in their reply times, so you might hear tomorrow mate! haha

they send letterS? I'm a Jesus econ applicant too :smile:
Original post by Dylank
For what?

Scholarship / bursary?
Scholarship / bursary?

Scholarship

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by emmelinelu
they send letterS? I'm a Jesus econ applicant too :smile:

Well an email effectively , ah cool what are your stats? :smile:
Original post by slg60
Surely that's not true.

Original post by anonwinner
The UMS aren't perfect, but I'm pretty sure they're good enough

You underestimate the competition at LSE. They could well be good enough it depends on the rest of their application, but I've seen people with incredible scores get rejected.
Original post by Mike_123
You underestimate the competition at LSE. They could well be good enough it depends on the rest of their application, but I've seen people with incredible scores get rejected.

Well that just demonstrates that they care more about the personal statement than having stellar UMS.
I'm now an expert on the current oil price and it's economic effect

Posted from TSR Mobile
Anyone here preparing for a Cambridge interview? How are you preparing?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Does anyone have an offer from Warwick yet?
Original post by kohakz
Does anyone have an offer from Warwick yet?

Me!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending