The Student Room Group

Economics applicants 2015

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Mike_123
I know this was sarcastic but the latter part of your sentence holds some truth.

Hahahahah, which means theres defo no hope for me haha
Original post by JimmyElectron
Me!

:eek:
Well done!Your stats?
Got an interview at Cambridge!!!
Reply 1263
Original post by raymondrayz

Well done! Which college?
got an offer from Nottingham yay!!!! in case i don't get any other offers, which do u think is better, nottingham or exeter? :smile:
Original post by raymondrayz

Woo!!! Congratulations!!!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Could someone tell me whether Warwick or Nottingham require ums scores please? :smile:
Original post by JayTee97
Could someone tell me whether Warwick or Nottingham require ums scores please? :smile:

got an offer from nottingham without UMS just told them my AS grades (AABC :/ )
Original post by anonwinner
Sorry, those GCSEs and UMS percentages just aren't good enough

hm well i thought LSE would have plenty of applicants with more than 90% for each module?
Original post by aditkulkarni
hm well i thought LSE would have plenty of applicants with more than 90% for each module?

That is true, but as someone said previously and in previous years, people with very high UMS are still rejected due to the fact that the personal statement is the most important factor.
That's not to say that high UMS won't help!
Hey guys, sorry to hijack the thread but as many of you are applying to do economics at top unis and I want to do an economics degree. I just want your opinion on the a levels I'm choosing: Maths, Further Maths, Economics, Geography. Are these choices good enough for oxbridge lse or warwick and also I am good at history so will it be better to swap geography for history or is it fine?
Original post by SSpringer20
Hey guys, sorry to hijack the thread but as many of you are applying to do economics at top unis and I want to do an economics degree. I just want your opinion on the a levels I'm choosing: Maths, Further Maths, Economics, Geography. Are these choices good enough for oxbridge lse or warwick and also I am good at history so will it be better to swap geography for history or is it fine?

They're fine. As long as you have Maths, FM and Economics, the fourth is an open option.
Original post by elisabeth1996
got an offer from nottingham without UMS just told them my AS grades (AABC :/ )

So I might get an offer too.
Got an A and 3 B's.
Cheers for giving me hope :smile:
Original post by JayTee97

got an offer from warwick without them asking for any information!
Original post by luchiayin
got an offer from warwick without them asking for any information!

ooh what are your stats?? want to know if i have a chance :smile:
Original post by elisabeth1996
ooh what are your stats?? want to know if i have a chance :smile:

Predicted A*A*AA for maths physics economics and chemistry.

Got AAAA in AS

I'm also doing Chinese ASlevel(got an A for that) though I am a native speaker that doesn't count

Hope that helps:biggrin:
Original post by luchiayin
Predicted A*A*AA for maths physics economics and chemistry.

Got AAAA in AS

I'm also doing Chinese ASlevel(got an A for that) though I am a native speaker that doesn't count

Hope that helps:biggrin:

ahhh ok :colondollar: my grades are not that high but never mind. funny that i'm also a french native doing the a level (free a star yayyyy):tongue:
When do Oxford reply about Economics & Management interviews?

Also, does anyone know when Warwick and Bristol normally start handing our offers/rejections. I applied a while ago and still haven't got anything from them.
Reply 1278
Original post by RAV 123
When do Oxford reply about Economics & Management interviews?

Also, does anyone know when Warwick and Bristol normally start handing our offers/rejections. I applied a while ago and still haven't got anything from them.

When did you apply?
I applied a while back and still haven't heard anything either:redface:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Hi, should I even bother applying to Durham? Just rethinking wasting one of my choices at the last minute

AS (Predicted) - Economics A (A*), History A (A), Maths B (A)
GSCE - 4A*s, 4As, 2Bs

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending