The Student Room Group

Nottingham A100 2015 Entry

Scroll to see replies

Reply 340
Original post by Shef2008
Please may someone send me the link for the scoring system this year/ explain how it is done? i would like to calculate my score :smile:

Your GCSE's are scored out of 16. Take your top 8 GCSEs (incl Eng/Maths/Sci), give yourself 2 points for an A*/ 1 for an A.

Then look at your 4 subsections of UKCAT - for each section, give yourself the following points:
801-900 = 9 pts
701-800 = 8 pts
601-700 = 7 pts
501-600 = 6pts etc.
No score for SJT band, as UKCAT scoring for SJT was flawed this year.

That gives you a total out of 52. Then you just sit back, bask in glory and wait for the interview invitation to arrive (assuming your PS is also amazing).

Just one question - have you applied this year? Did you apply without knowing what the admissions process is?
(edited 9 years ago)
hi, dunno if this has been mentioned yet but are nottingham still doing that online questionnaire thing this year? because i havent got anything
Original post by fizza123
hi, dunno if this has been mentioned yet but are nottingham still doing that online questionnaire thing this year? because i havent got anything

No, they said it's not part of admission procedure this year
Original post by brbwafflesyay
No, they said it's not part of admission procedure this year

cool, thanks
It has been very quiet in this thread.
Anyone knows when Nottingham will give out interviews?
What scores you have got? Mine is 45 out of 52, hope it makes the cut off
(edited 9 years ago)
Original post by lucky111
It has been very quiet in this thread.
Anyone knows when Nottingham will give out interviews?
What scores you have got? Mine is 45 out of 52, hope it makes the cut off

That's my score too. It's so unfair though because I got 2 700s which is right on the border for an extra point

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by lulagirl15
That's my score too. It's so unfair though because I got 2 700s which is right on the border for an extra point

Another 45 applicant here, I think it should make the cutoff due to this year's shocking ukcat results
I got 47 points, I think I've read somewhere that Nottingham are one of the latest med schools in terms of when they tell you about interviews and when they give out offers, apparently into April for offers! I heard Interviews start going out later in December
Original post by User:26758
I got 47 points, I think I've read somewhere that Nottingham are one of the latest med schools in terms of when they tell you about interviews and when they give out offers, apparently into April for offers! I heard Interviews start going out later in December

first interviews are first week of Jan '15. Expect invitations 2 weeks before this date

they still haven't confirmed whether or not they're doing MMI this year or not!
Reply 349
Original post by hukdealz
first interviews are first week of Jan '15. Expect invitations 2 weeks before this date

they still haven't confirmed whether or not they're doing MMI this year or not!

At the open day they said that they were introducing MMI from this year, but only having 4 MMI stations this year, before moving to 8 stations for following years.
Original post by joolsm
At the open day they said that they were introducing MMI from this year, but only having 4 MMI stations this year, before moving to 8 stations for following years.

Yeah that's what they told us at open day

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by User:26758

At least now knowing their interviews are given out later it won't seem like if I don't get one soon I must have been rejected! It's hard watching everyone else get offers for other courses when our applications went in so much earlier!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by boods8897
At least now knowing their interviews are given out later it won't seem like if I don't get one soon I must have been rejected! It's hard watching everyone else get offers for other courses when our applications went in so much earlier!

Posted from TSR Mobile

Don't worry, if it hasnt changed since last year you probably will hear around the end of january/beginning of february.
Have they rejected the bottom 50% yet or not? When would you find out if you were one of those people? Am dying to know where the cut-off point will be and whether I will even get the chance to have someone even LOOK at my personal statement or not :/
Original post by AnnaK45
Have they rejected the bottom 50% yet or not? When would you find out if you were one of those people? Am dying to know where the cut-off point will be and whether I will even get the chance to have someone even LOOK at my personal statement or not :/

as far as I remember from last year the first rejection came at the same time as interviews invites so around the end of January
I heard from another med applicant that Nottingham has been hot on rejections this year, but can't see anything to support that- if so, it's a good sign thus far :smile:
Original post by Ezme39
I heard from another med applicant that Nottingham has been hot on rejections this year, but can't see anything to support that- if so, it's a good sign thus far :smile:

Didn't they get 10% decrease in number of applicants from last year as well?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Kinda worrying now haha, my score is 44 out of 52 and I'm worrying if I've wasted an application :/
Original post by Jay-Dee
Kinda worrying now haha, my score is 44 out of 52 and I'm worrying if I've wasted an application :/

realistically though no one is going to get full marks for the UKCAT section so there will be very very few people with 52/52... I'd say cut off would be around 44/52 especially with the drop in UKCAT scores this year
Reply 359
Dammi
Original post by lulagirl15
realistically though no one is going to get full marks for the UKCAT section so there will be very very few people with 52/52... I'd say cut off would be around 44/52 especially with the drop in UKCAT scores this year

darn, if that's the case i've missed it by a point. sighs.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending