The Student Room Group

Official Vacation Scheme Thread 2015!!!

Scroll to see replies

Reply 200
Original post by M.E
Hey everyone, thought this thread is great to keep a tab on things/progress and law firm's outcomes!

So far i've only applied for winter vac schemes seeing as i'm in my final year of law atm:
First year I got a 2:2 unfortunately (all 2:2 bar one which was a borderline 2:1), second year I got a high 2:1 (several firsts with average 2:1s)

I've been rejected by Stephenson Harwood and A&O already - I have also applied for Hogan Lovells, HSF, NRF, Jones Day and Clearly...

All the best to everyone!

Out of interest, when did you apply to Stephenson Harwood and how long did it take to hear back? Good luck for the rest of them!
Haven't been active on here since the equivalent thread for university offers two years ago - feeling OLD!

May as well get in on the act - best of luck to everyone!

Applications sent off for JD, Freshfields, and Latham.
Anyone finding it pretty hard to narrow down firms to apply for?

Hoping to boost my profile this year academically and otherwise and don't want to be ruled out of TC apps by loads of firms..
For the Herbert Smith Freehills TC app, is the only question the one regarding extracurriculars? There don't seem to be any other open ended questions as to why HSF etc which seems odd, just checking I'm not missing anything? The question doesn't indicate a word limit either...
Reply 204
Original post by Fruit-twist
All the best of luck!

Original post by pp93

I applied to SH on the 30th Oct and received the rejection on 10th Nov, so about 10/11days

On another note, got rejected from Jones Day - not looking too optimistic for the remaining ones in all honesty...
Original post by iwantatc
For the Herbert Smith Freehills TC app, is the only question the one regarding extracurriculars? There don't seem to be any other open ended questions as to why HSF etc which seems odd, just checking I'm not missing anything? The question doesn't indicate a word limit either...

That's all it was for the vac scheme.

Has anyone heard back from HSF after the test? If so, when did you take it?
Original post by liarpoker
Anyone finding it pretty hard to narrow down firms to apply for?

Hoping to boost my profile this year academically and otherwise and don't want to be ruled out of TC apps by loads of firms..

Yeah really struggling with this, still. I'm kinda putting all my eggs in one basket and desperately hoping I get a VS and then a TC off the back of that, rather than having to do TC applications next year
Reply 207
Original post by lawstudent94
Has anyone heard back from NRF or Ashurst about the winter vac scheme?

Rejection from NRF winter vac scheme yesterday- definitely not going my way at the moment...
(edited 9 years ago)
Has anyone got any advice for a JD or a Shearman interview? There's a bit online, but it'd be great to hear from people who've done the interview already this year! JD is for summer, Shearman for winter.
Reply 209
For me, so far:

Bird & Bird -- waiting post-app
Macfarlanes -- waiting post-app
Freshfields -- waiting post-app
SH -- waiting post-app
NRF -- waiting post-app
Davis Polk -- waiting post-app
Ashurst -- waiting post-app (only submitted yesterday, oops :colonhash:)

The dead silence is making me uneasy. I'm not expecting many (if any!) positive outcomes because I didn't do very well at A-level (BBB...). Here's hoping they overlook my UCAS points and look at my uni grades instead (1st class three years in a row). It's frustrating how many firms have a 320 ucas point cut-off. If only I'd done a little bit better. :nooo:
Reply 210
[QUOTE="thomasllf;51506227"]
Original post by abc91

Really? I sent my application 3 days ago... Are you sure they don't hold another assessment day? It seems odd that they wouldn't given the deadline for the summer vacation scheme is 28 Jan? Are you thinking of the winter vacation scheme, perhaps?

Yes I mean for winter - sorry that wasn't clear(y)!
Original post by fullup
I attended NRF's first AC last Friday! Received an invitation three weeks ago.

i have an AC with NRF on Monday, do you have any advice?

thank you!
Reply 212
Hey everyone, first post on here. I only applied to one spring vac scheme - I'm a final year non-law entrant - as it was the only one that matched up with my uni's spring break.

Anyone else applied for the Jones Day spring one, or heard back? I went down on the Wednesday a few weeks ago, interviewed and they emailed me on the Thursday saying I had a place. Anyone joining me in London in March?
[QUOTE="abc91;51554429"]
Original post by thomasllf

Yes I mean for winter - sorry that wasn't clear(y)!

Haha no worries!
Hogan Lovells phone interview
Just received an email from SH stating that they have read my application for the winter scheme with interest. The email states that whilst they may not offer me a place on the winter scheme, apparently 400 people have applied for 8 places, they would still like to consider me for the spring scheme, summer scheme and a training contract. Has anybody else received this email?
Reply 216
Original post by Chianti1
Just received an email from SH stating that they have read my application for the winter scheme with interest. The email states that whilst they may not offer me a place on the winter scheme, apparently 400 people have applied for 8 places, they would still like to consider me for the spring scheme, summer scheme and a training contract. Has anybody else received this email?

Me too - at least you know there's some hope haha
Reply 217
Original post by LGF92
Hey everyone, first post on here. I only applied to one spring vac scheme - I'm a final year non-law entrant - as it was the only one that matched up with my uni's spring break.

Anyone else applied for the Jones Day spring one, or heard back? I went down on the Wednesday a few weeks ago, interviewed and they emailed me on the Thursday saying I had a place. Anyone joining me in London in March?

So it took them just a day to respond or?
Possibly a silly question, but what would people shorten Cleary Gottlieb Steen & Hamilton to for the cover letter?[h="3"]
Original post by liarpoker
Possibly a silly question, but what would people shorten Cleary Gottlieb Steen & Hamilton to for the cover letter?

Cleary Gottlieb

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending