The Student Room Group

Psychology Applicants for 2015 Entry Thread

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Gracey_
Hey☺️ From both Warwick and Bristol at AAB! Good luck! Waiting on birmingham (fav) Exeter and my home town Nottingham

Congratulations and thank you!! :smile:
If you don't mind me asking, what were your GCSE's? I didn't do an A-level science apart from Psychology and got a B in science at GCSE so i feel like the chances are against me for Bristol, haha. I do Psychology, Business and Sociology now.
Good luck with the rest, I'm hoping Bristol or Birmingham.
Original post by Rachel1315
I do 3, so hopefully it will be ABB the wait is killing me especially since it'll be my first choice if I get an offer. How about you?

I only do one! So mines AAA more than likely, I'm only predicted AAB, so doubt I'll get an offer

My first is Birmingham! Newcastle would of been my first if I got rejected from Birmingham

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Husnara_a
Congratulations and thank you!! :smile:
If you don't mind me asking, what were your GCSE's? I didn't do an A-level science apart from Psychology and got a B in science at GCSE so i feel like the chances are against me for Bristol, haha. I do Psychology, Business and Sociology now.
Good luck with the rest, I'm hoping Bristol or Birmingham. ������������

Thank you lovely!
I got 7As and 4A* and a B in Maths. I got A* in science and A in additional. But do nt worry! I had the same stress and actually emailed them worrying that I haven't done bio or maths and they said that with degree level they teach it to us as if we have no background knowledge. As long as you do Psychology it will be fine. I got an E in physics after all😂 I much prefer essay based subjects. I have even spoken to a psych professor at Birmingham and he said he was an English lit major before this! So I promise you science is relevant but not a must!

And same here! May be in a future class together eh. Still waiting on Birmingham tho
I just got an offer from Bristol :ahee: Anyone else?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Just got an offer for Northumbriaaaaa
Just got my offer from Kent for AAB! I'm well happy

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Hopefulcici
I just got an offer from Bristol :ahee: Anyone else?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Me too at AAB!
Original post by Gracey_
Me too at AAB!

Cool :tongue:. I got it at AAA with an A*AB alternative. Will it be your firm?

Posted from TSR Mobile
(edited 9 years ago)
Cool :tongue:. I got it at AAA with an A*AB alternative. Will it be your firm?

Posted from TSR Mobile

I doubt it. Birmingham is my favourite but it's a brilliant insurance
Original post by Gracey_
Thank you lovely!
I got 7As and 4A* and a B in Maths. I got A* in science and A in additional. But do nt worry! I had the same stress and actually emailed them worrying that I haven't done bio or maths and they said that with degree level they teach it to us as if we have no background knowledge. As long as you do Psychology it will be fine. I got an E in physics after all I much prefer essay based subjects. I have even spoken to a psych professor at Birmingham and he said he was an English lit major before this! So I promise you science is relevant but not a must!

And same here! May be in a future class together eh. Still waiting on Birmingham tho

Oh right, phew! Thank you for the information! There's less need to worry about it now, haha. :biggrin:
Original post by Gracey_
I doubt it. Birmingham is my favourite but it's a brilliant insurance

I can't decide between Manchester or Bristol. I haven't got an offer from Birmingham yet

Posted from TSR Mobile
I can't decide between Manchester or Bristol. I haven't got an offer from Birmingham yet

Posted from TSR Mobile

Think Bristol is higher in the league tables but I've heard manchester is amazing. Tough one!
Original post by Gracey_
Think Bristol is higher in the league tables but I've heard manchester is amazing. Tough one!

Manchester is really great but Bristol is also good. I guess I just have to put names in a hat and pull out a name 😁

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 513
Original post by notebooker
I have one at Emma :biggrin: you?

i also have at Emma on the 11th :biggrin: which topic did you choose?
Original post by k.ami94
i also have at Emma on the 11th :biggrin: which topic did you choose?

The seventh one, you ? :smile:
Got an offer from Bath!!! For the placement course :biggrin:
Got an offer from Bath!!! For the placement course :biggrin:

Congrats!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Anyone here got an offer from Goldsmiths??

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 518
The seventh one, you ? :smile:

the 5th :biggrin: when do you have your interview? we might meet there :smile:
Anyone going to the Birmingham applicants day on 21st Jan, or the Liverpool one on 14th March? :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest