The Student Room Group

Thinking of dropping out of 6th form? Help please

I'm 16, currently into term 2 of my AS levels. I'm studying sociology, business and theatre. I really enjoy sociology and it's now really the only thing motivating me to turn up everyday. The school I attend make me feel like I'm 12 years old. I don't feel supported at all and would rather be somewhere else to study as well as earn money. The only problem is, I don't know anything about any of my options? A few people I know have dropped out of 6th form to go into full time work as well as studying at college and that is an option I'd consider doing but Im unaware of how to make that happen. I'm also worried that if I drop out I'm going to regret dropping out. I'm really stuck with what to do right now! Please help! :s-smilie:
Reply 1
Tbh, it's not too late to switch colleges/sixth forms
Original post by Auds
Tbh, it's not too late to switch colleges/sixth forms

What makes you think that? Think about it, she moves now and she's most likely going to have to start all over again.
I did a switch to college and did a BTEC
Reply 4
Original post by Safiya122
What makes you think that? Think about it, she moves now and she's most likely going to have to start all over again.

I moved from a state school to a grammar school which I'm still at now and I absolutely despise it but its already too late for me to move now.
She wouldn't have to start all over again if the exam boards are the same, there won't be much to catch up on.
Learning in an environment that makes you consider dropping out will actually impact on your grades profoundly, i genuinely think it would be a sacrifice that's worth it at the end.
Original post by Auds
I moved from a state school to a grammar school which I'm still at now and I absolutely despise it but its already too late for me to move now.
She wouldn't have to start all over again if the exam boards are the same, there won't be much to catch up on.
Learning in an environment that makes you consider dropping out will actually impact on your grades profoundly, i genuinely think it would be a sacrifice that's worth it at the end.

Yeah that's like what I mean, if she wants to do the same courses at a different sixth form who are on different exam boards then that could be a problem
Reply 6
Original post by Safiya122
Yeah that's like what I mean, if she wants to do the same courses at a different sixth form who are on different exam boards then that could be a problem

I suppose if she's desperate to not drop out of sixth form, she'd have to call up the individual schools and ask
Honestly you will be fine :smile: I am also in term two of my AS levels and I felt the same way but I spoke with the teachers of each of my subjects and found some really nice friends in each of my subjects. You will regret it all the hard work will be worth it and speak to your parents they will be able to help more than you think

Quick Reply

Latest