The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 61
Original post by snowyowl
Well I work with children in the preschool room of a nursery, and in practice, it's quite rare to come across a 3-year-old who is still in nappies. Those that are usually (but not always) have physical or learning difficulties.

A lot of children still have accidents sometimes, but the vast, vast majority of 3-year-olds are in knickers/pants.

Sometimes you just have to go for it. A child might be ready to toilet train, but is still using their nappy as they are lazy and just can't be bothered to make the effort, especially since the nappy absorbs most of it so they don't really feel it. Put them in knickers/pants for a day and they soon realise they don't like the feeling of being wet/soiled and they train pretty quickly.

Thanks a lot for the advice. Their is still little progress I'm afraid.
Reply 62
Just to update he is still wearing them :/
Reply 63
Parents seem to have just given up and he is nearly 4!!!
thanks for the update
In my country we wear nappies till we're married and mature enough to take them off.
Reply 66
Original post by Uw0tm8_
In my country we wear nappies till we're married and mature enough to take them off.

What country are you from?
Original post by Brann
What country are you from?

refer to me as the swagmaster from manchester pls.
Reply 68
Original post by Uw0tm8_
refer to me as the swagmaster from manchester pls.

Ok swagmaster from manchester. Can I ask what has that got to do with you wearing nappies?
Original post by Brann
Ok swagmaster from manchester. Can I ask what has that got to do with you wearing nappies?

no you can not ask the swagmaster any questions. sorry bye,
Original post by Brann
I have a 3.5 year old brother who is still being potty trained. I hate it, my house is always a mess, I feel I can't have any friends round. Every room has a potty in it and all my brother wears is his training pants which he pees in then takes them of and leaves them on the floor! Whenever I complain about this my mum says that I was just as bad. Has anyone got any idea how much longer I have to put up with this?

Still am
I'm old enough to remember wearing nappies, I think I was 3-ish.

Latest