The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by drowninginsound
Haha, maybe I will! I have a feeling my mum would murder me first before I could do any serious damage to my neighbours' hearing. :colondollar:

Hmm, I don't want to reveal my identity. :wink: Nah it's more that I don't actually know many songs all the way from start to end, I'd have to film some sort of fun medley of riffs and rhythm parts I like... :tongue:

Neither do I but I think I could play a decent 15 second chunk (15 seconds since that's the Instagram video time limit :lol:)

I have no sense of rhythm :emo: but I have a feeling that would make me good at polyrhythms...??

Since I'm so determined to learn Glasgow Kiss I think it'll be quite a few months before I can play a song from start to end :lol:
Original post by Bude8
Neither do I but I think I could play a decent 15 second chunk (15 seconds since that's the Instagram video time limit :lol:)

I have no sense of rhythm :emo: but I have a feeling that would make me good at polyrhythms...??

Since I'm so determined to learn Glasgow Kiss I think it'll be quite a few months before I can play a song from start to end :lol:

Ahh I don't have instagram, I'd have to revert to good ol' YouTube. :tongue:

Hmm, listen to Math Rock if you want some fun rhythms. Early Foals is good but really nowhere near as complicated or obscure as you can get... :colondollar:

You've got more determination than me, I think literally the only song I know note for note from start to end is a Rodrigo y Gabriela one. :redface: How much are you playing each day? :smile:
Ahh I don't have instagram, I'd have to revert to good ol' YouTube. :tongue:

Hmm, listen to Math Rock if you want some fun rhythms. Early Foals is good but really nowhere near as complicated or obscure as you can get... :colondollar:

You've got more determination than me, I think literally the only song I know note for note from start to end is a Rodrigo y Gabriela one. :redface: How much are you playing each day? :smile:

I'll have a look later :smile:
About 2 hours on average :lol:

I think I'm addicted...
Perhaps I should post in the year 12 thread as I'm taking 2 gap years. Ugh, so conflicted.
Original post by Bude8

I think I'm addicted...

Hi Bude.
Original post by keromedic
Perhaps I should post in the year 12 thread as I'm taking 2 gap years. Ugh, so conflicted.

Hi Bude.

Hello :hello:
Original post by Bude8
Hello :hello:

How's u?
Original post by keromedic
How's u?

Not bad thanks, school work is starting to pile up :lol:

You?
Original post by Bude8
Not bad thanks, school work is starting to pile up :lol:

You?

Pretty normal. Beginning to work on my resits. The short term goal is to be up to speed with what everyone else would be doing at school by the end of the year. So Bio4, Chem4, Fp2 and M2.
Received a formal dinner invitation with the Headmaster today. Apparently, when dealing with formal invitations, one must reply in third person too :holmes:
Original post by Bude8

I think I'm addicted...

2 hours?! Christ on a bike, I'm lucky if I find time for 20 minutes playing!

However, I'm glad you're addicted. :wink:
2 hours?! Christ on a bike, I'm lucky if I find time for 20 minutes playing!

However, I'm glad you're addicted. :wink:

Are you really busy? :lol:
Original post by Bude8
Are you really busy? :lol:

Yeah... (preparing and stressing out about Cambridge interviews mainly) :colondollar: Though at band practice I obviously get to play for a bit longer. :cool:
Yeah... (preparing and stressing out about Cambridge interviews mainly) :colondollar: Though at band practice I obviously get to play for a bit longer. :cool:

Stressing doesn't help :lol:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by techno836
Hello,
I really don't get time to go on here anymore :frown:

But I thought I'd tell you.I've got an interview for medicine at Manchester :biggrin: :woo: :woo: :tongue:arty1:

Not my first choice but it's a good start :-)

Techno!!!!!
Long time.no interaction
How is your application going, where else did you apply?
Well done on Manchester
Original post by Bude8
Stressing doesn't help :lol:

Posted from TSR Mobile

I know, but I naturally stress about everything. :tongue:
I know, but I naturally stress about everything. :tongue:

Complete opposite of me :lol:
Try not to? :dontknow: :lol:
Original post by Bude8
Complete opposite of me :lol:
Try not to? :dontknow: :lol:

Hmm, easier said than done. :rolleyes:
:mad2: I hate the Northern line strike on this coming Monday !!! :rant:

Now I have to go find an alternative route to College :sigh:
Hi guys i need help,

Any tips on how to achieve AAA for a-levels?

I have AAB at As-level (dropped 4th AS) in bio, chem and religous studies.

Thanks in advance!
Hmm, easier said than done. :rolleyes:

Well, I've managed to do it :tongue:

I've played for 4 hours today. Learnt the basics of sweep picking. I think I'll learn how to tap too :lol:

Latest