The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by JackR7821
I am fresher of 4 year course and have effectively got the RBS SW, got AC at HSBC and ICAP and am waiting to hear from about 8 or 9 others with perhaps 2 rejections. I don't see the harm in applying anyway, especially if you have a legit reason.

is that the AC for HSBC for the summer? I passed the phone interview and took the SJT. How long after the SJT did you hear?
Original post by B-Stacks
HR told us at an event on Friday, everyone cheered when she said it.

Also received this email on Friday ImageUploadedByStudent Room1417381769.413682.jpg

Posted from TSR Mobile

Thanks for this, have a test on Tuesday which I would prefer to revise for, ill come back to this on Wednesday though I guess.
I am fresher of 4 year course and have effectively got the RBS SW, got AC at HSBC and ICAP and am waiting to hear from about 8 or 9 others with perhaps 2 rejections. I don't see the harm in applying anyway, especially if you have a legit reason.

The main prospect of completing a spring week is to have the chance to be fast tracked onto the summer internship, so if you're on a 4 year course then other than looking keen and showing an interest in Finance. It doesn't help you get fast tracked to a summer internship the following year as you won't be in your penultimate year.
Original post by Table dust
me, I only applied to pwc as it was the only place which took freshers from 4 year courses

I think I remember you from the 2014 a level results thread, where are you studying now?

I'm studying Economics and Finance at Southampton, wbu? What stage are you at with pwc?
Original post by MathsNerd1
The main prospect of completing a spring week is to have the chance to be fast tracked onto the summer internship, so if you're on a 4 year course then other than looking keen and showing an interest in Finance. It doesn't help you get fast tracked to a summer internship the following year as you won't be in your penultimate year.

I would agree with you however i think that there are other key elements of spring weeks such as learning to behave in a corporate environment as well as some competency training which will help you get jobs in the future whether you get fast tracked or not.
Original post by Sun_Bear
I would agree with you however i think that there are other key elements of spring weeks such as learning to behave in a corporate environment as well as some competency training which will help you get jobs in the future whether you get fast tracked or not.

You raise a valid point
I'm studying Economics and Finance at Southampton, wbu? What stage are you at with pwc?

chem eng at manc. I passed the online assessment, they said I'd get a reply on the 19th
Original post by Table dust
chem eng at manc. I passed the online assessment, they said I'd get a reply on the 19th

I passed the tests but have to submit some videos online i guess like an interview... Have you not had this yet? Seems strange because on the timeline they said all these videos have to be sent in by the 7th dec.
I passed the tests but have to submit some videos online i guess like an interview... Have you not had this yet? Seems strange because on the timeline they said all these videos have to be sent in by the 7th dec.

hmm, sounds like they forgot about me lol. I'll phone them tomorrow
Original post by MathsNerd1

Following on from this,

Is there any circumstance in which an unconverted spring week on your CV could hinder your chance at securing a summer? (e.g. look less desirable to other banks?)
Original post by Zymoloid!
Following on from this,

Is there any circumstance in which an unconverted spring week on your CV could hinder your chance at securing a summer? (e.g. look less desirable to other banks?)

Absolutely not, i think the main point people are missing here is that these spring weeks are a way to get people interested in finance/ learn some skills along the way and a way for the banks to try and attract smart new talent. There are people who get summer internships without any spring weeks but they just have to show the competency criteria through other means.
HSBC phone interview passed, questionnaire completed. How long until we hear back? Any experience / replies yet?
Original post by Toda
HSBC phone interview passed, questionnaire completed. How long until we hear back? Any experience / replies yet?

is that for the SW?
Original post by President M.E.
is that for the SW?

Summer. This is one of the few active threads hence reason for post. I'm aware this is for SW but the app process is much the same. Grateful for any response
How long did that take? I did mine yesterday - well, today (1 am).

For me like a couple days maybe, I can't recall. But it was for a 1 day insight event.
Has anyone been rejected post numerical at Barclays? I thought it went awfully so i'm just wondering how quickly you can tell if youve failed it
Original post by Drossell
Has anyone been rejected post numerical at Barclays? I thought it went awfully so i'm just wondering how quickly you can tell if youve failed it

Yeah couple people have, after a week or so.
Original post by Anonynous
Yeah couple people have, after a week or so.

how would you interpret that? failing the tests or the bank taking a week to review the app and subsequently reject?
Original post by Drossell
how would you interpret that? failing the tests or the bank taking a week to review the app and subsequently reject?

Failing tests.
Nomura application currently under review.
How long will it take for rejection?

Latest

Trending

Trending