The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Red Fox
Do you do an extra year or something? Or is our 'Reception' called year 1

We call it Primary 1, you start when you're 5 (or nearly coming 5). It's when you reach secondary school we start it like Year 8, Year 9 etc.

So is that what is is called over there? Reception? I did a year of primary school in London, then moved to N.Ireland, and straight into Primary 2 (I was 6). I was behind by 4 weeks and they thought I was stupid, ha. Caught up within a week.
Original post by Futuremedic2096
Techno!!!!!
Long time.no interaction
How is your application going, where else did you apply?
Well done on Manchester

Hello :-) it's alright no rejections yet, offer for biochemistry (leeds) (declining) , interview at Manchester and the others I have to wait until around Christmas time :s-smilie:

What about yours :-)
Original post by Red Fox
Congrats:biggrin:, I'm sure you'll get interviews from the others as well.

Thankyou :smile: I hope so :smile:

How is your application going? :-)
Original post by techno836
Thankyou :smile: I hope so :smile:

How is your application going? :-)

Got a Cambridge interview next week but I definitely know I won't get in
Original post by Red Fox
Have you seen this, it fits perfectly.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VgY_7ZLwHnk

Just saw it, it does seem to go with everything!

At one point, you need to watch this video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EYgrGJST0rA

But I think it might be a bit too early for you...

moe in Japanese is a bit like cuteness. It's hard to narrow it down to a meaning but it's like, clumsy cute. Kind of ruins the image of AoT in your head though :lol:

Don't think you've seen the other animes that appear in that video either :redface:
(edited 9 years ago)
Original post by Bude8
Just saw it, it does seem to go with everything!

At one point, you need to watch this video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EYgrGJST0rA

But I think it might be a bit too early for you...

moe in Japanese is a bit like cuteness. It's hard to narrow it down to a meaning but it's like, clumsy cute. Kind of ruins the image of AoT in your head though :lol:

Don't think you've seen the other animes that appear in that video either :redface:

I'll save it for a later time when I've watched more stuff to get the full effect then:tongue:
Original post by Red Fox
I'll save it for a later time when I've watched more stuff to get the full effect then:tongue:

You'll need to watch Hyouka! and Steins;Gate at least :tongue:

Also - I got my anime secret Santa if you want to watch them too.

I have to watch:

Future Diary
Tengen Toppa Gurren Lagaan
Shiki

and mate, you never know, you may get an offer! But whether you'll accept it and choose to work ridiculously hard is up to you :lol:
Original post by Red Fox
Got a Cambridge interview next week but I definitely know I won't get in

Oooooo, nah I reckon once you've passed academic screening at oxbridge your like nearly.through door already :wink: just don't be snobby I guess :L

(easy for us northerners to say)
Original post by Bude8
Yup, I've tried learning a few actually, but I still can't play any from start to end :tongue:
Might have a look at AoT then :smile:

I should learn a metal version of this:
[video="youtube;qvzCmV3_12c"]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qvzCmV3_12c[/video]

You should totally do both AoT and KnB, or just a massive medley of loads of OSTs. :biggrin:
Original post by Red Fox
The AoT opening somehow goes with every video in the universe:lol:. Awesome song though.

It's just so awesome... feeling the need to re-watch AoT now. :lol:
Original post by drowninginsound
You should totally do both AoT and KnB, or just a massive medley of loads of OSTs. :biggrin:

Have you seen KnB? Man it's absolutely incredible!

I think I need to remind myself of the Naruto, Bleach and One Piece OSTs. Fairy Tail's theme is nice too...

Or maybe Canon Rock? :lol:
Original post by Bude8
You'll need to watch Hyouka! and Steins;Gate at least :tongue:

Also - I got my anime secret Santa if you want to watch them too.

I have to watch:

Future Diary
Tengen Toppa Gurren Lagaan
Shiki

and mate, you never know, you may get an offer! But whether you'll accept it and choose to work ridiculously hard is up to you :lol:

I actually started Steins;Gate but then had to do something while 5 mins and never went back to it for some reason, I was planning on watching Future Diary at some point too.

I'd probably fail the degree tbh

Original post by techno836
Oooooo, nah I reckon once you've passed academic screening at oxbridge your like nearly.through door already :wink: just don't be snobby I guess :L

(easy for us northerners to say)

You're making it sound easy haha
I miss being a year 13. Life was so easy. I actually had time to sleep and procrastinate for hours on end. I would do work outside of school on only one day a week and miss countless consecutive homework deadline without consequence. Ahhh those were the days.
Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by drowninginsound
It's just so awesome... feeling the need to re-watch AoT now. :lol:

Have you read the manga? or you gonna stick it out until 2016 to find out what happens
Original post by Red Fox
I actually started Steins;Gate but then had to do something while 5 mins and never went back to it for some reason, I was planning on watching Future Diary at some point too.

I'd probably fail the degree tbh

You're making it sound easy haha

Yup, I have a feeling I'd be one of the dumber ones there :lol: alow says he's 'average' there so... :lol:

Think I'll learn the Fairy Tail theme now, seems like the easiest to learn atm

edit: ok, forget the Fairy Tail theme, I'll find something else. Can't be bothered to tune my guitar down a step :lol:

btw, if you guys have Snapchat you can add me; my name is the same as my TSR username. I'll figure out a way to send you what I can play :lol:
(edited 9 years ago)
Original post by Red Fox
Have you read the manga? or you gonna stick it out until 2016 to find out what happens

2016 is so far away, we'll be adults by then :frown:
Original post by Bude8
2016 is so far away, we'll be adults by then :frown:

I'll have probably forgotten Attack on Titan exists by then
Original post by Bude8
Yup, I have a feeling I'd be one of the dumber ones there :lol: alow says he's 'average' there so... :lol:

Think I'll learn the Fairy Tail theme now, seems like the easiest to learn atm

edit: ok, forget the Fairy Tail theme, I'll find something else. Can't be bothered to tune my guitar down a step :lol:

btw, if you guys have Snapchat you can add me; my name is the same as my TSR username. I'll figure out a way to send you what I can play :lol:

I'd definitely be towards the bottom.

Try this: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N0T-n1DyyQ4
Original post by Red Fox
I'll have probably forgotten Attack on Titan exists by then

nah fam we'll be at Bath in the Anime society watching it :rofl:
Original post by Red Fox
I'd definitely be towards the bottom.

Try this: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N0T-n1DyyQ4

Sounds pretty sick! But I can't download it in school....................... I'll be back home on the 12th though. I don't actually remember this song from the anime though (I skip OPs usually, pls no flame) :redface: Did you like Death Note then?

Latest