The Student Room Group

Maths Mock Exam!

Literally done the worst mistakes on this exam from not reading the question and forgetting to round decimals to mixing up my circle theorems.
Don't think I even got 50%
How did urs go ?
Reply 1
Original post by ragey002
Literally done the worst mistakes on this exam from not reading the question and forgetting to round decimals to mixing up my circle theorems.
How did urs go ?

Made a couple of silly mistakes but beat the whole year group by a mile.
Posted on TheStudentRoom
(edited 8 years ago)
Original post by ragey002
How did urs go ?

What paper did you do? Did you do the "Linked Pair Pilot" course or the normal GCSE. Did you do higher and what year was it? Can you please tell me what questions there were on it.
Original post by worriedgcse
If you are with edexcel then the answers are on here

How about AQA?
Oo idk I'm on edexcel so haven't looked at aqa

@ your username...do not stress about your GCSEs as that will make you unmotivated. Try and revise as much as you can between now and January because you will have some mocks in January before your actual GCSE exams. For GCSE maths you should use Mathswatch VLE and Khan academy as these are good websites to use. Maths is just practice and practice makes perfect. Also remember to understand stuff before cramming.

Good luck
Original post by German123
@ your username...do not stress about your GCSEs as that will make you unmotivated. Try and revise as much as you can between now and January because you will have some mocks in January before your actual GCSE exams. For GCSE maths you should use Mathswatch VLE and Khan academy as these are good websites to use. Maths is just practice and practice makes perfect. Also remember to understand stuff before cramming.

Good luck

Away that is so sweet. Thank you for the reassurance
Away that is so sweet. Thank you for the reassurance

:smile:
Reply 9
I did my GCSE last May, a year early, managed to get the A* :P

now I'm doing additional maths whilst the other maths sets do their GCSE, and it is so much harder!
Original post by aadil10
I did my GCSE last May, a year early, managed to get the A* :P

now I'm doing additional maths whilst the other maths sets do their GCSE, and it is so much harder!

Well done, could you give me some revision tips for maths?
Original post by Trl157w21
What paper did you do? Did you do the "Linked Pair Pilot" course or the normal GCSE. Did you do higher and what year was it? Can you please tell me what questions there were on it.

If you had seen the questions beforehand then doing a mock would be pointless, this is the entire reason why that paper hasn't been released to the public yet. Please do not ask for any of the June 2014 papers, questions or answers. Likewise do not offer to give any of these to others doing their mocks. Any posts attempting to do so will be removed.

If any of these are spread using this thread I will be forced to close it.
Original post by Trl157w21
Well done, could you give me some revision tips for maths?

well throughout the year our teacher gave us a separate notebook where we wrote down every topic we did and how to do it, I used that to revise and I didn't do much revision tbh

Just summarise each topic in short notes and learn a few topics a day. you could try the CPG revision books if you are really struggling, I have found them extremely useful for science.

good luck!

hey worriedGCSE, could you please help me with some of the edexcel questions. You said that they were on here but i cant find them :/ Please help!
Original post by aadil10
well throughout the year our teacher gave us a separate notebook where we wrote down every topic we did and how to do it, I used that to revise and I didn't do much revision tbh

Just summarise each topic in short notes and learn a few topics a day. you could try the CPG revision books if you are really struggling, I have found them extremely useful for science.

good luck!

Ok thank you!

Quick Reply

Latest