The Student Room Group

Imperial College A100 applicants 2015 entry

Scroll to see replies

Ugh... does anyone knwo the band 1 Essay cutoff? I got a 7.2 7.9 and 3A :frown: this puts me right in band 2 and as an international, this is not good.
Reply 121
What do you guys think about submitting an appeal for s2 marks? It seems worthless since its marked by a machine, and there are three outcomes:

- goes up
- stays the same (and you get charged a cool £32 :O )
- goes down

bit of a gamble, I think?
Reply 122
Folks, let me know when you get interviews and what not! :smile:
Reply 123
Original post by jungykang
Ugh... does anyone knwo the band 1 Essay cutoff? I got a 7.2 7.9 and 3A :frown: this puts me right in band 2 and as an international, this is not good.

Band 2 internationals still get interviews. Have you considered getting your S3 remarked? Because even if it goes up by 0.5, you will be in Band 1
Are this year's band boundaries available?
Original post by liass
Band 2 internationals still get interviews. Have you considered getting your S3 remarked? Because even if it goes up by 0.5, you will be in Band 1

Well, I dont really see a point of doing it, because if 2 people thought it was 3A, then it's most likely 3A. Plus, I know it was a pretty sh*t essay when I came out, so I was super relieved with that 3A.
Original post by Papanikolaou
Are this year's band boundaries available?

theyre only releasing them in april after all decisions have been sent
On one of the sections if your score is not too far above the cut off (but significantly above in the other two sections), and the rest of your application is strong, are your chances of getting an interview low because of that one section?
(edited 9 years ago)
Hi, I answered the vet question in the BMAT because it looked easier. Do you think this will put me at a disadvantage? My BMAT score is 5.4,5.7,3A GCSEs : 7A* 3A AS : AAAAB and predicted A levels : A*A*A
Original post by Becciaimee
Hi, I answered the vet question in the BMAT because it looked easier. Do you think this will put me at a disadvantage? My BMAT score is 5.4,5.7,3A GCSEs : 7A* 3A AS : AAAAB and predicted A levels : A*A*A

If my Section 1 and 2 are way above the cut off for Band 1 but Section 3 falls into Band 2, am I given any special consideration :frown: I doubt so but just wanted to double check :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by smilepeople
If my Section 1 and 2 are way above the cut off for Band 1 but Section 3 falls into Band 2, am I given any special consideration :frown: I doubt so but just wanted to double check :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Even if you do fall into band 2, you'll still get an interview.. the real worry is when one section leaves you in band 3..
But in all honesty from what I read in the previous Imperial Medicine threads, the bands aren't as rigid as the absolute cut off. People in bands 2/3 were getting called in the first batch of interviews, so as long as you're past the cut off you still have a decent chance
Original post by ishysmile
so as long as you're past the cut off you still have a decent chance

Heh... yeah. Thanks

Posted from TSR Mobile
Even if you do fall into band 2, you'll still get an interview.. the real worry is when one section leaves you in band 3..

But I'm an international kid :frown:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by smilepeople
But I'm an international kid :frown:

Posted from TSR Mobile

I'm international as well with BMAT 5.1 6.3 4A - I know that probably puts me in the lowest band but still hopeful.. one my former seniors (who graduated from my school last year) only just met the bmat cut offs in section 1 and 2, and after her interview she got the rectors undergraduate scholarship to study medicine at imperial.
I'm international as well with BMAT 5.1 6.3 4A - I know that probably puts me in the lowest band but still hopeful.. one my former seniors (who graduated from my school last year) only just met the bmat cut offs in section 1 and 2, and after her interview she got the rectors undergraduate scholarship to study medicine at imperial.

Oh wow !!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 136
I'm living in Barcelona learning Spanish (achieved A levels).. I really wanna get the interview done before Christmas

1st, how many interview dates before Christmas?
2nd, what is the likelihood of getting called in before Christmas with a BMAT of 5.9, 5.9, 3.5A
Reply 137
Are there any chances of getting an interview with bmat scores 4.4, 5.1 and 3A?
Reply 138
What are the chances these ECs and work experience will get me shortlisted for interview? (BMAT is 5.1 6.3 3.5A)

-1 week orthopaedic surgeon shadowing
-1 week Eye clinic work experience
-Few days GP shadowing
-1 year volunteering at local Respiratory ward in hospital
-Volunteering with School's reception class
-Part of Charity committee at school
-Organised school Fashion Show as part of a comittee

then for 'hobbies' I put:
-Tennis and Badminton
-Reading science books
-Independent research projects

my BMAT puts me in Band 3, so Im hoping ECs will be good enough for interview :s-smilie:
Original post by charjb
I'm living in Barcelona learning Spanish (achieved A levels).. I really wanna get the interview done before Christmas

1st, how many interview dates before Christmas?
2nd, what is the likelihood of getting called in before Christmas with a BMAT of 5.9, 5.9, 3.5A

I don't think they interview before Christmas. Only Oxbridge.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending