The Student Room Group

Economics applicants 2015

Scroll to see replies

Original post by amw101
Got an offer from Exeter and York now, just waiting on LSE, UCL and Warwick :/

Good luck!
Original post by amw101
Got an offer from Exeter and York now, just waiting on LSE, UCL and Warwick :/

How long did you have to wait for your Exeter offer?
Reply 1822
Original post by Skill Twix
Good luck!

Thanks! :smile:
Reply 1823
Original post by Wojtek97
How long did you have to wait for your Exeter offer?

2 weeks exactly :smile:
I've got my Cambridge interview at Churchill on Saturday, and just wondering whether they are more likely to ask questions based on maths I did last year or have done so far this year so I can focus my preparation. Thanks
Hmm found out that I'm actually predicted A*AA instead of A*A*A because my economics teacher doesn't predict A*s oddly even though I had 80/80 on the 1 paper and 93% average ums, so predicted a*aa in maths,eco and physics). Do you think that's going to have a big impact on offers from unis like bath/bristol?
Original post by abccba120
Hmm found out that I'm actually predicted A*AA instead of A*A*A because my economics teacher doesn't predict A*s oddly even though I had 80/80 on the 1 paper and 93% average ums, so predicted a*aa in maths,eco and physics). Do you think that's going to have a big impact on offers from unis like bath/bristol?

I am applying with A* AA predicted.Make sure your PS is quite good!
I am applying with A* AA predicted.Make sure your PS is quite good!

Yeah I'm confident in my PS, btw what subjects are you studying and what did you get at AS if you don't mind? :biggrin:

Make a complaint to your headmaster, get your parents involved or something as you clearly deserve the prediction here. It could potentially affect your UCAS although difficult to say how big the impact but you don't want to be at a potential disadvantage to those predicted A* in the subject with <90%.
Yeah I'm confident in my PS, btw what subjects are you studying and what did you get at AS if you don't mind? :biggrin:

I assume my AS results are much worse than yours.I got A in Economics,B's in Maths,Physics and ICT.Studying the same subject as you :smile:
I assume my AS results are much worse than yours.I got A in Economics,B's in Maths,Physics and ICT.Studying the same subject as you :smile:

Well I wouldn't say much worse aha, I had AAAB (B in chemistry)& where have you applied too?
Original post by Boy_wonder_95
Make a complaint to your headmaster, get your parents involved or something as you clearly deserve the prediction here. It could potentially affect your UCAS although difficult to say how big the impact but you don't want to be at a potential disadvantage to those predicted A* in the subject with <90%.

Hmm I'll speak to my head of sixth form tomorrow morning about it. I heard my economics teacher say that he doesn't predict A*s because he doesn't want to put pressure on students. :s-smilie:
Well I wouldn't say much worse aha, I had AAAB (B in chemistry)& where have you applied too?

I am still sending off my application.My school has delayed it!
I am still sending off my application.My school has delayed it!

Yeah that happened to me to! Mine just got sent off last Friday, I was told to choose 4 options first,see how they pan out then add my last choice so mine got sent of with 4 choices. So where are you thinking of applying? :smile:
Yeah that happened to me to! Mine just got sent off last Friday, I was told to choose 4 options first,see how they pan out then add my last choice so mine got sent of with 4 choices. So where are you thinking of applying? :smile:

Bristol,Warwick,Manchester,Bath,UEA or Nottingham.Still a shortlist.Where have you applied?
Bristol,Warwick,Manchester,Bath,UEA or Nottingham.Still a shortlist.Where have you applied?

Nice, I applied to LSE, Bath, Bristol, Birmingham & still deciding on a 5th choice, if I get an offer from Bath I'm going to plump for UCL or Warwick as my final choice cause I really like Bath :biggrin:
First offer just came in yesterday from Queen Mary AAA being sent off 5days ago, it is my fifth choice but still quite please about that aha
Original post by Aso816
First offer just came in yesterday from Queen Mary AAA being sent off 5days ago, it is my fifth choice but still quite please about that aha

Where else did you apply?
Where else did you apply?

Lse Ucl Warwick Bristol
Original post by MattEvans
I've got my Cambridge interview at Churchill on Saturday, and just wondering whether they are more likely to ask questions based on maths I did last year or have done so far this year so I can focus my preparation. Thanks

I am also applying to Churchill for Economics and have my interview on Saturday... Even though we are in direct competition, it can't hurt to exchange a few tips!! Did they say you'll be given a "Set of Maths problems in an Economics context"? I suspect it will draw mainly from C3/C4 calculus - but significantly harder. Good Luck!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending