The Student Room Group

Economics applicants 2015

Scroll to see replies

Cambridge applicants, if you don't mind me asking, what are your stats?
Original post by sr234
I've got my economics interview on Thursday (at Kings) good luck for yours tommorow!!:smile:

How did it go?!
Original post by hannahtetteh
How did it go?!

mine was awful!! How was yours?
Original post by doublecc123
Cambridge applicants, if you don't mind me asking, what are your stats?

Applied to Jesus College
gcse: 9a* 2a
AS:
math 300/300
further math 277/300
history 188/200
econ 192/200
what about yourself?:smile: :smile:
Original post by sr234
mine was awful!! How was yours?

Abysmal! Only the pool can save me now
Abysmal! Only the pool can save me now

With your UMS I'm sure you'll get an offer! Who were your interviewers?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by sr234

Posted from TSR Mobile

Got my interview at King's today :| trying to somehow stay confident hahahahah
Original post by liamc1997
Got my interview at King's today :| trying to somehow stay confident hahahahah

Haha the interviewers are lovely! Just stay calm and you'll be fine. Best of luck:smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by sr234

Posted from TSR Mobile

Gosh I hope so. Dr Ardil and Malec (I'm 100% sure I've spelled their names incorrectly)
You?
Gosh I hope so. Dr Ardil and Malec (I'm 100% sure I've spelled their names incorrectly)
You?

Haha! Dr Elisa and Dr Juan Block, I think they were both French:tongue:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Interviews matter far less than people think! If UMS >95 then your chances are still good I'd say!
Original post by Mike_123
Interviews matter far less than people think! If UMS >95 then your chances are still good I'd say!

Cry at my 93.3 average ahaha

Posted from TSR Mobile
Some universities require an A in GCSE Maths?Does this apply to IGCSE Maths?However,on the University of Bath website(for economics),they've stated the requirements for both IGCSE and GCSE maths!
Original post by Skill Twix
Some universities require an A in GCSE Maths?Does this apply to IGCSE Maths?However,on the University of Bath website(for economics),they've stated the requirements for both IGCSE and GCSE maths!

I'm pretty sure they mean an A in any GCSE Maths, including i. While iGCSE is slightly harder, the boundaries are lower so I'd naturally assume that it will be the same.

-

Managed to get an unconditional from Birmingham for L100. That's 4 down and just UCL remaining.

Wish I decided to be a bit more dangerous and applied for maybe one extra top tier uni xD
Original post by SteelCookie
I'm pretty sure they mean an A in any GCSE Maths, including i. While iGCSE is slightly harder, the boundaries are lower so I'd naturally assume that it will be the same.

-

Managed to get an unconditional from Birmingham for L100. That's 4 down and just UCL remaining.

Wish I decided to be a bit more dangerous and applied for maybe one extra top tier uni xD

Well I'd need to contact them then!It's Bath that says a required grade in IGCSE Maths.
Well well done!Your stats?Where did you apply?Good luck with the UCL offer!
P.S I assume you are predicted an A* in Maths
Original post by NinjaPandaa
Cry at my 93.3 average ahaha

Posted from TSR Mobile

My average would be 80ish.Now let me cry:cry2:
Original post by Skill Twix
Well I'd need to contact them then!It's Bath that says a required grade in IGCSE Maths.
Well well done!Your stats?Where did you apply?Good luck with the UCL offer!
P.S I assume you are predicted an A* in Maths

Predicted an A in FM, I'm applying for Economics & Statistics. And thank you!

AAB in Math, Chem, Bio & 6A* out of 10 at GCSE.
Had my King's Cambridge interview today, and I can't believe it but it's the best interview I have ever had... I've done the very best I could have so now it's just wait and see :smile:
Original post by liamc1997
Had my King's Cambridge interview today, and I can't believe it but it's the best interview I have ever had... I've done the very best I could have so now it's just wait and see :smile:

Well done, hope it all works out well for you! Out of interest, how many interviews have you had in total though? I think Oxford interview was the first interview I ever had!
Original post by Wahrheit
Well done, hope it all works out well for you! Out of interest, how many interviews have you had in total though? I think Oxford interview was the first interview I ever had!

Thank You! & that was my 6th; I've had 3 different jobs before then & 2 mock interviews with current cambridge students. hope your application works out too :-)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending