The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Red Fox
I don't really mind the running around:tongue:

I'm a console peasant at heart so will only usually play on the PC as a last resort or if I've already played the game on console and want to use mods

This bit is hilarious :lol:
Original post by Bude8
This bit is hilarious :lol:

Can't remember the context for that bit, what happens? That's pretty far in as well isn't it? Have you found out what's in Yuno's room yet?
Original post by Red Fox
Can't remember the context for that bit, what happens? That's pretty far in as well isn't it? Have you found out what's in Yuno's room yet?

Yeah - she was trying to cockblock Yukki.

And yeah, although it seems ****ing stupid, it is still pretty grim :redface:
Burning through those KnB episodes, seriously one of the best animes I've watched!
Is there a season 3 in the making by any chance?
Original post by Bude8
This obviously depends on topic and nature of the essay - if it's a half an Extended Essay for example, it would not take you 'just 5 hours' - if you wanted a crap grade, then it would. Similarly, if it's something you know really well it'll obviously take less time.

If I've planned beforehand I write 700 words per/hour ish. I then added quite a bit to that for checking/rewording. But I'm a speedy typer.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by H.Ibrahim
Burning through those KnB episodes, seriously one of the best animes I've watched!

S3 starts Jan 15:tongue:
Original post by H.Ibrahim

Original post by Obiejess
If I've planned beforehand I write 700 words per/hour ish. I then added quite a bit to that for checking/rewording. But I'm a speedy typer.

Posted from TSR Mobile

How fast can you type? My PB is around 120wpm
Original post by Bude8

120wpm? :getmecoat:

also, I've done my month's procrastination expulsion. I'm back. I can almost hear the sound of my maths coursework not being done...
Original post by Guills on wheels
120wpm? :getmecoat:

also, I've done my month's procrastination expulsion. I'm back. I can almost hear the sound of my maths coursework not being done...

Maths coursework sounds horrible, stats or mechanics?
Original post by Bude8

2 words a second? No way is that true lol

Well how long can you maintain it
Original post by L'Evil Fish

your knuckles would just die.

Original post by Red Fox
Maths coursework sounds horrible, stats or mechanics?

Neither. Pure!

Geometry, solving polynomials. Ask L'Evil Fish, I have to go.
Just did a typing test and got 53 words per minute and I'm pretty slow but 120 sounds too crazy:lol:
(edited 9 years ago)

Original post by Red Fox
Just did a typing test and got 53 words per minute and I'm pretty slow but 120 sounds too crazy:lol:

Original post by Guills on wheels
your knuckles would just die.

Neither. Pure!

Geometry, solving polynomials. Ask L'Evil Fish, I have to go.

Ok, either I beat my old PB or got faster :tongue: I could maintain it for quite a few minutes I reckon - 1 minute is not that tiring, but it does kind of get boring...

edit: I've finished my maths coursework :biggrin:
(edited 9 years ago)
Original post by Bude8
Ok, either I beat my old PB or got faster :tongue: I could maintain it for quite a few minutes I reckon - 1 minute is not that tiring, but it does kind of get boring...

I call hax
Original post by Red Fox
I call hax

If I did a test where I had to type out a piece of prose I would only get around 110-115 I reckon

the only one who can beat me is me, apart from the other 0.36% of people :lol:

I've been used computers since I was like 4, and I don't know how I became this quick but I heard if you want to improve at typing, type as fast as you can, don't worry about mistakes, and you'll become used to it. Something like that. Muscle memory is a pretty incredible thing. :dontknow:

Tbf I think that sounds entirely possible, especially if you don't need to look away from the screen
Original post by Bude8
If I did a test where I had to type out a piece of prose I would only get around 110-115 I reckon

the only one who can beat me is me, apart from the other 0.36% of people :lol:

I've been used computers since I was like 4, and I don't know how I became this quick but I heard if you want to improve at typing, type as fast as you can, don't worry about mistakes, and you'll become used to it. Something like that. Muscle memory is a pretty incredible thing. :dontknow:

I'm determined to get better than 60 wpm now:lol:. I'll stop worrying about mistakes then and see how I do.

EDIT: Lol **** this it's impossible, I'll accept my fate as a slow typer who has to look at the keyboard.
(edited 9 years ago)
Original post by Red Fox
I'm determined to get better than 60 wpm now:lol:. I'll stop worrying about mistakes then and see how I do.

I wouldn't recommend this practise technique for other skills though; it only works with typing since the keys are so damn big. Don't you think it's weird that most people spend their days typing on keyboards yet they can't type that quickly? Something to do with plateaus; people think 'this is good enough'. I watched a video about it once; you need to try and push yoruself :holmes:

So long as you aren't one of those guys that type with their two index fingers only... I'll see how fast I can type with just my index fingers for lols :lol:
Original post by Bude8
I wouldn't recommend this practise technique for other skills though; it only works with typing since the keys are so damn big. Don't you think it's weird that most people spend their days typing on keyboards yet they can't type that quickly? Something to do with plateaus; people think 'this is good enough'. I watched a video about it once; you need to try and push yoruself :holmes:

So long as you aren't one of those guys that type with their two index fingers only... I'll see how fast I can type with just my index fingers for lols :lol:

Just got 60, 1 word per second is fast enough for me:tongue:
Original post by Red Fox
Just got 60, 1 word per second is fast enough for me:tongue:

You might hate me for this, but this is how I did with just my two index fingers :lol:

Practice does make perfect for this, if you want to learn to touch type then you'll have to try and get used to doing it without looking :tongue: although tbh, I don't think it's that useful a skill (unless you want to take notes using a computer? :dontknow:) - very rarely do you completely know what you want to say, and you usually need to check work so...

Latest