The Student Room Group

Study break days

Which days are you taking off from studying this festive season?
Original post by Ybsy75
Which days are you taking off from studying this festive season?

Lol non. I tried not to do work today but I'm currently reading physics... #sadlife

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 2
Original post by bigboateng
Lol non. I tried not to do work today but I'm currently reading physics... #sadlife

Posted from TSR Mobile

Oh dear. Although to be fair, I ended up looking something up which I remembered. Are you studying tomorrow too?
Did four hours yesterday, today only one hour and a half
Reply 4
I'm curious. Which type of student does better?

Student A - the type who studies every minute of his waking life, or close to it and feels guilty when he misses a whole day or even a few hours of study.

Student B - the type who studies only during planned hours. Takes proper rest days (like every weekend and public holidays) and does other things too.
Original post by Ybsy75
I'm curious. Which type of student does better?

Student A - the type who studies every minute of his waking life, or close to it and feels guilty when he misses a whole day or even a few hours of study.

Student B - the type who studies only during planned hours. Takes proper rest days (like every weekend and public holidays) and does other things too.

Student A, although they will suffer in other aspects of life such as socially compared to student B
Reply 6
Original post by Magnus Taylor
Student A, although they will suffer in other aspects of life such as socially compared to student B

That's what I thought too but apparently statistics show they perform exactly the same on average.
Original post by Ybsy75
That's what I thought too but apparently statistics show they perform exactly the same on average.

Partly stems from the fact that many student A will get depression etc and so will begin to underperform. I would consider myself more student A but I have adapted by going to the gym three times a week. It releases so much stress and so has enabled me to gain a better balance. As a result, I feel as though my intelligence has actually increased lol
Reply 8
Partly stems from the fact that many student A will get depression etc and so will begin to underperform. I would consider myself more student A but I have adapted by going to the gym three times a week. It releases so much stress and so has enabled me to gain a better balance. As a result, I feel as though my intelligence has actually increased lol

I think student b is more productive when they study too. I used to be student a but now I'm more student b and I actually feel less stressed but I'm still getting the same results of not improved results.
Original post by Ybsy75
I think student b is more productive when they study too. I used to be student a but now I'm more student b and I actually feel less stressed but I'm still getting the same results of not improved results.

An alternative emphasis could be that it is more practical to be a student B during term time, which is when you have school etc that enable you to follow a structure. However, on study leave before Summer exams, maybe being student A is more effective. The intensive hours you put in could be then recovered following the extensive break you would then have,
Reply 10
An alternative emphasis could be that it is more practical to be a student B during term time, which is when you have school etc that enable you to follow a structure. However, on study leave before Summer exams, maybe being student A is more effective. The intensive hours you put in could be then recovered following the extensive break you would then have,

Actually, I think in order to be student b, it has to be consistent during term time and holidays. If you're student b, you have to be efficient in studying and that requires to go through material week by week during teaching so when it comes to revising, you are revising rather than learning new stuff. I used to be lazy during term time and become student a for revision and that didn't work. Too much to learn in too short a space of time.
As with many things its about quality not quantity (of hours spent working). Overworking will tire you out and reduce your efficiency. Work out how and when you work best and what techniques are best for you then plan your sessions accordingly. Rest days are important for revision in the same way they're important for athletes.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 12
But like athlete we feel guilty about taking them.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending