The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Bude8
I learn from a YouTube channel called GuitarLessons365Song and he walks you through nicely a lot of songs - he's done tutorials for The Best of Times and Glasgow Kiss which I'm learning at the moment, might be handy when you pick the guitar up again :dontknow: I don't really like tabs that much but I think the best I can do atm is learn from the tab and compare myself to Dr Viossy :lol:

Yeah I prefer either tutorials or just learning stuff by ear, although I'm definitely not up to that level on guitar yet! Yeah thanks :smile: am excited to start again. Will keep me off video games enough that I'm actually doing something productive

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by rachelc142
I don't think I've got it any more, but it was along the lines of
"with regret your application is not being taken any further, thank you etc etc" then the line that got me was " we are deeply sorry for the disappointment this has inevitably caused you"

I just try and get the key words that the markscheme seems to highlight, one that springs to mind is "TOTAL" when describing "the principle of the conservation of momentum"

Yeah, we've not properly started it yet but I had a look at it and I swear to god its essays :frown: :frown:

Lmao what pricks

Yeah I remember seeing that!

Bleurgh, I don't mind but my teacher is just rubbish
Original post by L'Evil Fish
Lmao what pricks

Yeah I remember seeing that!

Bleurgh, I don't mind but my teacher is just rubbish

I know. its not the kind of place I want to be.

You just got one? Thats unfortunate :frown: we've got two and ones amazing and the other one was meh but then the meh one went off sick anyway and we got another reasonable guy instead
Yeah I prefer either tutorials or just learning stuff by ear, although I'm definitely not up to that level on guitar yet! Yeah thanks :smile: am excited to start again. Will keep me off video games enough that I'm actually doing something productive

Posted from TSR Mobile

You aren't missing out too much in WoD but it is kind of fun. Garrisons are great, but LFR is an absolute joke at the moment, you can pull bosses right after clearing trash (typical LFR) and still be fine; wiping is almost impossible. Luckily I found a guild that raids during the weekends when I'm back at home so :biggrin:
I know. its not the kind of place I want to be.

You just got one? Thats unfortunate :frown: we've got two and ones amazing and the other one was meh but then the meh one went off sick anyway and we got another reasonable guy instead

Oh no, we have 2

One is amazing
Original post by Bude8
You aren't missing out too much in WoD but it is kind of fun. Garrisons are great, but LFR is an absolute joke at the moment, you can pull bosses right after clearing trash (typical LFR) and still be fine; wiping is almost impossible. Luckily I found a guild that raids during the weekends when I'm back at home so :biggrin:

All I've seen on WoD so far is stuff that yogscast did on their livestreams, a few raids & I think they did a boss, but it looked reasonably easy.
the garrisons look cool! my friend was showing me his, how you can get followers that make your stuff/do missions etc. the sending followers on missions bit with the probability of completion really reminded me of the assassins guild on AC :P yeah I heard blizzard are having problems with that :/

will probably get it next summer tbf :P
All I've seen on WoD so far is stuff that yogscast did on their livestreams, a few raids & I think they did a boss, but it looked reasonably easy.
the garrisons look cool! my friend was showing me his, how you can get followers that make your stuff/do missions etc. the sending followers on missions bit with the probability of completion really reminded me of the assassins guild on AC :P yeah I heard blizzard are having problems with that :/

will probably get it next summer tbf :P

Imo the first two bosses on Highmaul are way too easy from a DPS point of view, but the bosses after that are actually quite fun and decently challenging. Summer will be a good time to get it I think :yes: but when I last played I only got the chance to do the last raid of the expansion, I'm looking forward to actually experiencing an entire expansion of raiding now :lol:
Original post by Bude8
Imo the first two bosses on Highmaul are way too easy from a DPS point of view, but the bosses after that are actually quite fun and decently challenging. Summer will be a good time to get it I think :yes: but when I last played I only got the chance to do the last raid of the expansion, I'm looking forward to actually experiencing an entire expansion of raiding now :lol:

yeah, thats when im gonna buy Unity too - when theyve had a decent chance to write patches etc :P
yeah, thats when im gonna buy Unity too - when theyve had a decent chance to write patches etc :P

Bought unity

Still haven't played properly

Haven't played in time

I've always wanted to play the AC series, but it doesn't look challenging at all + I already know what happens and you can't skip cutscenes (I think?) so :tongue:
Original post by L'Evil Fish
Bought unity

Still haven't played properly

Haven't played in time

Ive still not completed black flag. Fell out of love with the series from 3 onwards

Original post by Bude8
I've always wanted to play the AC series, but it doesn't look challenging at all + I already know what happens and you can't skip cutscenes (I think?) so :tongue:

my favourite thing about the AC series is the compelling storyline and concept to be honest. It's not challenging especially on earlier ones as combat is mashing left click/X. However as the games progress they are trying to remedy that, the biggest noticeable jump is from 2 to Brotherhood imo.
Yeah the cutscenes thing is annoying. They have a ridiculous amount of invisible walls to which pisses me off
id still recommend at least 1, 2 and brotherhood
So if I heard a straight melody I'd be able to harmonise virtually straight away, above & below :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Seems like the conversation has moved on but I do this too! If I'm listening to a song I naturally sing a harmony above or below and often find it much harder to sing the actual melody, I don't know why. :lol:
Ive still not completed black flag. Fell out of love with the series from 3 onwards

my favourite thing about the AC series is the compelling storyline and concept to be honest. It's not challenging especially on earlier ones as combat is mashing left click/X. However as the games progress they are trying to remedy that, the biggest noticeable jump is from 2 to Brotherhood imo.
Yeah the cutscenes thing is annoying. They have a ridiculous amount of invisible walls to which pisses me off
id still recommend at least 1, 2 and brotherhood

If I want a compelling story I'd watch anime :lol: but tbf, the AC storyline is quite interesting. I still don't think the combat mechanics would be challenging enough for my liking. I really like the 'just frame' mechanic but most games are very forgiving and give you more than one frame to give you a bonus :tongue:

My favourite gaming franchise is the Devil May Cry series, love the combat mechanics in it (it's actually pretty damn hard to play stylishly which makes it even more fun :biggrin:), I'm desperately hoping for DMC5 :moon:
(edited 9 years ago)

That new AC looks sexy tbf.

Good to see a new Arkham game but I didn't play the 3rd one.
Original post by drowninginsound
Seems like the conversation has moved on but I do this too! If I'm listening to a song I naturally sing a harmony above or below and often find it much harder to sing the actual melody, I don't know why. :lol:

yeah I'm the same! It tends to annoy people if theyre in my company :P

Original post by Bude8
If I want a compelling story I'd watch anime :lol: but tbf, the AC storyline is quite interesting. I still don't think the combat mechanics would be challenging enough for my liking. I really like the 'just frame' mechanic but most games are very forgiving and give you more than one frame to give you a bonus :tongue:

My favourite gaming franchise is the Devil May Cry series, love the combat mechanics in it (it's actually pretty damn hard to play stylishly which makes it even more fun :biggrin:), I'm desperately hoping for DMC5 :moon:

have never played DMC but always hear good things! my personal favourite series is Bioshock

Original post by Red Fox
That new AC looks sexy tbf.

Good to see a new Arkham game but I didn't play the 3rd one.

Yeah it does, but I also thought that about unity :P
I've only played a tiny bit of arkham city. found the controls odd on xbox
I bought asylum in a steam sale years ago and still havent got round to it

have never played DMC but always hear good things! my personal favourite series is Bioshock

Arkham Asylum is amazing. I only bought one game in 2014(FIFA lol) but 2015 is looking decent hopefully ubisoft don't **** up too much with these exciting games.

I need a new fallout game.
Original post by Red Fox
Arkham Asylum is amazing. I only bought one game in 2014(FIFA lol) but 2015 is looking decent hopefully ubisoft don't **** up too much with these exciting games.

hmm really? Have been meaning to start that and Dragon Age for a while now. Yeah, I too haven't bought much this year, what with new consoles etc. I know, I heard Watch Dogs was a let down which was upsetting since I'd been waiting for it since E3 2012
fallout 4 would be most welcome !!! I'd also quite like a new bethesda one off game, like dishonoured style, really enjoyed that

I've heard things about the Bioshock plot being incredibly mind****ing, need to try it at some point! I'd also love a new Elder Scrolls game (still need to check out the online one though)

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Red Fox

I'm watching Your Lie in April and it's more OP than KnB. They're playing instruments without moving(!) :lol:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Latest