The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by L'Evil Fish
Lmao, why would being on a different phone make any difference whatsoever

Duuuh

:wink:
omg I broke and watched the interview and it was really ****in good omfg you were right

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by cerlohee
:wink:
omg I broke and watched the interview and it was really ****in good omfg you were right

Posted from TSR Mobile

Loooooool

It's way too funny
English mock done, ****ing vacation time boys
Original post by rachelc142
Yeah they can be really hard but don't worry about it honestly - try and break the problem down and think about what information you have, and what equations you know that can help you get to the next step, and that's another thing knowing your equations is a very big part of m1!
That's annoying, I hate teachers like that :frown: listen if you've ever got a specific example I'm more than happy to try and help you out if you wanted to PM me any time :smile: also I really recommend the website examsolutions.net it's soo good he explains things really well!
The main thing is don't panic, you can do it :smile: as well there's numerous maths threads on here and I'm sure people would always want to help!

Posted from TSR Mobile

aww thats so lovely of you, thank you! I'm currently trying to do my 2 C3 papers which are in for homework sigh... I loved IGCSE maths but A level maths has just ruined everything! I use exam solutions but not for M1, will try that next time thanks!
Original post by Sohfie
aww thats so lovely of you, thank you! I'm currently trying to do my 2 C3 papers which are in for homework sigh... I loved IGCSE maths but A level maths has just ruined everything! I use exam solutions but not for M1, will try that next time thanks!

No problem at all! Yeah I'm doing a C3 paper too, I'd overlooked it tbh got my mock in a few weeks :frown: don't worry I promise it gets better,up until easter last year I struggled like hell with M1&2 but ended up getting an A in further maths, anything is possible :biggrin:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by XxKingSniprxX
I feel your pain. I revised C3 thoroughly and am now finally scoring consistently good in past papers. However, mechanics makes me :frown: and I study Physics. :lol: In Mechanics 1, you either understand or don't understand what is involved.
I'm planning on focusing from Jan-early March on M1 since abstract maths takes longer to understand than straightforward core modules.

How did you persuade your college to let you resit all of your AS modules? My college only lets us resit 1 module but 2 at the most. I'm in a similar boat to you since I'm resitting C2+S1 + A2 maths = 5/6 exams whereas your sitting 6/6 maths module exams.

Have you seen how tightly packed the exams are? I'm only concerned at S1(5th June) & M1(3rd June) as they require opposite skills whereas core modules are easy since they are synoptic papers. What subjects do you study besides Maths?
I'm studying Maths, Physics & History. What are you applying to study at uni?

Yeah I just don't get M1, I really just want it to f off hahah! But of course, i can't do that :frown: I go to a private school and they just let me! They asked me which ones i want to resit and i told them all of AS maths and they were like yeah thats the best thing to do. They did say that i'll need to revise a lot though which i have not been doing so now I'm like really panicky and sh*tting myself.

Yeah i have seen the exam timetable fml. Gonna be greaaat for us! I study maths, economics and geography! ALSO resitting all of economics... can someone just kmn pls hahah
I feel your pain. I revised C3 thoroughly and am now finally scoring consistently good in past papers. However, mechanics makes me :frown: and I study Physics. :lol: In Mechanics 1, you either understand or don't understand what is involved.
I'm planning on focusing from Jan-early March on M1 since abstract maths takes longer to understand than straightforward core modules.

How did you persuade your college to let you resit all of your AS modules? My college only lets us resit 1 module but 2 at the most. I'm in a similar boat to you since I'm resitting C2+S1 + A2 maths = 5/6 exams whereas your sitting 6/6 maths module exams.

Have you seen how tightly packed the exams are? I'm only concerned at S1(5th June) & M1(3rd June) as they require opposite skills whereas core modules are easy since they are synoptic papers. What subjects do you study besides Maths?
I'm studying Maths, Physics & History. What are you applying to study at uni?

Oh and I'm planning to study human geography at uni! how about you? I'm guessing something like engineering? :smile:
No problem at all! Yeah I'm doing a C3 paper too, I'd overlooked it tbh got my mock in a few weeks :frown: don't worry I promise it gets better,up until easter last year I struggled like hell with M1&2 but ended up getting an A in further maths, anything is possible :biggrin:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Honestly i feel so fed up with maths, it just went downhill from last year :frown: I initially got an E in AS but i got it remarked to a D which isn't any better but its better for my uni prediction.. sigh. Cried for days over it because i was so shocked at my grade. Never felt like such a failure in life! I just hope i can pull my grade up with this years resits :l and thats an amazing grade! bet you worked really hard for it though :smile:
anyone found the ocr core 3 2014 paper by any chance? would help me no end
Original post by Sohfie
Honestly i feel so fed up with maths, it just went downhill from last year :frown: I initially got an E in AS but i got it remarked to a D which isn't any better but its better for my uni prediction.. sigh. Cried for days over it because i was so shocked at my grade. Never felt like such a failure in life! I just hope i can pull my grade up with this years resits :l and thats an amazing grade! bet you worked really hard for it though :smile:

Aww don't say that :frown: A Levels are difficult! A D at A level is an A* at GSCE.
Of course you can, hard work & determination make good results :smile: aw thankyou! Yeah especially with mechanics !
Posted from TSR Mobile
Aww don't say that :frown: A Levels are difficult! A D at A level is an A* at GSCE.
Of course you can, hard work & determination make good results :smile: aw thankyou! Yeah especially with mechanics !
Posted from TSR Mobile

People say its harder than uni! I don't know if thats true but it definitely is difficult! I was one mark off A* in maths igcse ugh. I really do need to knuckle down and concentrate on revision! especially m1!
Original post by Sohfie
Oh and I'm planning to study human geography at uni! how about you? I'm guessing something like engineering? :smile:

I'm planning on studying Physics at Uni. Haha, many would have thought so as-well but it engineering just didn't float my boat.

How many exams do you have in total w/resits?
I'm resitting both AS Physics & C2/S1 just for the extra marks as you can never know how well you'll perform in your A2 exams as they are harder.

You looking forward to uni?
I'm planning on studying Physics at Uni. Haha, many would have thought so as-well but it engineering just didn't float my boat.

How many exams do you have in total w/resits?
I'm resitting both AS Physics & C2/S1 just for the extra marks as you can never know how well you'll perform in your A2 exams as they are harder.

You looking forward to uni?

ohh i see, you must really love physics! my friend wanted to do engineering at first but after AS physics (which she hated) , she took a huge turn and decided on architecture!
I basically have 12 exams in total including resits :frown: I'm resitting all of economics and maths because i didn't do well in them in AS sigh... How many exams do you have in total?

Yeah I'm really excited for uni! looking forward to meeting new people and living in a different place. How about you?
Related to the football discussion and hooligans etc.
[video]https://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v= HWVIUe2_uAM[/video]

Utterly awful, yet impressive at the same time how they're in unison...
(edited 9 years ago)
Original post by Bude8
Related to the football discussion and hooligans etc.
[video]https://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v= HWVIUe2_uAM[/video]

Utterly awful, yet impressive at the same time how they're in unison...

The worst thing he could do was react to it:lol:, he'll just get it 10x worse after that if they know it's getting to him.
In case any of you have doubted yourself that 1+1=2, here's a proof

Original post by Bude8
In case any of you have doubted yourself that 1+1=2, here's a proof

My f maths teacher once showed us a proof that 1=2 :lol:

Posted from TSR Mobile
My f maths teacher once showed us a proof that 1=2 :lol:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Here's a proof that 3=0

Do you know how this sort of thing works? :tongue: I explained it to Fishy once, wonder if he can remember :lol:
Original post by Bude8
Here's a proof that 3=0

Do you know how this sort of thing works? :tongue: I explained it to Fishy once, wonder if he can remember :lol:

Creating false solutions or something?

Can't create a higher power equation
Original post by L'Evil Fish
Creating false solutions or something?

Can't create a higher power equation

Yeah, spurious roots innit :cool:

Latest