The Student Room Group
Frenchay Campus, Bristol University of the West of England
University of the West of England, Bristol
Bristol
Visit website

No hope.

Hello everyone.

UWE is not a bad university, but I did choose it as a safe option, just in case I don't get into my other choices (UEA, Reading, Cardiff and UCL).
i just checked my email and I got an offer from UWE. However, it is conditional. So now I am worried that I won't get into the other universities at all, as I didn't get an offer from this one. And my grades are not low. (I am waiting for one exam result to release on Jan 25th)
What should I do? Give up hope? Because now I am really, really afraid that I will not go to university this year. I appreciate your help!

By the way, I didn't post this to show off my offers - am I just genuinely concerned about meeting the requirements and my future.
(edited 9 years ago)
Reply 1
Original post by mari13
Hello everyone.

UWE is not a bad university, but I did choose it as a safe option, just in case I don't get into my other choices (UEA, Reading, Cardiff and UCL).
i just checked my email and I got an offer from UWE. However, it is conditional. So now I am worried that I won't get into the other universities at all, as I didn't get an offer from this one. And my grades are not low. (I am waiting for one exam result to release on Jan 25th)
What should I do? Give up hope? Because now I am really, really afraid that I will not go to university this year. I appreciate your help!

By the way, I didn't post this to show off my offers - am I just genuinely concerned about meeting the requirements and my future.

What are the conditions? Conditional offers are common from both insurance and higher universities so not a reason to worry at all!
Frenchay Campus, Bristol University of the West of England
University of the West of England, Bristol
Bristol
Visit website
Original post by mari13
Hello everyone.

Are you saying it's a bad sign that you got a conditional offer as opposed to an unconditional one?
Reply 3
Original post by mfl2015
What are the conditions? Conditional offers are common from both insurance and higher universities so not a reason to worry at all!

Thank God!
It just says I need 300+ UCAS points from 2 or more A Levels. T
Reply 4
Original post by SeanFM
Are you saying it's a bad sign that you got a conditional offer as opposed to an unconditional one?

No, it's not bad. But I am just worried, because I thought UWE was easy to get into (According to friends, family, teachers etc). I am grateful that I at least got an offer but I was tensed because I have a slim chance of getting any offers from the other Uni's that require higher grades) Plus, I applied to UCL and Cardiff too, which are Russell Group universities, so I have lost hope. Oh well, hopefully East Anglia and Reading will accept me. :colondollar:
Original post by mari13
No, it's not bad. But I am just worried, because I thought UWE was easy to get into (According to friends, family, teachers etc). I am grateful that I at least got an offer but I was tensed because I have a slim chance of getting any offers from the other Uni's that require higher grades) Plus, I applied to UCL and Cardiff too, which are Russell Group universities, so I have lost hope. Oh well, hopefully East Anglia and Reading will accept me. :colondollar:

Ah right, not to worry then. Right now the important thing is to achieve the grades and do well in your mocks, as well as being prepared for your exams later on in the year. Neither my firm nor my insurance were unconditional offers, so there you go. Just keep your fingers crossed and have faith in your applications. :smile:

Also 300 points is equivalent to BBB at A-level without any AS qualifications in case you were wondering.
Reply 6
Original post by SeanFM
Ah right, not to worry then. Right now the important thing is to achieve the grades and do well in your mocks, as well as being prepared for your exams later on in the year. Neither my firm nor my insurance were unconditional offers, so there you go. Just keep your fingers crossed and have faith in your applications. :smile:

Also 300 points is equivalent to BBB at A-level without any AS qualifications in case you were wondering.

Thank you so much, I feel much better now!:smile:
Reply 7
Hello everyone! Just a quick note to say thanks for making me feel better. I was worried for no reason!
Also, I would like to share something - I got an offer from Cardiff University! I am so happy, like extremely happy! (It is conditional but whatever!)
I don't want to brag but I just shared this because now I have hope! All the best for your choices! Hope you get into the universities you want! :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending